• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Izuku Midoriya VS Marcy Wu

Both at 8-B, Joint Training Arc 8% Deku and Base Marcy are used

Fight takes place within the U.A. Sports Festival Stadium

Both start at 10 meters apart

Speed is equalized

Fight ends in K.O

"Turning talk into action is what we do!!":7 (Kingofwolves999, Flashlight237, TauanVictor, SuperStar, LeoEpicGamer8910, jojo123, RandomGuy2345)

"I won't run away from it anymore!":0

Inconclusive:0

6B81xPN.jpg
M7CidjQ.jpg

Last edited:
Pretty sure Deku predicts and blocks all her shots with Air Force and straight up beats her in cqc. Not really any items I’m seeing that affect him much, not even the mushroom since he has a gas mask to prevent breathing it in. He’s way more mobile and out ranges with Air Force except for her arrows which he can deflect. So he can just block her shots, predict how she fights, then go in and restrain her with his LS advantage.

AP is close enough to not matter much, so it comes down to skill, and Deku seems more built for combat than her. Analytical prediction annd Air Force alone **** her up, not even getting into how he can reach and restrain her easily.

AP is close enough to not matter much, so it comes down to skill, and Deku seems more built for combat than her. Analytical prediction annd Air Force alone **** her up, not even getting into how he can reach and restrain her easily.
Problem, there's a future CRT to fix Marcy's skill based on supplementary material. It's best to wait for that to come in

Problem, there's a future CRT to fix Marcy's skill based on supplementary material. It's best to wait for that to come in
Does any of it make her not get heavily impeded by analytical prediction? And what kind of skill fix are we talking here, is she on some Batman, ridiculous “knows every martial arts in the world and stomps Bruce Lee” stuff or what.

This is a tough one... Hmmm...

Both are pretty good analysts. Marcy leans more into the book smarts from what I can tell, and her not having an A in gym shows that she isn't exactly the best athlete. Basically unless the Core wants her ass, I ain't sure how much of her smarts aside from adaptability and knowledge in Amphibian magic works. Sure, Marcy is the smartest character in the series aside from maybe the Core due to it somehow figuring out how to manipulate her, but she isn't exactly Sasha who is more focused on the art of war.

Deku, on the other hand, puts his analytical skills more on the combat aspect, analyzing each quirk and their weaknesses, although fiction doesn't seem to like showing drawbacks unless it needs to, so I dunno if he's getting too much on the weakness spectrum from Marcy besides "she's as clumsy as a drunken uncle," even though the AP gap between the two is essentially "Marcy can murk Deku in arm wrestling." Deku's lifting strength would put him at a major advantage over Marcy, so much so that I dunno if kneeing Deku in the groin would do Marcy any favors if she gets pinned. Also, Deku has better ranged options than Marcy...

See, Deku only gets the piercing damage part of the fire arrows because Deku could resist 5000 degrees celsius while Marcy's fire arrows could only do 1100 (https://www.thoughtco.com/why-is-fire-hot-607320 ) due to it being a wood fire. Smoke arrows aren't doing much either. Stinkshrooms are Marcy's best option since they are corrosive (bear in mind, All Might himself couldn't use One For All that much since one of his lungs were utterly destroyed), but they take five minutes to grow and by then Deku would've figured out how to.... Stand back a little further. Deku, on the other hand, can just use his fingers on the fly (well, literally anyone can, just Deku's fingers are more combat applicable than the average human fingers) with the only detriment being potential injury to himself from doing so.

So yeah, more than likely Deku's winning this than not.

Does any of it make her not get heavily impeded by analytical prediction? And what kind of skill fix are we talking here, is she one some Batman, ridiculous “knows every martial arts in the world and stomps Bruce Lee” stuff or what.
It's currently uncertain, that's why any matches where skill heavily comes into play is on hold

It's currently uncertain, that's why any matches where skill heavily comes into play is on hold
“Certainly uncertain” Shirou Emiya is that you?

And regardless, if it’s nothing like that then I don’t see why it matters much to him predicting her and sniping with Air Force.
Stinkshrooms are Marcy's best option since they are corrosive (bear in mind, All Might himself couldn't use One For All that much since one of his lungs were utterly destroyed), but they take five minutes to grow and by then Deku would've figured out how to.... Stand back a little further. Deku, on the other hand, can just use his fingers on the fly (well, literally anyone can, just Deku's fingers are more combat applicable than the average human fingers) with the only detriment being potential injury to himself from doing so.
1) Deku’s mask, on his costume, is a poison filter. He literally just puts on the mask and doesn’t breathe in the spores.

2) All Might was limited in time because he lost his entire stomach + a lung, resulting in him being literally emaciated due to lack of nutrition and eternal pain. A state he was in for 5 years. A bit more than a lung damage did that to his control over the Quirk.

3) Deku doesn’t hurt himself with Air Force so that isn’t even a factor.

Other than that, agree with all points in this post.

Wait... wouldn't he range stomp then? If his attacks can't be dodged?
I mean yeah, if he gets his predictions down he can blast her constantly. I’m pretty sure her range is good enough to fire back, it’s just he can flick her shots out of the air like he did to Beros’ arrows (hasn’t happened yet for 8% but no reason he can’t do the same thing).

1) Deku’s mask, on his costume, is a poison filter. He literally just puts on the mask and doesn’t breathe in the spores.
I don't think he even needs that; I mean... Five minutes before that thing grows and takes effect. Deku would need significantly less time than that to just... back off, ya know? Granted I don't think there's a specific range listed for the Stinkshrooms, but given they were used to annoy giant ants, I think she can get more mileage out of her crossbow than she could with a mushroom. I think there's a good chance Deku's taking Marcy down before the five minutes are up.

I mean not really a stomp, he just wins. Better range and Analytical Prediction make it so he can avoid her more dangerous hax and hit her from afar. 5% doesn’t have either of those on top of being nearly 2x weaker, so it’d be purely relying on him outskilling in cqc, and apparently her skill isn’t updated.

Back