• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jason Voorhees (NES) Revision

Statistics Amplification Change:
The justification for SA is
I think it is better changed to
Accelerated Development (Other; Physical Stats; Grows stronger after each battle)
It should be noted that the reason why I does not consider it as Reactive Power Level as RPL is Accelerated Development during battle, but NES Jason is after battle (or specifically, after him being seemingly defeated).

Stats Upgrade:

Zombies in this NES games are capable of entering to the ground from the underground, which may apply to https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/References_for_Common_Feats#Digging_up_from_the_Underground. Since zombies are common enemies in the game, it is not hard to find footage for it.

AD seems fine. Frankly I'd accept RPL too, since I feel it fits for both, but I agree either or is more accurate than SA.

Even common things probably should have footage, but if the feat is genuine then yeah, that's fine.

Statistics Amplification Change:
The justification for SA is

I think it is better changed to

It should be noted that the reason why I does not consider it as Reactive Power Level as RPL is Accelerated Development during battle, but NES Jason is after battle (or specifically, after him being seemingly defeated).
Seems fine but you could consider it either or really
Stats Upgrade:
Zombies in this NES games are capable of entering to the ground from the underground, which may apply to https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/References_for_Common_Feats#Digging_up_from_the_Underground. Since zombies are common enemies in the game, it is not hard to find footage for it.
Footage should still be provided. That calculation in particular is just for doing it all at once.

It's also kind of bad given it doesn't account for soil which is the most probable occurrence out of these.

Footage should still be provided. That calculation in particular is just for doing it all at once.
I suppose this TAS video is usable (about 00:16)

Maybe even AVGN's episode is usable in this case since zombies are too common to ignore in the game.

Seems fine but you could consider it either or really
The main reason I don't consider his Accelerated Development is during battle is because he grows stronger only after being defeated by players (when you manages to put him down, the text says he's alive and he's getting stronger). You can encounter Jason but there is no evidence suggesting that he grows his strength during battle.

By the way, do you agree with removing all statements similar to "higher after Statistic Amplification" since profile in VS Battles Wiki rarely describe Accelerated Development benefits as this.

I suppose this TAS video is usable (about 00:16)
Yeah tbh this looks like soil so I don't think digging like that is a superhuman feat.
By the way, do you agree with removing all statements similar to "higher after Statistic Amplification" since profile in VS Battles Wiki rarely describe Accelerated Development benefits as this.
I don't mind one way or the other really, we don't have any standards on this.

Yeah tbh this looks like soil so I don't think digging like that is a superhuman feat.
Made a quick calculation based on this
Soil has a frag energy of 0.15 J/cc, a violent frag energy of 0.2 J/cc
Fragmentation:
511000*0.15=76650 J Wall level
Violent fragmentation:
511000*0.2=102200 J Wall level
However, it is not the final result as zombies' height should be pixil-scaled to the protagonists, who are original characters.

I mean that'd still imply it was one with one move but that's not really how digging works. Really the standard feat assumptions are pretty bad generally.

I mean that'd still imply it was one with one move but that's not really how digging works. Really the standard feat assumptions are pretty bad generally.
Well... that's another topic which could be brought into Calc Group Discussion. Maybe I should better abandon the stats proposal for now since the common feat may need some update.

AD seems fine. Frankly I'd accept RPL too, since I feel it fits for both, but I agree either or is more accurate than SA.

Even common things probably should have footage, but if the feat is genuine then yeah, that's fine.
Since the Statistics Amplification Change is not controversial and accepted, I'll apply this. I feel that this thread could be closed since the Digging_up_from_the_Underground feat is challenged (which should be in another thread).

Update: I have applied "Statistics Amplification Change" part.

Last edited:
Back