• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Infernape vs. Bakugou

He can't fly but his ranged attacks have quite the range on them, and flying Pokémon aren't that rare to fight. Also I'm voting for Infernape as its move pool, with buffs and status effects and a wide array of moves to use to deal with Bakugou.

Can't Bakugou just keep his distance by flying and shifting explosions at infernape for an extended period of time? I doubt acrobatics will be able to overcome decent pseudo flight that Bakugou's has a decent amount of feats in controlling (tournament, against the league of villains, class 1-A vs 1-B) and I'm fairly sure Bakugou probably has an advantage skill wise due to infernape not really having many skill feats to my knowledge. Infernape could close the ap gap with foul play or repeated buffs but I think Bakugou will realise the situation and stay away from Infernape so as to not be matched by physical attacks and would be too efficient for infernape to use the buffs properly. Counter only works against physical attacks so I doubt this will be helpful against explosion man.

Been a while since I've been interested in either verse tbh so I'll wait for what others have to say but will be voting for Bakugou now.

Infernape also has slack off to restore its health, and both Bakugou's explosion and Infernape's ranged attack have their range as tens of kilometers, plus as previously mentioned dealing with flying opponents is nothing strange to Pokémon.

While Infernape can just spam flamethrower if it wanted, it wants to be able to use Flare Blitz and Close Combat and the like because it knows more physical than special moves.

So basically they are pretty much even unless bakugo uses a air attack or a punch or kick right?

Infernape also has fire spin, which would allow the monkey to get closer as it traps Bakugou. Btw, Infernape wrecks in h2h. So if it gets up close, it's game.

The only Physical buff it seems to have is Power-Up punch which is worse then Nasty Plot, which increase its special attack twice as much, and Calm Mind, which increase special defence as well as attack, because it needs to hit first to boost, and with the Blaze boost, I'd say Fire Type Special Moves like Flamethrower are more likely then Physical Moves.

Blast Burn: The foe is razed by a fiery explosion. The user must rest on the next turn, however.

Fire Blast: The foe is attacked with an intense blast of all-consuming fire. It may also leave the target with a burn.

Flame Burst: The user attacks the target with a bursting flame. The bursting flame damages Pokémon next to the target as well.

Really, the only ones who are said to be explosion are Mind Blown and Sheel Trap, but you have Self Destruct and Explosion who are literally explosions, but they are just normal type

Ehhh...I wouldn't say that it would be flying type. It would be very analogous to Vacuum Wave, which is fighting.

Blast Burn: The foe is razed by a fiery explosio. The user must rest on the next turn, however.

Fire Blast: The foe is attacked with an intense blast of all-consuming fire. It may also leave the target with a burn.

Flame Burst: The user attacks the target with a bursting flame. The bursting flame damages Pokémon next to the target as well.

Firey explosions are fire type. Less fiery ones are normal type. The kid seems to have explosives closer to the normal type ones.

I think what differentiates explosion and self destruct from those fire type moves is the method on which the explosion is caused.

Self-destruct and explosion, IIRC, just use the opponents inner energy to blow themselves up. While the former moves cause explosions through fire as the medium.

Blast Burn: It specifies a fiery explosion, normal explosion of grenades (Which is what Bakugou's are based of) don't have that property

Fire Blast: Of all consuming fire, again, not a normal explosion.

Flmae Burst: How does that even count for an explosion? The fire just spreads after the contact.

I mean, if they were fire based, they would show some property of melting things instead of destroying things with blunt force.

He even "exploded" Deku's notebook, but it didn't catched on fire

Sora and buff riku said:
No they don't ? They have never shown any signs of firer to them.
Stun_Grenade.gif

Howitzer_Impact_%28Two_Heroes%29.gif

Howitzer_Impact_MHA.gif

AP_Shot.gif

AP_Shot_Auto-Cannon.gif

Back