• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Is this enough for Reality-Fiction Transcendence?

How does his experience with Pepsiman's world change him or his perspective on reality?
It doesn't, i guess. The only things he says relating to Pepsiman's world is through fourth wall breaks that tells the player to start the game, also "Pepsi for TV-Game". The rest of it is just him watching Pepsiman on a television and doing silly stuff, he's just as unhealthily obsessed with Pepsi as everybody else in Pepsiman's world is.

It doesn't, i guess. The only things he says relating to Pepsiman's world is through fourth wall breaks that tells the player to start the game, also "Pepsi for TV-Game". The rest of it is just him watching Pepsiman on a television and doing silly stuff, he's just as unhealthily obsessed with Pepsi as everybody else in Pepsiman's world is.
So it’s like a meta-commentary on the nature of obsession, without diving too deep into character development?

As far as the original question goes, it does sound like Reality-Fiction Transcendence. You’ve got two layers: the real world and the fictional Pepsiman world. The vagueness actually adds a layer of intrigue; it's like a subtle thread connecting these two realities.

No

There ins't any proof of an actual existential transcendence of the Pepsi guy over the game's world, it is similar to this:
The distinction lies in how "reality" interacts with the fictional world. If there's no true transcendence and it's more about fourth-wall breaks and comedic interactions, it probably doesn’t meet that existential transcendence criteria. It’s a fun gimmick and a meta-narrative, but doesn’t elevate the character's existence beyond that framework. I see now👍🏾

The fourth wall breaks don't exactly play a part here. It's about the Real World being a higher reality than Pepsiman's world. Which I don't see how it's contradicted since nothing from Pepsiman's world directly affects the Real World and vice versa.

Back