• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Is faster than eye always subsonic?

The official speed article gives subsonic (mach 0.1-0.5) the note "faster than the eye".

But is this always the case? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I am under the impression that subsonic speed is moving like a blur, as is the case with vampires in Twilight and The Vampire Diaries/The Originals. I have also noticed that many characters are considered to have subsonic reflexes for catching or dodging arrows, which are blurry but still visible in the air even when launched from the strongest bows.

So are you still subsonic if you move so fast that you are completely invisible to the human eye, and move as if you're teleporting? For example, in this scene from Once Upon a Time (skip to 0:53), Rumplestiltski moves past numerous humans so fast that he appears to teleport, his movements only being heard as a gust of wind before he casually sits down at the other end of the room. Now this might actually be teleportation, and I am not going to debate for or against any speed upgrades for his profile because of it, but IF we assume - for the purpose of this thread - that what you just witnessed was a feat of speed, how fast would you say it is?

No, Faster than eye is not always Subsonic.

I even saw Hypersonic+ results from "Faster than eye" feats

So, it depends

I would guess that it depends on how far you go before people can perceive you, but I'm not sure about that at all.

The minimum for faster than the eye for humans is Subsonic, but pretty much any speed beyond what a character can percieve would be described as faster than the eye (ie. Luffy is MHS for moving faster than Doflamingo can see)

Back