• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Is Toph really building level?

Status
Not open for further replies.
In a recent debate over Death Battle's Gaara vs Toph, I believe I found a number I can put on Toph's library feat.

According to that philosopher's diagram of Wan Shi Tong's library, it's clearly based on the Taj Mahal, which is estimated to weigh around 2.5 quadrillion kg (2,500,000,000,000,000 kg for those who are wondering), or around 2.8 trillion tons. Using F=ma, and applying the lowest round number for a, 1 m/s^2, gives 2.5 quadrillion Newtons of force

My math may be off, though. What do you think?

I always wondered about the library feat but im no math genius so I can't say anything really.

We preferably need a calculation for the required energy posted in a blog here in this wiki, and evaluated by the calc group members.

Lifting 2.5*10^12 tons is only a lifting strength feat, it would only scale to Earth benders that are at Toph level. But I unknown the details, Gwyn is the only who knowns about the verse iirc.

Okay. Gwynbleiddd has regrettably left the wiki.

Lifting strength feats can be calced both as Kinetic Energy and Potential Energy, if i'm not mistaken

It would be, however, a conditional AP. Did she destroyed the library or just lifted it, and how?

EndlessMike did a calculation on it in one of his Calc Request blogs. Since the OBD update, I can't really find it though. I think Bumi has a Building level feat as well.

I bet the PE of keeping that mine-shaft from from collapsing could yield some pretty good results.

People think Toph kept the library from sinking, she didn't.

She kept the library from being pulled into the spirit realm. So however much force was needed to pull the library, Toph had to counteract it to halt it's motion

She is scaled from Bumi, who got his tier from doing stuff in omashu. But somebody should calc the feat.

Doing a potential energy calc for the library thing.

PE = Mass * Gravity (9.8 m/s) * Height

2,500,000,000,000,000 kg * 9.8 m/s * 1.13 m (Toph's height ) = 2.7685e+16 joules or 6.61 Megatons of TNT, just 310 Kilotons above baseline City level.

An energylusted and Avatar-State amped Korra was only 20 megatons. A slightly powered-up Avatar Kyoshi was only Large Town level.

Are you suggesting Toph is 1/3 of a powered-up Korra?

Kepekley23 said:
An energylusted and Avatar-State amped Korra was only 20 megatons. A slightly powered-up Avatar Kyoshi was only Large Town level.
Are you suggesting Toph is 1/3 of a powered-up Korra?
she is literally the greatest earth bender (non-avatar) in existence.

Wasn't the Kyoshi feat pretty casual? I don't think we should treat it as an upper max unless it required strenuous effort.

I'd say it's an outlier, since later (when Toph is canonically stronger), she has trouble holding up a mine shaft and needs Aang to rescue her by scooping out the earth and iron above her.

@Reppuzan

There's a couple things about that:

1. Metalbending is harder to do than Earthbending

2. As Katara explained to Aang, if something were to go wrong, the entire iron mine could collapse. So basically, Toph had to stand there unmoving until Aang got help

So I don't believe the iron mine proves the library feat is an outlier

@Firestorm

Comics are direct continuation from the finale of the series.

@DB Fan

She still shouldn't have that much trouble moving that much earth and metal if she held up a literal city sized building when she herself said she didn't have a lot of practice sand bending.

@DB Fan

Did you not read the part where Toph put an equal amount of effort into holding up a massively larger object than a pile of earth and iron even though she herself said she had literally 0 experience with sandbending?

If she was really City level, she would not have needed help to hold up the shaft and would have simply pushed the earth up and out to escape.

How would lifting everything up and out collapse the mine?

Explain how that would work when she can supposedly lift an object several magnitudes more heavy than that shaft.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back