• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Is time considered an additional coordinate?

Dark_heroes

He/Him
And so. Flipping through the VSB system and profiles, I didn't notice anything, one drawback, but after finding it, I began to wonder more and more why many characters capable of destroying the infinite universe are not 5 dimensional.
If you delve into the details of the descriptions of the multiverse, you can come to the conclusion that all the characters of the 2nd level are 5
dimensional.
And here's why.
The most basic universe has 3 spatial coordinates (Dimensions = and 1 time coordinate (also dimensions), that is, 3 + 1 = 4 dimensions.
Due to the fact that there are an infinite number of universes in an infinite multi-universe, this gives the structure 5 dimensions. In particular, this means that a low 1-C, actual does not make sense, as does a low 2-C.
I would like to know your opinion on this.

I cant quite understand your problem but destroying a universe doesnt mean you "destroyed time". A timeline is just a line composed of every single point of the universe, if a character destroys 1 point there are still an infinite number of points before that moment. You can destroy the present but not necessarily you destroyed the past.
A multiverse is a construct of multiple 4 dimensional universes but not necessarily the multiverse is the 5 dimension.
A lot of this part depends on case by case what each verse considers to be "a dimension" because what we know, what the scientists have its all just theories some authors care for that others dont, thats why the definition of higher dimension on this page is so broad and doesnt actually explain what are the other dimensions aside the first 4.
You have to be careful or you can end up saying mistaken for example 4th dimension is usually time its not because you can time travel that makes you a 4D being.

I cant quite understand your problem but destroying a universe doesnt mean you "destroyed time". A timeline is just a line composed of every single point of the universe, if a character destroys 1 point there are still an infinite number of points before that moment. You can destroy the present but not necessarily you destroyed the past.
A multiverse is a construct of multiple 4 dimensional universes but not necessarily the multiverse is the 5 dimension.
A lot of this part depends on case by case what each verse considers to be "a dimension" because what we know, what the scientists have its all just theories some authors care for that others dont, thats why the definition of higher dimension on this page is so broad and doesnt actually explain what are the other dimensions aside the first 4.
You have to be careful or you can end up saying mistaken for example 4th dimension is usually time its not because you can time travel that makes you a 4D being.
time is scientifically accepted to be the 4th dimension,though

The destruction of the universe must include the destruction of the timeline of the universe, and the whole and at once.
I'll explain why now.
Since time and space are one, the destruction of space "now" destroys an infinite number of points of time in the future because there is no space = there are no points in which they can exist and move, and since "now" there is no space, then there is no time in the past. Because the space in which this time could have been was erased, because time is only the fluctuations of space.
Depending on the universe, arbitrary constants and so on can change. That is why I believe that the destruction of the universe is 4d impact. However, there can be an arbitrary number of dimensions in different universes, which, depending on the context, can be either just other worlds or separate spaces of higher coordinates. In any case, I hope I got my point across correctly.

The destruction of the universe must include the destruction of the timeline of the universe, and the whole and at once.
I'll explain why now.
Since time and space are one, the destruction of space "now" destroys an infinite number of points of time in the future because there is no space = there are no points in which they can exist and move, and since "now" there is no space, then there is no time in the past. Because the space in which this time could have been was erased, because time is only the fluctuations of space.
Depending on the universe, arbitrary constants and so on can change. That is why I believe that the destruction of the universe is 4d impact. However, there can be an arbitrary number of dimensions in different universes, which, depending on the context, can be either just other worlds or separate spaces of higher coordinates. In any case, I hope I got my point across correctly.
Thats not how it works, you need to directly destroy the timeline otherwise everyone is 4D, "look i cut a paper so i destroyed every single point in time which that paper wasnt cut" or depending on the verse rules you created a bunch of new timelines by cutting a paper and so on. Just because the universe was destroyed doesnt mean the time stopped/ was destroyed, time still rolls even if there is no one or anything alive to be affected by it.

So my goal is initially to raise everyone who can destroy the universe to a 4-dimensional level, for this I created this thread.
And now back to your words. Time cannot exist without space. For time and space are one, because in science they almost always use space-time.
And yes, the destruction of the leaf just implies the moment, the destruction of the entire space of time, but what you have described already goes beyond the limits of ordinary space and time and is available only to higher beings, for example, a character can say this, which can roll back the explosion of the universe to the moment of the explosion of this universe. For example , the hero X .
And this character will have not just the usual manipulation of time, but a higher manipulation of time or space, for example, he has a 4-dimensional Origin of space, or he is from a dimension with two time dimensions. This will emphasize the coolness of this character, its features, etc., against the background of ordinary destroyers of universes.

So my goal is initially to raise everyone who can destroy the universe to a 4-dimensional level, for this I created this thread.
And now back to your words. Time cannot exist without space. For time and space are one, because in science they almost always use space-time.
No, first it depends on which theory is being used some say that time is independent others say it is. Time is not one with space each dimension is essencially independent from each other in fiction, there are characters that are considered 2D and others even less than that, the reason that space and time are usually considered dependent is because science cant explain an object moving in place where time doesnt exist because essencially you would have infinite speed which is in theory impossible but for fictional characters there are no such limits.
And yes, the destruction of the leaf just implies the moment, the destruction of the entire space of time, but what you have described already goes beyond the limits of ordinary space and time and is available only to higher beings, for example, a character can say this, which can roll back the explosion of the universe to the moment of the explosion of this universe. For example , the hero X .
You are misunderstanding, Thats the domina and butterfly effect if you step on a buterfly you will create an effect that will change everything creating a reacting a reaction that will destroy a timeline where you didnt step on it and creating another where you stepped.
The universe is a 4D dimensional construct but that doesnt mean each universe is the 4D, The universes are part of those dimensions so destroying a single universe is no different from destroying a piece of wood in a forest.
And this character will have not just the usual manipulation of time, but a higher manipulation of time or space, for example, he has a 4-dimensional Origin of space, or he is from a dimension with two time dimensions. This will emphasize the coolness of this character, its features, etc., against the background of ordinary destroyers of universes.
Look i will try to show you example
............................................................................................................................................

Thats a timeline each of those point is a moment in time and we are stuck in them walking 1 second at a time, even a time traveller might be still stuck inside those points he can just run through them at a different speed or teleport from 1 point to another, a 4D being is outside of that line he can literally step on every moment in time walking at whatever speed he wants. Thats a possible description of a what a verse would use for a 4D being.
Even if you shortened the line by destroying the universe you are might still be stuck inside those points.

The universe is 4 dimensional by default due to the fact that space-time are one. This is, as it were, the basis of my arguments that by default it should be considered such. If the universe has, for example, 6 dimensions, then it will be 6 dimensional + 1 time coordinate, if less then 2 dimensional + 1 time coordinate. and so on. For the difference between high 3-A and low 2-C, now the actual one is that one destroys the universe, and the second one destroys space and time, and there is no actual difference between these levels, because both have 4 dimensional effects.

No, it's just the opposite. It is not the universes that are part of these dimensions, but these dimensions that are part of the universe.
Well, yes, the butterfly effect is only one of the theories, it does not answer all the questions, however, in this context, it will mean that it is much easier to get the level of the universe in this particular universe, because in fact the character erased his timeline, it is no longer there and these events, pleased a new one, it will give him the level of the universe, but it will not be combat, unless the character, of course, knows how to use this skill, purposefully.
A 4-dimensional being is stupidly larger than the entire universe, so any universe with 3 spatial coordinates will be infinitely small for him, he will not come at any time in the universe, not because he cannot, but because this universe is literally so small for him that it almost does not exist.
If we destroy the universe, there will be no time, once again there is nowhere for us to move. A traveler in time that moves into the past destroyed by the universe will not have a 4-dimensional teleport, but a 5-dimensional one, because it affects an even higher dimension than the usual space-time continuum.
Because he has nowhere to move.

The universe is 4 dimensional by default due to the fact that space-time are one. This is, as it were, the basis of my arguments that by default it should be considered such. If the universe has, for example, 6 dimensions, then it will be 6 dimensional + 1 time coordinate, if less then 2 dimensional + 1 time coordinate. and so on. For the difference between high 3-A and low 2-C, now the actual one is that one destroys the universe, and the second one destroys space and time, and there is no actual difference between these levels, because both have 4 dimensional effects.

No, it's just the opposite. It is not the universes that are part of these dimensions, but these dimensions that are part of the universe.
Well, yes, the butterfly effect is only one of the theories, it does not answer all the questions, however, in this context, it will mean that it is much easier to get the level of the universe in this particular universe, because in fact the character erased his timeline, it is no longer there and these events, pleased a new one, it will give him the level of the universe, but it will not be combat, unless the character, of course, knows how to use this skill, purposefully.
A 4-dimensional being is stupidly larger than the entire universe, so any universe with 3 spatial coordinates will be infinitely small for him, he will not come at any time in the universe, not because he cannot, but because this universe is literally so small for him that it almost does not exist.
If we destroy the universe, there will be no time, once again there is nowhere for us to move. A traveler in time that moves into the past destroyed by the universe will not have a 4-dimensional teleport, but a 5-dimensional one, because it affects an even higher dimension than the usual space-time continuum.
Because he has nowhere to move.
Again that only works because a dimension without time should be impossible but not for fiction there are many verses with dimensions where time doesnt exist so they can be "just 3D" without any time coordenate.
No this wiki will never accept giving universal tier to basically any character because every action they make destroy or create anither universe even if its not combat applicable after all there are tons of characters with nin combat applicable skills of tiers.
Is not about size its about what he sees being a 4D being like how we see 3D with our eyes but other creatures with only 1 eye might not be able to see the same 3D of an object.
No, the guy is still moving from one point to another he isnt moving above/outside time he is still limited to move inside the timeline, because even if a timeline reaches an end as long as the past points still exist it is still a line and its still there

Yes something similar to that, although not time itself per say, but all snapshot of space in that direction of time.
so for you to be low 2-C, you need to be able to destroy uncountable infinite of 3-D universal sized space.
also you destruction of infinite universes being 5D is wrong, you need to destroy uncountable infinite universes to be 5-D

I did not say that measurement is impossible without time. In those cases, the destruction of those dimensions will be, for example, at the level of metagalaxy.
Well, okay... If he doesn't expose it, he won't expose it..

That is, it can destroy an infinite amount of space, but not affect time, if there is another concept, then another level.

There are animals in our world that see in 16 dimensions. The point is not what he sees, but that he views the universe from the point of view of a book/thought, etc. For she is so insignificant to him.

No, you don't understand at all what you are writing. If the time line is destroyed in the universe, then there is no time, and if there is no time, then there is nowhere for him to teleport in time, because there are no other scales, points and lines. Because there is no time, and if he moves in time, then he uses higher dimensions. For example, super time, which surpasses ordinary time, an analogy with space
If ordinary time is a universe with 3 spatial coordinates, then super time is already with 4 spatial coordinates and higher.

I did not say that measurement is impossible without time. In those cases, the destruction of those dimensions will be, for example, at the level of metagalaxy.
Well, okay... If he doesn't expose it, he won't expose it..
Thats what most theories believe and thats what your theory wants to assume by saying destroying a universe also destroyes time.
That is, it can destroy an infinite amount of space, but not affect time, if there is another concept, then another level.

There are animals in our world that see in 16 dimensions. The point is not what he sees, but that he views the universe from the point of view of a book/thought, etc. For she is so insignificant to him.
No, they can see the same 3D just from different points having 16 eyes doesnt mean seeing 16 dimensions.
No, you don't understand at all what you are writing. If the time line is destroyed in the universe, then there is no time, and if there is no time, then there is nowhere for him to teleport in time, because there are no other scales, points and lines. Because there is no time, and if he moves in time, then he uses higher dimensions. For example, super time, which surpasses ordinary time, an analogy with space
If ordinary time is a universe with 3 spatial coordinates, then super time is already with 4 spatial coordinates and higher.
If the timeline is destroyed, then thats another case. Destroying a universe is not the same as destroying a timeline.
If a universe is destroyed right now there are still infinite points back in time that are still there unless you actually destroy the timeline

Most theories believe in the unity of space-time.... That's why I want to suggest it because it is literally the basis of modern science that the universe is 4 dimensional.
I didn't say about 16 eyes.
I was literally talking about 16 dimensions.
The times of the lines and the universe are literally synonymous .....
If the universe is destroyed right now, there will be no past, present and future, because there will be no space, and once there is no space there will be no fluctuations in it, that is, time. Which brings us to the fact that there will be no dots. And therefore time travel is impossible.

Back