• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Infinite is rated as Large Planet for being stronger than Omega, Sonic, and Shadow. But that doesn't seem... accurate?

His sun was going to "Reduce the world to ashes". I'm not sure if there's a calc for that, but if there is, it's not on his page, and I think that would still just be "5-A with his Sun". After that, it's just stomping Sonic, Silver, and Omega, but again, that's a bunch of Planet Level peeps. 600 zettatons is impressive, but I don't think kicking their butts is enough to justify a whole tier jump.

I propose it's changed to either:

At least 5-B

At least 5-B, likely 5-A

or, if there IS a 5-A calc for the sun:

At least 5-B, 5-A with his sun.

Pretty sure that you cant jump tiers for a reason like that, at best that would get an "at least" and a "far higher". Characters with better chain scaling filled with one shots still don't get a higher tier for the same reason.

It's case by case. For example you can't become 2-C by stomping a Low 2-C because the difference between them is unquantifiable but you can quantify the difference between 5-B+ and 5-A.

Again, which isn't allowed. If Cole was at that level when he was 7-A via chain scaling then he shouldn't have been upgraded. Also Shadow you can't compare those to make it seem like upgrades via chain scaling is legit. There's been a thread about this regarding tier jumps via chain scaling, to which I'll link after I find it but it went over this method not being legit when people wanted to upgrade characters with enormous chain scaling and one shots wasn't allowed. Said characters were High 7-A+ with massive chain scalings to bump them to baseline 6-C. ( One Piece, Fairy Tail, AgK ) and was decided that you cant qualify one shots and chain scaling since it varies from fiction to fiction.

I believe tier jumping is allowed if they're high enough into the tier, if Sonic characters were baseline then yeah no way for Infinite to be 5-A, but at their current scale Infinite would only need to be twice as strong to be 5-A. Although I think "At least 5-B, likely 5-A" would be better then straight up 5-A just to be on the safe side (Ganondorf for example has High 7-A, likely 6-C for similar reasons).

A 5-B lowball seems unnecessary when Infinite was going to one shot several 5-B+ characters with his sun.

Not only that but Sonic, Shadow, and Metal Sonic are already 5-A with the Light Speed Attack as that move deals double the damage.

Infinite is 5-A because he already is superior to multiple characters that are already unquantifiable above 1.4 Yottatons, so he ends up upscaling to 5-A via the diference being less than two times, other characters like Mephiles, Neo Metal, etc. are also 5-A via those reasons

Back