• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Emirp sumitpo

VS Battles
Thread Moderator
This was actually done when both were High 6-A (Silver Centurion vs Awakened Garou) and Iron Man won. But now Silver Centurion has been downgraded to a measly "8-B" and Awakened Garou has been yeeted into oblivion. So let's do a round 2, shall we? See if Garou gets to have the W this time.

Scenario: Still determined to continue his hero hunt, Garou wanders through the streets of New York until he comes across Tony Stark. Realizing how much of an impact he'd make if he defeated Iron Man, Garou launches to attack him, but Stark obviously had suspected the hero hunter to come for him. Iron Man then calls in his suit just in time and their battle begins.

• Battle takes place at New York
  • Extremis Armor is used
  • Initial Half-Monster Garou is used
  • Both have somewhat prior knowledge on one another, and have basic knowledge on what the other can do.
  • Speed Equalized
  • Both start 5 meters apart
  • Garou scales roughly around 18 Megatons while Iron Man scales massively above baseline. So below a 3x AP gap between the two

Iron Man: 5 (Armorchompy, The_Impress, Rez, Epiccheev, Dante_Demon_Killah)

Half-Monster Garou: 0

My son slaps both (Inconclusive): 3 (Ourosboros, LordTracer, Kachon123)

Last edited:
This was actually done when both were High 6-A (Silver Centurion vs Awakened Garou) and Iron Man won. But now Silver Centurion has been downgraded to a measly "8-B" and Awakened Garou has been yeeted into oblivion. So let's do a round 2, shall we? See if Garou gets to have the W this time.

Scenario: Still determined to continue his hero hunt, Garou wanders through the streets of New York until he comes across Tony Stark. Realizing how much of an impact he'd make if he defeated Iron Man, Garou launches to attack him, but Stark obviously had suspected the hero hunter to come for him. Iron Man then calls in his suit just in time and their battle begins.

• Battle takes place at New York
  • Extremis Armor is used
  • Initial Half-Monster Garou is used
  • Both have somewhat prior knowledge on one another, and have basic knowledge on what the other can do.
  • Speed Equalized
  • Both start 10 meters apart
  • Garou scales roughly around 18 Megatons while Iron Man scales massively above baseline. So below a 3x AP gap between the two

Iron Man:

Half-Monster Garou:

My son slaps both (Inconclusive):
Your son? Are you a dad Emirp?

You fool, Optimus has the ultimate dad energy, he can never be a son

Well, Garou has quite a few advantages here. Aside from the AP gap, his Type 2 immortality and regeneration are gonna prevent Tony from being able to brute-force his way to a win. But since he has prior knowledge and some durability negation with his repulsors, I think he’d start with those. Plus he can go invisible, and Garou doesn’t seem to have much of an answer for that.

I give the win to Tony.

Garou wins via higher ap, Analytical prediction, (can tell what an opponent is going to do based off of their line of sight, posture, and center of gravity.) and instinctive reaction. Iron Man's dura neg would not do anything to Garou due to his incredible Endurance and Pain Tolerance. Garou himself has dura neg with WICF. All Garou needs to do is hit Iron man with one or two WICF attacks to put him down. Iron Man has Limited Dura neg, that only breaks bones and internal organ damage. Garou has low-mid regen, which heals from exactly that. I honestly can't find any wincons for Iron Man, other than Invisibility, which could be possibly countered by Garou's heighten senses (Garou could hear him flying/running towards him).

Garou wins via higher ap, Analytical prediction, (can tell what an opponent is going to do based off of their line of sight, posture, and center of gravity.) and instinctive reaction. Iron Man's dura neg would not do anything to Garou due to his incredible Endurance and Pain Tolerance. Garou himself has dura neg with WICF. All Garou needs to do is hit Iron man with one or two WICF attacks to put him down. Iron Man has Limited Dura neg, that only breaks bones and internal organ damage. Garou has low-mid regen, which heals from exactly that. I honestly can't find any wincons for Iron Man, other than Invisibility, which could be possibly countered by Garou's heighten senses (Garou could hear him flying/running towards him).
Garou would also be able to react to invisibility by kicking up dust clouds or making Iron man visible through some other method, although invisibility would help him for a bit. Iron Man's biggest advantage here is flight in my opinion. Since Iron Man is smart, he'll just try to outrange, which Garou will struggle to deal with. I however believe that Garou would survive Iron Man's offense and adapt to the point where repulsors become ineffective, so I vote incon since Garou can't kill Iron Man without developing a long-range style or somehow tricking Iron man to come in close (not going to happen).

Incon

I honestly can't find any wincons for Iron Man, other than Invisibility, which could be possibly countered by Garou's heighten senses (Garou could hear him flying/running towards him).
Iron Man would be able to fool Garou with his Illusion, something Garou has nothing against

Iron Man also has his own spider sense, meaning he would be able to sense Garou's movements.

His Nano sprites could shut down Garou's lungs.

And IIRC Iron Man does have a feat of copying and replicating techniques, something he did against captain America. Meaning he could do such a thing against Garou. And worst case scenario. There's always the 5-A Max Pentabeam, something Garou would die against. Tho this is a last resort technique iirc.

And he has flight and a range advantage

Iron Man would be able to fool Garou with his Illusion, something Garou has nothing against

Iron Man also has his own spider sense, meaning he would be able to sense Garou's movements.

His Nano sprites could shut down Garou's lungs.

And IIRC Iron Man does have a feat of copying and replicating techniques, something he did against captain America. Meaning he could do such a thing against Garou. And worst case scenario. There's always the 5-A Max Pentabeam, something Garou would die against. Tho this is a last resort technique iirc.

And he has flight and a range advantage
You didn't restrict the 5-A Max Pentabeam? I would recommend restricting that, otherwise this isn't competitive

You didn't restrict the 5-A Max Pentabeam? I would recommend restricting that, otherwise this isn't competitive
From what I remember at least, it's a last resort thing and something Iron Man doesn't use very often, so chances of him using it against a 7-B character are low.

Low-key forgot how good Garou’s regen was

I’m switching to Incon for Ourosboros’ reasons.

Garou would also be able to react to invisibility by kicking up dust clouds or making Iron man visible through some other method, although invisibility would help him for a bit. Iron Man's biggest advantage here is flight in my opinion. Since Iron Man is smart, he'll just try to outrange, which Garou will struggle to deal with. I however believe that Garou would survive Iron Man's offense and adapt to the point where repulsors become ineffective, so I vote incon since Garou can't kill Iron Man without developing a long-range style or somehow tricking Iron man to come in close (not going to happen).

Incon
Garou could tank them, or simply dodge them while swiftly closing the distance while delivering a WSRSF, WICF, or even both combo attack finishing the match.

Iron Man could also just analyze and copy Garou's fighting style. Plus he has his spider sense, meaning he too could sense when Garou is about to strike. And the spider sense is similar to that of Spider Man's spider sense, which is much faster than Tony's regular reactions. Iron Man would be able to know what Garou is gonna do to him before Garou even does it or knows what Garou will do next

Last edited:
It was on the old one, and I THINK should be on Stark's profile in general :V

Anyways I'll have to verify it with New, but basically, I don't think Extremis and higher are usable at tier 7, at least in any lethal threats to Stark because he REALLY doesn't care that hard if you survive or not, especially because I think Garou acts straight up irredeemable.

can iron man analyze his fight pattern like he did to captain america and discombobulate?

Tbf, Garou can also read and copy other people's moves, plus Garou can grow to a point that Iron Man can't fight him. So eh.

I'd say Iron Man could close the skill gap between the two, but not enough so that Iron Man would slap with it, especially considering what Garou can do here

Last edited:
Internal organ damage means a blast to the head can cause damage Garou won't recover from. Iron Man wins this imo

I'd say Iron man still wins, he has a lot of versatility (illusions, many methods of attack that would be difficult to predict with analytical prediction based on human bodies), can dura neg at a distance, intelligence that allows him to notice that garou is rapidly evolving and will become unmanageable if he doesn't kill him soon (and sonics/nanosprites are insta-kill buttons, unless they have crap range and he needs to get closer). plus Garou's lack of range and flight are massive weaknesses that can be abused.

Not to say Garou is out of wincons or get stomped badly, for example, if he can damage one of Tony's propulsors before Tony gets away it would greatly help his chances in the fight. While the move copying Iron man has would help level the skill difference, Garou has already experienced foes who can instantly copy and master WSRF, not to mention iirc Martial arts in marvel are far more realistic, so idk if Iron man has feats of copying something like WSRF (basically wanker real life tai chi) or WICF (can somehow slice and dice an opponent comparable to himself instantly by using rapid wrist rotations, wtf).

To put the icing on the cake garou can also insta-kill iron man with Water Stream Roaring Aura Sky Ripping Fist, wich is described as sending shockwaves inside an opponents body that will keep resounding until they are reduced to dust, but it still would require melee range and is not something he would open with on any occasion.

Last edited:
Any examples?
Tier 5 martial arts amps by chi

Speed amping by just copying something at 2x speeds

Being skilled enough to somehow EXCEED EXPLICIT BIOLOGICAL LIMITS in a fraction of a second.

Being able to accurately gauge all of your opponents' moves in a fraction of a second

There are specific examples of realistic treatment of Martial Arts in Marvel, but there is also not, you can't really make general statements over the verse :v

i'd say chi is closer to a supernatural power than a martial art, since it has more to do with the spiritual side of things.
The rest is closer to general skill feats, i admit i worded it poorly, but i meant mostly that the martial arts Garou uses are generally portrayed in a more funky and physics ignoring way than what i recall seeing in marvel.

Like opm has water stream rock smashing fist that somehow lets you deflect energy blasts and electricity, WICF who somehow lets you fire bladed shockwaves from your wrists by rotating them really fast (and it somehow generates enough power to slice someone who is comparable to said character physically), y'know, that sort of dumb stuff.

Iirc don't those work off manipulating air currents with your hands? There is logic behind it, and that's definitely something that can be understood and possibly replicated.

Alright, the manga better give Garou at least limited flight so he can do better than incon characters with flight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back