• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Is this Causality Manipulation?

Is Voodoo magic a form of CM? It seeks like it. Like for example: you tear apart a doll of someone, and the same thing happens to the person the doll is imaged after. Or If you pop a balloon that represents the Sun and tbe Sun explodes as a result. So should characters who use voodoo get this power?

No, its damage reflection most of the time, with conseptual manip in the strongest versions (where the vodoo object is conceptualy bound to the one being killed by it)

Imo that's Causality Manipulation as you're making a cause (pooping a balloon) have a different effect (exploding the sun) instead of the usual effect (destroying the balloon).

I don't think it's damage reflection as for damage reflection a certain amount of damage needs to be redirected/reflected to the other person for that person to be affected and tearing apart a doll doesn't have much energy to do any damage to a human or popping up a balloon doesn't have enough energy to destroy the sun. Although Causality Manipulation can also produce the same result of Damage Reflection.

That is not how it works.

That's like saying that punching is casuality manipulation because your making something happen.

That is also how damage reflection works most of the time, exemple being Thunder mcqueen. Hes reflection just makes any damage that is done to him happen to the enemy., even if the enemy has a hundred times more dura than what he got hit with.

And no, casuality manipulation is, for exemple, this:

I wanted to win at a gamble.

I manipulate fate/casuality/the plot (this three are related extremly much) so I win.

Casulity manipulation makes something more/less likely to happen

Ricsi-viragosi said:
That is not how it works.

That's like saying that punching is casuality manipulation because your making something happen.

That is also how damage reflection works most of the time, exemple being Thunder mcqueen. Hes reflection just makes any damage that is done to him happen to the enemy., even if the enemy has a hundred times more dura than what he got hit with.

And no, casuality manipulation is, for exemple, this:

I wanted to win at a gamble.

I manipulate fate/casuality/the plot (this three are related extremly much) so I win.

Casulity manipulation makes something more/less likely to happen
Punching doesn't even fall under Causality Manipulation as you aren't manipulating the Cause and Effect of punch to have different results. Literally every action we take has a reaction but Causality Manipulation is how you completely change the action or reaction from it's normal flow.

What OP described pretty much fits with Causality Manipulation rather than Damage Reflection because the actions he states has different effects aka redirection of one form of cause with another effect which fits with the Description on the Causality Page.

And what you described isn't a good example of Causality Manipulation as it Massively involves Fate and Probability Manipulation too which aren't = Causality Manipulation otherwise every Causality Manipulating Character in the wiki would have Fate and Probability Manipulation too. Causality Manipulation example goes something like you snap your fingers and instead of creating any sound and kinetic energy, a distant star in the Galaxy Automatically blows up. Here you are manipulating Causality to make the Cause (Finger Snap) have a redirected effect (Blowing up a Star).

Generally speaking Causality Manip means literally changing the effect of one cause. If X happens, Y will happen. A Causality Manip user could make Z or even anything else happen in response to X.

Fate and plot manipulation do have casuality manipulation more time than not.

The fact remains, vodoo reflects effects done to one thing to another. You either give sacuality manip to mcqueen for it, or just say that its reflecting the effects done to one thing

Back