• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Is there smth wrong with Imgur?

I'm actually facing this problem too. Just woke up one day to see that all of my shit is missing, and it hit me pretty hard considering a lot of my profiles, both on-site and off-site, were reliant on them. I've tried contacting Imgur to see if my things can be recovered, or at least a reason why my posts were deleted, but I haven't had any luck with that. All of yesterday was spent trying to rebuild a personal project of mine that had 988 Imgur links on it.

I'm actually facing this problem too. Just woke up one day to see that all of my shit is missing, and it hit me pretty hard considering a lot of my profiles, both on-site and off-site, were reliant on them. I've tried contacting Imgur to see if my things can be recovered, or at least a reason why my posts were deleted, but I haven't had any luck with that. All of yesterday was spent trying to rebuild a personal project of mine that had 988 Imgur links on it.
Yeah, over 50% of my stuff is gone too for no resons suddenly... If it was 1 or 2 i wouldn't have cared.

Still entirely in the dark about this. I never received any sort of warning for what I've posted, I guess some of the pictures I've posted have violence on them (Because I work on horror stuff) but the vast majority of my posts were book texts with zero illustrations. I even suspected that it could have been the result of a computer virus I had a few days back somehow, but this post has made me think otherwise.

I guess Imgur is just a bunch of greasy bastards.

Last edited:
My stuff inside Imgur is fine, everything is there maybe you should hit "All" and recheck?
Screenshot_2024-03-19-20-55-58-84_64a18b24e9d6f59928bf411fc4ec05ee.jpg

Imgur has been clearing out a great deal of content- things for people with registered accounts were initially said to be passed over in regards to their deletions, however it appears that they have been shifting this stance somewhat to include certain albums held on registered accounts. I have no knowledge of exactly why they're flagging the ones they're flagging and it is entirely possible (likely, even) that it is due to some algorithm sorting it- sometimes the albums are restored, mostly they are not.

It is the official stance of VSBW that you should upload scans to our site at your own convenience to guarantee that they are not lost or deleted. Sorry.

"It is the official stance of VSBW that you should upload scans to our site at your own convenience to guarantee that they are not lost or deleted. Sorry."

I don't think Reiner lost his scans, it'll just be annoying to reupload them again

What insane things do you have in your account Reiner? =P

Welp this is why you should only use Imgur for more than 1 image posts/posts with links attached to it
That's certainly only reason I use Imgur for. For 1 image stuff.. here u go.

Yeah, Imgur updated policy where private scans can't be seen unless you are the uploader and signed in. Likewise, there is also the issue with Mature content. I think I heard Gyazo might be an option to move to; but otherwise, it's recommended to make VSBW blog posts with a collection of uploaded images.

Yeah, Imgur updated policy where private scans can't be seen unless you are the uploader and signed in. Likewise, there is also the issue with Mature content. I think I heard Gyazo might be an option to move to; but otherwise, it's recommended to make VSBW blog posts with a collection of uploaded images.
What? I can still see them just fine. (Not signed in or the uploader)

Yeah, Imgur updated policy where private scans can't be seen unless you are the uploader and signed in
I'm not sure but the issue is that everything was fine but most stuff got deleted out of blue, although, I still have scans on myself but it gonna be annoying to redo everything.
but otherwise, it's recommended to make VSBW blog posts with a collection of uploaded images
That seems like a good idea. I'd rather just create blogs for each verse separately and save my scans in them.

This is wrong btw, I double check all imgur albums I use by looking at the link through a private window while logged out, and can see them about 50% of the time. I think the deletion standards have more to do with view counts than anything; Albums of mine with even a few views typically remain intact for a long time (hell, a number of albums I made years ago are still around just because a lot of people have looked at them).

I do highly recommend Gyazo for images, but it's not possible to make albums afaik.

Clogs them up a great deal, so probably not if you're wanting to have an easily-accessible archive of calc work or what have you, but otherwise they're basically suitable. Sandboxes would also suitably serve the same function.

Back