• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Is The Barrier from Undertale a 2-B construct?

Have to dust off my knowledge on this one, but I think so. No less than seven human SOULs, or six human and all the monster SOULs are necessary to break it. That's essentially Asriel level.

Those mages must be smoking crack when they made a 2-B barrier to entrap some monsters who aren't even Tier 7 lmao. And the fact that random humans can just fall under it, that's just diabolical.

Though for some reason 8-B+ and above can just pass through it so idk.

The Barrier itself has 2-B durability, but 8-B+ characters (Asriel with Chara's soul) and above can simply pass through it.

So would it be possible for a character that can bestow 8-B+ power to a large amount of people make the monsters able to pass the barrier? Say, Naruto giving all the monsters Kurama's Chakra.

Magicomethkuon said:
Have to dust off my knowledge on this one, but I think so. No less than seven human SOULs, or six human and all the monster SOULs are necessary to break it. That's essentially Asriel level.
Sorry for being super late, I finally got accepted to the forums and was just checking out some threads, however I noticed this one and wanted to correct something about the barrier. The barrier needing seven human souls to break it is an over exaggeration, and this said many times. Firstly, when Toriel stops Asgore from fighting you, she mentions how all Asgore needed was one human soul and could've crossed the barrier, which Asgore agrees with, and in another route offers to give you his soul cause he knew that you only needed one human and monster soul. This is consistent with Alphys' statement that to cross the barrier, you need at least ONE human soul, and one monster soul. Meaning that you don't actually need 7 souls, and it's an over exaggeration by Asgore likely via his hatred and rage for the humans. (Also if the quote doesn't work, that's my bad. I don't know how quotes work here yet)

That being said, I think the barrier is likely not 2-B in durability, but probably 9-A considering that's where we have characters like Asgore and Frisk who can't break it on their own.

Sorry for being super late, I finally got accepted to the forums and was just checking out some threads, however I noticed this one and wanted to correct something about the barrier. The barrier needing seven human souls to break it is an over exaggeration, and this said many times. Firstly, when Toriel stops Asgore from fighting you, she mentions how all Asgore needed was one human soul and could've crossed the barrier, which Asgore agrees with, and in another route offers to give you his soul cause he knew that you only needed one human and monster soul. This is consistent with Alphys' statement that to cross the barrier, you need at least ONE human soul, and one monster soul. Meaning that you don't actually need 7 souls, and it's an over exaggeration by Asgore likely via his hatred and rage for the humans. (Also if the quote doesn't work, that's my bad. I don't know how quotes work here yet)

That being said, I think the barrier is likely not 2-B in durability, but probably 9-A considering that's where we have characters like Asgore and Frisk who can't break it on their own.
1 soul lets you pass
7 soul lets you destroy it.

Hi! Welcome to the forums. Yes and no. Like ShionAH said, a SOUL gives the holder passage while seven are needed to destroy it.

Hi! Welcome to the forums. Yes and no. Like ShionAH said, a SOUL gives the holder passage while seven are needed to destroy it.
Thanks! I understand, I haven't touched on this argument in a while, so I was still under the impression that Asgore was just over exaggerating, but if this is the case than 2-B durability should be fine since we have Azzy scaling to that afaik, and his 7 souls should scale to his hyperdeath form in that aspect.

Back