• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jason Voorhees vs Gregor Clegane

Human Jason Voorhees vs Human Gregor Clegane (Game of Thrones)
  • Both in their human forms, Jason in his Parts III & IV key
  • Victory condition: Death
  • Starting distance: 5 meters
  • Speed equalized
  • Jason has his machete and Gregor his greatsword and armor
  • Both in character
  • No prep time
  • Gregor has an AP of >>> 428,905.8 Joules and Jason has an AP of 516,644.24 Joules, so they should have a similar AP
Jason Voorhees:

The Mountain:

Inconclusive:

Last edited:
Gregor would tire much more quickly than Jason, since not only does Jason have superior stamina but we've seen Gregor tire fairly quickly while fighting the Red Viper, and we've also seen his moves be a little clumsy when he gets angry, which is pretty much whenever his enemy doesn't die when he tells them to. And most of his attacks will barely affect Jason. If he lands any blow except a decapitation or dismemberment, Jason will use the opening that attack creates to get in close and kill Gregor, or land some other counter which will seriously harm Gregor. Gregor doesn't even have a significant skill advantage, since he noticeably relies on his size and strength to win fights. Jason is the same, but he has the advantage in AP, survivability and endurance here, all advantages Gregor pretty much depends on having over his opponent when he fights.

The difference in endurance is shortened thanks to Gregor's armor, since it covers almost his entire body, and the difference in AP isn't very significant. Also note that Gregor's greatsword has more range than Jason's machete, and it is in character for Gregor to kill his opponent by dismemberment or decapitation. Also Gregor has a higher Lifting Strength that he can take advantage of

Stabbing through a breastplate is only street level +, and the longer reach doesn't prevent it being blocked. I described it at first but removed that stuff to shorten the message. Jason has been shown to dodge and block attacks, and he usually defends his upper body with his machete, the very place where Gregor can land a fatal hit. Swords are weapons that aren't designed to pack a heavy impact at the tip. It's why they weren't as popular in history as fantasy movies would have people believe.

I originally posted the below information in the first message but removed it to shorten it.

Gregor will likely attack first and attempt to cut off Jason's head with his sword. Jason can block that with his machete, and at this point I'd say Gregor staggers back and then charges again, likely having his attacks blocked repeatedly until he wears down. I'd predict Gregor getting exhausted from his own attacks and then Jason coming in close, throwing Gregor on the ground, climbing on top of him and ramming the machete through the breastplate.

Even if Gregor's barrage of blows lands a hit, Jason will be protecting his head, meaning that attack will most likely land in an area that won't bring Jason down. This less-than-fatal blow will leave Gregor open to a counter attack which will likely consist of Jason landing a hit which will harm Gregor significantly if not kill him. Gregor can potentially win if Jason makes a mistake, but the odds seem to be on Jason's side here.

GoT weapons and armor are stronger and tougher than IRL. Gregor can also dodge and block attacks, though I don't know if that counts since it's in his undead form. And I don't think Jason can take down Gregor since he has a superiority in Lifting Strength. And I don't think it's fair to base almost everything on the fight between Gregor and Oberyn, since at that moment his opponent was far more skilled and agile than him, and Gregor had good fights against Sandor for example.
Edit: Gregor in this scene attacked low areas and also blocked a blow

Last edited:
Technically Sandor was also more skilled than Gregor. I don't know if the actor did it on purpose, but Gregor's swings tend to be clumsy and even off-balance. If you read my above paragraph you'll see I only mentioned knocking him down when he was exhausted, and perhaps even after a few machete hits. I also didn't say Gregor can't defend, just that Jason also can. It's just that both of them are brainless battering rams with legs so they almost never do. That's less of an issue in-universe when Jason can handle injuries the way he does and a knight in armour is basically a human tank though. Gregor also noticeably uses large movements when he attacks, and when he's off balance or anything else he wastes energy. Remember he threw off his own balance when attacking Sandor in Season 1 as well.

Jason's profile isn't the clearest about this, but even human Jason is very hard to kill. In fact, I wonder if he was originally intended to have died at all. He came back fine after getting an axe in his head, and Tommy had to hit him until his head was basically destroyed before he stayed down. He also takes multiple wounds to the body without issue. I must ask, where does GoT armour being wall level come from? It takes hits from wall level characters but also gets breached by characters below that level, so I don't know if that's reliable.

Jason's profile isn't the clearest about this, but even human Jason is very hard to kill. In fact, I wonder if he was originally intended to have died at all. He came back fine after getting an axe in his head, and Tommy had to hit him until his head was basically destroyed before he stayed down. He also takes multiple wounds to the body without issue.
I don't think that's much of a problem for Gregor since he usually makes attacks to dismember limbs, decapitate or cut off the entire belly

Where did Gregor physically scaling to the valyrian steel sword come from?

Jason is having his P&A stuff reworked. So I'll hold off on making a comment.

Though I will note that its unlikely Gregor scales to the 428kj feat, since there's no reason for him to scale to V. Steel.

It appears that from what he scales from comes from this, but I'm still confused on why he scales to that 428 feat, does he break one, or survive being cut by it?

Where did the feat that he scales to come from?

For the thread Jason went through a revision recently so you'll have to adjust which key is being used.

I've been thinking on it, but really I think this ultimately comes down to two factors: Skill and gear.

Gregor has far superior gear and is a far better warrior than Jason. Jason might be stronger or have better extra powers, but those don't really help him when Gregor can consistently beat him in HtH combat, Jason will struggle getting through plate armor (that can handle blows from people comparable to Gregor) and regeneration won't really help Jason if he's cut in half.

While Jason can resurrect, major damage like head trauma will put him out of the 24 hour period where it matters for a fight.

Back