• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Iron kingdoms: Deathless upgrades

So with Iron Kingdoms requiem being the verse back to its D&D roots with the 5e ruleset many things got new abilities the deathless was one of the monster that has gained a lot from this.

the new abilities that should be added are

Magic, Reality Warping, Law Manipulation, and limited Causality Manipulation as this is what being able to cast magic in the iron kingdoms grants As accepted here
With magic resistance they can resist Magic, Reality Warping, Law Manipulation, and limited Causality Manipulation as they can inherently resists the magic of the iron kingdoms.

unholy, water and life manipulation from blight As this spell has the deathless send out a wave of unholy energy that drains vitally, and moisture from its target. and layer actions.

Extrasensory Perception: Has true sight which allows the user to see even if they are blinded of normal, or magical means, as well can see through normal, and magical darkness, illusions, can see the true form of shape shifter

Paralysis Inducement: With hold person with is able to inflict humanoid targets with Paralysis

Darkness Manipulation: Can make areas of darkness with the darkness spells

Probability manipulation: Can change probability so they can resist effects that they would have otherwise failed to with legendary resistances.

The draft for this updated page can be seen here.

Last edited:
Magic, Reality Warping, Law Manipulation, and limited Causality Manipulation as this is what being able to cast magic in the iron kingdoms grants As accepted here
With magic resistance they can resist Magic, Reality Warping, Law Manipulation, and limited Causality Manipulation as they can inherently resists the magic of the iron kingdoms.
Are all of these abilities accepted?
unholy, water and life manipulation from blight As this spell has the deathless send out a wave of unholy energy that drains vitally, and moisture from its target. and layer actions.
That would be unholy and absorption
Extrasensory Perception: Has true sight which allows the user to see even if they are blinded of normal, or magical means, as well can see through normal, and magical darkness, illusions, can see the true form of shape shifter
Sounds like enhanced sens
Paralysis Inducement: With hold person with is able to inflict humanoid targets with Paralysis

Darkness Manipulation: Can make areas of darkness with the darkness spells
Sure
Probability manipulation: Can change probability so they can resist effects that they would have otherwise failed to with legendary resistances.
Scan?

1: One they have been accepted. here are the scans going over them.

2: It is way more then enhanced senses. I do believe seeing though magic darkness that that dark vision can't see though (Already enhanced sense) Being able to see though illusions as if they are not their, and being able to see the true form of shape shifters no mater what form they take. it seems a lot more

3: The scene is already posted earlier when I posted the stat block but I will post it again. "If the deathless fails a saving throw, it can choose to succeed instead." so it can change probability to make it's failure into a succuss.

It is way more then enhanced senses. I do believe seeing though magic darkness that that dark vision can't see though (Already enhanced sense) Being able to see though illusions as if they are not their, and being able to see the true form of shape shifters no mater what form they take. it seems a lot more
Pretty much all enhanced senses

Probability seems fine then

the only thing on that list that would qualify for enhanced senses is seeing invisible things as Neutral Vision. and maybe seeing though magic darkness that night vision can't see through.

But what would the others be? since seeing through illusions is not a vision type on the list, neither is seeing through shape shifting.

I am dumb. I forgot about extras senses part of that page on that page. My apologies. so enhanced senses. should they also gain resistance to illusion creation since illusions do not work on them do to true sight?

Unless it's a mental illusion, they won't gain resistance to it. Enhanced senses usually cover it

alright. Also should turn resistance be counted as resistance Holy manipulation? as it is resisting the effects of a holy prayer that makes undead flee from an area?

Holy and unholy are a bit weird to get resistance to. But what does the prayer do exactly? You could get resistance to that

Okay so the prayer known as turn undead is what is known as a channel divinity Which has you directly channel your god's divine power to trigger the effect. turn undead makes every undead that fails to resist the effect do nothing but run away for the next minute, and with 5th level or higher clerics, turn undead also gains the ability to flat out instantly destroy weaker undead in they fail to resist the prayers effects.

okay. so I think I might save the holy stuff for a later CRT. since their is a larger verse wide resistance thread in the works. So everything else is fine?

Back