• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Is vs battle wiki inaccurate

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bring this question because a lot of times there are websites who are against vs battle wiki because there is a lot of inaccuracies with it.

they say the scaling is inaccurate and the fancalc for the profiles is really bad.

Are what these websites saying is true that vs battle wiki is very inaccurate?

We try to be as acurate as possible, but with the amount of verses, character profiles, differing opinions, lack of supporters, etc. there likely are a few inaccuracies or just general issues with somethings. But imo that is only a small amount of profiles, less than a 3rd. Could be wrong though.

This is subjective and anyone can say anything about the site.

We pay attention to anyone trying to constructively do stuff here like improving the wiki with threads to add, remove and/or modify something, ask questions about anything, and similar things. But we ignore those people hating or saying we are bad outside of the site, legit most of the time they could have made threads here by copy-pasting their complaints about the 3 or 5 verses they have a problem with and that would be more helpful for anyone.

Kiryu2012 said:
I absolutely think this site is rather inaccurate.
Doesn't the inaccuracy also happen because of fanboyism.

I feel like fanboyism, inaccuracy, Admin abuse, and a few other things are the reason why many people dislike vs battle wiki.

It's also because of this inaccuracy, most people don't use vs battle wiki as a source for information on vs battles.

I should also add that inaccuracy also happens because

Calcs>Feats And statements.

Plus lots of highballing and lowballing.

And the vs battle wiki standards don't apply to every fiction

I feel like fanboyism, inaccuracy, Admin abuse, and a few other things are the reason why many people dislike vs battle wiki.

It's also because of this inaccuracy, most people don't use vs battle wiki as a source for information on vs battles.

Why do you feel it's inaccurate? And what abuse?

Eh, I think the profiles themselves are fairly accurate, at least with more popular verses. The matchups, not as much.

Why do you feel it's inaccurate? And what abuse?

Well I feel like it's inaccurate because a lot of times the profiles are fan calculated so it's not very accurate especially if the person who calculated it was a fanboy of the series.

And the abuse.

Try fixing a profile is sometimes hard because the admins hold a lot of power. Fixing sometimes takes months because of the admins.

@Pokemonfan As said above, subjective opinions with no solutions are rather pointless, you are not even giving evidence of what you are referring to, do you want us to work with that? This is pretty much "you guys are doing things wrong on this matters but I'm not elaborating on why or giving examples of it".

Eficiente said:
@Pokemonfan As said above, subjective opinions with no solutions are rather pointless, you are not even giving evidence of what you are referring to, do you want us to work with that? This is pretty much "you guys are doing things wrong on this matters but I'm not elaborating on why or giving examples of it".
I mean, it shouldn't matter too much. They aren't making any hard accusations.

I'll say this about VS Wiki and why it gets a lot of hate. The game on here is very different from the game on many other VS debate forums and sites. You don't just win a debate and prove you are right. The VS wiki debate structure is a game of beuracracy. You have to build support of the general community and various mods, and often it can come down to one opinion that makes or breaks an upgrade. And while some verses writing styles just aren't favored by this kind of game, and thus will almost always seen as inaccurate by people off site, some verses are very favored by this. People see it as bad when their tactics that work off site don't work on here. It is neither better nor worse, just simply a different game

I think Vs in general is a very touchy and subjective hobby and everyone looks over and interprets everything differently

I have friends who think the site is dumb because they disagree with there ratings and find it unjustified with there own reasoning and calcs

This hobby can bring out the worst in some people but just try to remember it's for fun and not take it to seriously and you'll be fine

Pokemonfan807 said:
Well I feel like it's inaccurate because a lot of times the profiles are fan calculated so it's not very accurate especially if the person who calculated it was a fanboy of the series.
And the users evaluating the calc and saying it's ok, are those fanboys too? Can you give 1 example of that?

@Yobobojojo "Admin abuse" is a hard accusation, I believe.

The very notion of trying to actually determine who'd win in a fight is absurd, because there's a billion arbitrary and contradictory variables both within the story and the standards of the debaters that makes determining any victor utterly implausible (it's whoever the writer says so, everything else is bullshit), so VS battle wiki ultimately can never be more or less accurate than any other place on the internet.

Now, if we do try to look at stuff semi-objectively, are there some absurd notions here? Yeah, sure, but there's lots of dumb shit from other people and places on the internet, this place just gets singled out a lot because it's big and completely dedicated to it.

Yobobojojo said:
Kiryu2012 said:
Why is that?
Everything. Assigning every character at specific tiers and levels, scaling tons of characters off of one feat that's either a huge outlier or incredibly vague, making ridiculous claims like solar system level Godzilla or multiversal Kratos, etc. I just don't agree with any of it. The Respect Thread Reddit's the way to go.

Kiryu2012 said:
Yobobojojo said:
Kiryu2012 said:
Why is that?
Everything. Assigning every character at specific tiers and levels, scaling tons of characters off of one feat that's either a huge outlier or incredibly vague, making ridiculous claims like solar system level Godzilla or multiversal Kratos, etc. I just don't agree with any of it. The Respect Thread Reddit's the way to go.
Assuming they aren't full of outliers to begin with LOL

Why is that?

I mean, you have to debunk those claims, and you're welcome to explain why they don't work.

The problem is, most times without calcs we don't get proper ratings. Just because a character destroys a planet doesn't mean they are planet level. It depends on how it's done. Fragmenting, Pulverizing, and so on. This is why destroying the Moon could be Planet level. But we wouldn't know this without calcs. Without calcs, a lot of profiles would have Unknown ratings or ratings that people think are ok. We do take statments but if the verse shows things against this we don't take them.

Again, we can't please everyone. This is just me rambling, I'm pretty tired, see y'all later.

Don't forget scaling a character to another character.

Like saying someone is island level simply because they can go toe to toe with an island buster.

Just because they can go toe to toe with an island buster doesn't necessarily mean that they can destroy islands.

I mean

That's just how we do it here. If you want, you can explain why.

It's worth noting that no one has ever said AP = Range. Just look at the first Pre-Crisis Superman vs Jiren

Yobobojojo said:
I mean
That's just how we do it here. If you want, you can explain why.

It's worth noting that no one has ever said AP = Range. Just look at the first Pre-Crisis Superman vs Jiren
Jiren legit shook the infinite-sized World of Void tho, but only Goku had his range upped, not Jiren. Weird.

Yes, but that's not exactly what I was saying tho. I just said that Jiren shook an infinite-sized realm, which qualifies for High Universal range according to our standards.

EDIT: Wait, we don't have High Universal range here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back