• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Infinite, Immeasurable Speeds and Time Stops

Exactly what it says on the tin. This appeared in a certain thread and people were disagreeing, so.

We have this on the speed page:

Infinite Speed (Able to move indefinitely while time literally stands still, or to travel anywhere instantly. Teleportation does not count. For further information, see note 4 below.)

Immeasurable (Movement beyond linear time. This is why the speed cannot be measured. Given that S = D/T, if T is undefined the speed formula cannot be applied. This is the same reason why multiple temporal dimensions also grant immeasurable speed. For further information, see note 5 below.)

So can a character that is Infinite or Immeasurable in speed be Time Stopped or is that moot at this point?

I'm thinking moot too.

But rather than bring the discussion to the thread itself and derail it to oblivion, better to make a Q&A instead and see what the others think.

I'd say that it would be moot. Unless said character has a feat of time stopping a infinite/immeasurable of course

I guess without the proper feats, it's moot. Alphamon has a feat of slowing down time for Dexmon so in his case it works. I guess it's a niche hax thing for that stuff. But for the most part, it's useless.

Yeah, moot unless the character has feats against it sounds safe in these situations (like how Pontos can Fate manip Acausals or Ren Fuji has 1-A Time Stop).

This also makes those characters the Ultimate Trolls. ovo

Immeasurable: "You got Time hax? Ha! I'm Immeasur---"

Time User:
Gintama meme 9
You were saying?

Dragonmasterxyz said:
I guess without the proper feats, it's moot. Alphamon has a feat of slowing down time for Dexmon so in his case it works. I guess it's a niche hax thing for that stuff. But for the most part, it's useless.
Remember when Clockmon Time Stop Quartzmon ? :v

Actually now that I think about it, it would affect infinite speed people, but not immeasurable.

That's because S=V*T. If you reduce T to 0 with infinite V, is undetermined. So the infinite guy who was time stopped would move a finite distance as opposed to a infinite one. It just wouldn't be halted completely

Actually I see it in this manner:

"We need x ammount of time/passage of time to execute y action."

With infinite speed we will always need 0 ammount of time to execute whatever action, no matter how many actions we take.

Like, if Time Stop would work if a character is already Infinite or Immeasurable, regardless of Equalization.

wait.

If I make, lets say, Zeno vs Dialga, I equalize speed. Therefore Zeno becomes infinite!!! And he wins resistance to timestop!!! ovo

@Fate

Well yeah. But if time is stopped, you are infinitely slower, so your speed is finite, while the other guy remain infinite. You can still move, but if the time stopper is still infinitely faster than you, it blitzes

Doubt it. Time only measures changes in space "overtime". Someone who can literally move indefinitely while 0 changes happen in time/while time stands still should see absolutely no difference if Time is stopped as it's basically the same thing as when they're normally running around.

They are always within the same moment.

Halting whatever moment that should come after that/prevent the next instant from happening, no matter how infinitesimal, should be inconsequential.

@PaChi2

Dialga's temporal abilities affected Giratina is his own domain, a place where time practically doesn't exist.

I think it may still have an effect :^)

@Neo don't you (the player) go in there? That sounds like time Or perhaps its time to upgrade everyone to Infinite speed

Where is it said that in Giratina's world there is no time? From what I knew there is a space-time, but it is distorted compared to the conventional.

NeoZex6399 said:
@PaChi2

Dialga's temporal abilities affected Giratina is his own domain, a place where time basically doesn't exist.

I think it may still have an effect :^)
Brutha, if dialga exists or can exist there, there is time. Dialga is time.

Also, what Executor said.

Well, it's practically said that time doesn't flow in the distortion world, besides that it would be strange if conventional time and space were part of Giratina's domains.

But I guess you're right.

@Fate

S=VxT

Say that you have two characters who are infinite in speed racing for 5 seconds. One of then is stopped in time

S1=Infinitex0=Finite, but undetermined

S2=Infinitex5=Infinite

So one of them moved an infinitely longer distance in the same timeframe

...?

If you have two infinite characters racing there won't even be any 5 seconds stopped.

The entire race will begin and end before any change whatsoever is observed.

Like, for all intents and purposes of the race time was stopped for both throughout the entire thing.

Well yeah. But one has an infinitely longer timeframe to run. So logically, it can run further

I don't think there's any timeframe as much as the timeframe is 0 for both. As far as time's concerned, both end the race as soon as they start.

What I mean is, if one is stopped in time, its timeframe is 0 no matter what, correct? While for the other, time is flowing normally.

So in the first case, your infinite speed is working during an infinitesimal timeframe.

In the second case, it isn't.

To give another example, if you had an infinitesimal portion of the power of a 2-A, would this make you 2-A? Or you would need a finite portion?

Kaltias said:
What I mean is, if one is stopped in time, its timeframe is 0 no matter what, correct? While for the other, time is flowing normally.
I kinda understand that that if they are infinite time is already still for them whenever they're moving. If someone stopped time at this point it wouldn't matter because they don't need time to be moving to take any action either way.

Whether time is moving or stopped is irrelevant.

If they're both infinite, they're both moving in an infinitesimal timeframe, no change whatsoever is observed because time won't pass at all either way.

Also doubt the 2-A power analogy works with speed in this case.

But either way, I digress. Whatever others decide, I'm going along with it as I made the thread more to ask than to claim anything.

Those who have immesurable movement should be naturally resist to time stop, at their level that is.

2 temporal dimensions >(∞) 1 temporal dimension, so someone from a higher temporal axis should be technically immune to all forms of time stop on their level.

However 1-A is a completly different case, since they are already transcendent over the entirety of change itself they use concept manipulation to "stop" something that already isnt there. But what isnt there?, Everything is there, in a non-relative way.

Also the same goes for infinite speed.

Back