• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Is This Precog or Nah?

RandomGuy2345

He/Him

In this clip here, at around 40 seconds in, it seems like Apollo Crews was able to tell what was going to happen before it happened (though it does look a bit weird).

I'm not the best at descriptions lol.

Anyways, is the Precog or Nah? And if so, is it combat applicable?

Neutral leaning disagree for it being precog, strong disagree on any combat applicability

Like what was discussed in the WWE thread, I'm not really convinced that it's precog, and instead it's just Crews fantasizing himself beating that guy up. He even pretends to be a stone-cold badass in that fantasy and when he actually approaches the guy with the whole "Do we have a problem?" line. We also see some inconsistencies that don't align with the "vision" he has, such as the guy not standing up to face him or Crews actually slamming him on a table.

Like what was discussed in the WWE thread, I'm not really convinced that it's precog, and instead it's just Crews fantasizing himself beating that guy up. He even pretends to be a stone-cold badass in that fantasy and when he actually approaches the guy with the whole "Do we have a problem?" line. We also see some inconsistencies that don't align with the "vision" he has, such as the guy not standing up to face him or Crews actually slamming him on a table.
Fair.

This seems like a good point of view, i agree.

I see it as some sort of precog, he knew what he was going to say when he went up to him before even standing up

We also see some inconsistencies that don't align with the "vision" he has, such as the guy not standing up to face him or Crews actually slamming him on a table.
The one doing the precog doesn't have to move the same thing that he saw, that's why precog is a good ability, for example if he saw himself get a gun pulled out he would approached differently to prevent what's going to happen but the guy wouldn't, he would say and do the same thing but end up differently
and instead it's just Crews fantasizing himself beating that guy up.
No proof of that...

I see it as some sort of precog, he knew what he was going to say when he went up to him before even standing up
I mean it was a very general statement, and normal people can generally predict the mannerisms of people they’ve known long enough

No proof of that...
There’s no proof of precognition either tbf, it’s just how to interpret a scene. In this case staff have ruled it’s not precognition

In this case staff have ruled it’s not precognition
Staffs can be wrong, they are still human.
There’s no proof of precognition either tbf, it’s just how to interpret a scene.
I mean it was a very general statement, and normal people can generally predict the mannerisms of people they’ve known long enough
That is literally the most blunt precog scene, minimum it's insanely skilled analytical prediction feat

No proof of that...
There's plenty of scenes in a lot of media where a character imagine themselves beating some guy up, and use the same cinematography as the one in the video. Hell, I don't even have to use fiction itself, you or anyone else here has at one point imagined themselves getting into a fight with someone you don't like.
The one doing the precog doesn't have to move the same thing that he saw, that's why precog is a good ability, for example if he saw himself get a gun pulled out he would approached differently to prevent what's going to happen but the guy wouldn't, he would say and do the same thing but end up differently
Okay, Crews has Precog, here's the problem though...
Why hasn't he used it in fights before? Crews has lost fights with other wrestlers before. You could argue that it only works when he's in a calm or composed state, much like in that video, but that argument also quickly falls apart when every wrestling match will inevitably have one or two moments where the wrestlers are tired during the match, so they just give eachother the stink eye while they slowly regain their stamina or composure. Unless you seriously wanna argue that the wrestlers who beat him aren't affected by precog, which needs extraordinary evidence.

The only thing accurate to his “precognition” was what Drew said. After that Apollo

- Beat him up a different way even though the situation worked out fine for him in the precog

- Didn’t have his whole badass moment where the waiter marvelled at him for committing assault because that was only in his hype-man of a dream sequence

There's plenty of scenes in a lot of media where a character imagine themselves beating some guy up, and use the same cinematography as the one in the video. Hell, I don't even have to use fiction itself, you or anyone else here has at one point imagined themselves getting into a fight with someone you don't like.
Yee I know, but there's a difference... The guy literally saw/knew what happened, and then did something else in that same future... That's not just imagining, and even if it is, there is no proof of that but proof of precog.
Okay, Crews has Precog, here's the problem though...
Why hasn't he used it in fights before? Crews has lost fights with other wrestlers before. You could argue that it only works when he's in a calm or composed state, much like in that video, but that argument also quickly falls apart when every wrestling match will inevitably have one or two moments where the wrestlers are tired during the match, so they just give eachother the stink eye while they slowly regain their stamina or composure. Unless you seriously wanna argue that the wrestlers who beat him aren't affected by precog, which needs extraordinary evidence.
You can call it inconsistent, sure but saying it's not precog is just dismissing facts

- Didn’t have his whole badass moment where the waiter marvelled at him for committing assault because that was only in his hype-man of a dream sequence
The video cuts off before that could be shown, so we can't be really sure.
Yee I know, but there's a difference... The guy literally can saw what happened, and then did something else in that same future... That's not just imagining, and even if it is, there is no proof of that but proof of precog.
I saw myself assaulting a guy that is clearly weaker than me and is in a more vulnerable position, and then I proceeded to pull off just that, I guess I have precognition. Also, you've yet to address the inconsistency I've pointed out regarding the vision Crews had and what he actually pulled off in reality. If he could see the future, then why didn't the guy stand up? He was shown to be standing up when we were in Crews' perspective, yet he didn't when we were in his.
You can call it inconsistent, sure but saying it's not precog is just dismissing facts
What? It's not incosistent. If he's shown only once beating up some random dude with precog, yet seemingly didn't use it in every single serious fight he's ever had, then him not having precog is very obviously the more consistent thing. You're the one dismissing points here.

Bro what?

Some of you don't understand precog, I'm neutral either way but that is literal evidence of precog and no one has brought actual proof that what happened wasn't precog.

Back