• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Is the Ocean a soup?

Since DDM said there were a lot of rhetorical questions asked I'm going to ask many more rhetorical questions lol

Well, wikipedia defines soup as
Soup is a primarily liquid food, generally served warm or hot (but may be cool or cold), that is made by combining ingredients of meat or vegetables with stock, milk, or water.
Ingredient wise it could fit, but one has to consider that a soup has to be made. A naturally occurring mixture of meat or vegetables with water is therefore not a soup.
Additionally, one could argue whether the ocean is even food. A food is a substance that is consumed by an organism for nutritional support. While the ocean has food ingredients, I don't think any organism consumes the ocean in its entirety for nutritional support, but only parts of it. As such, it is as much food as a bowl of lava with a carrot inside would be.

Well, wikipedia defines soup as

Ingredient wise it could fit, but one has to consider that a soup has to be made. A naturally occurring mixture of meat or vegetables with water is therefore not a soup.
Additionally, one could argue whether the ocean is even food. A food is a substance that is consumed by an organism for nutritional support. While the ocean has food ingredients, I don't think any organism consumes the ocean in its entirety for nutritional support, but only parts of it. As such, it is as much food as a bowl of lava with a carrot inside would be.
Hmmm, the created criteria can be fit if you believe in creationism
The other i don't know how to justify, maybe saying that the ocean can be consumed by an organism but such wasn't been done yet?

Back