• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Indominus Rex (Jurassic World Evolution 2) vs The King of Feathers (Dungeons and Dragons) [0-5-0]

From what I have seen in its previous match against the Alpha Rex, the King takes this. To quote Sir Bambu:
King of Feathers has every advantage aside from AP, including teleportation, summoning, and LS (by a substantial amount)- creatures so focused on grappling as these two makes this a big deal, he can potentially win by just thrashing his foe around.

Still, this is a fight between >0.13 Tons of TNT vs ~0.56 Tons of TNT, which is still around a 4x advantage. Mind you, King of Feathers upscales significantly from that value (being superior to a CR 8, when that value is for CR 5s- KoF upscales from a dude one CR below the threshold for 8-C scaling, in fact) so I think this AP difference may be less notable than it at first appears.

I'd vote tenuously for King of Feathers.
We have a similar situation with the Indominus. It's 0.17 Tons and can go even higher with traits Vs KoF massively upscaling from 0.13 Tons so the AP gap is practically nonexistent. Big I also only has Class 25 LS so King will have even less trouble throwing it around.

From what I have seen in its previous match against the Alpha Rex, the King takes this. To quote Sir Bambu:

We have a similar situation with the Indominus. It's 0.17 Tons and can go even higher with traits Vs KoF massively upscaling from 0.13 Tons so the AP gap is practically nonexistent. Big I also only has Class 25 LS so King will have even less trouble throwing it around.
I mean if the indominus has prior knowledge on feather boi's teleportation..... what's stopping it from going stealth mode? Changing its skin color akin to the VERY lush forest they're in. Sneaking upon the trex and bite its neck to sufficate it. It cant teleport to something it cant see right? The indominus's stealth and sense evasure is undetected by predators with great senses such as the velociraptors and literal armed humans who have a tracker on it. These guys start 6 meters away from each other due to SBA so this argument might not work especially when the indominus's starting move in this instance is to go for bites and claw attacks which could prove effort worthy due to piercing damage and due to the fact that the indominus is more "intelligent" in the combat area.

I mean if the indominus has prior knowledge on feather boi's teleportation..... what's stopping it from going stealth mode? Changing its skin color akin to the VERY lush forest they're in. Sneaking upon the trex and bite its neck to sufficate it. It cant teleport to something it cant see right? The indominus's stealth and sense evasure is undetected by predators with great senses such as the velociraptors and literal armed humans who have a tracker on it. These guys start 6 meters away from each other due to SBA so this argument might not work especially when the indominus's starting move in this instance is to go for bites and claw attacks which could prove effort worthy due to piercing damage and due to the fact that the indominus is more "intelligent" in the combat area.
The only reason the guys with trackers couldn't sense it is because it's smart enough to pull the thing out from its flesh. The KoF can see things that are literally invisible so the camouflage (and the fact that its opponent has prior knowledge of it) won't help the Indo. KoF has piercing damage of its own in the form of claws and teeth as well and is intelligent enough to use its tail as a weapon. Therefore, in a head on confrontation, the King will come out on top due to having much higher LS. It definitely ain't dumb because even the real life T-Rex has High Animalistic intelligence with DnD Rex being comparable and the King upscaling from it.

Last edited:
The only reason the guys with trackers couldn't sense it is because it's smart enough to pull the thing out from its flesh. The KoF can see things that are literally invisible so the camouflage (and the fact that its opponent has prior knowledge of it) won't help the Indo. KoF has piercing damage of its own in the form of claws and teeth as well and is intelligent enough to use its tail as a weapon. Therefore, in a head on confrontation, the King will come out on top due to having much higher LS. It definitely ain't dumb because even the real life T-Rex has High Animalistic intelligence with DnD Rex being comparable and the King upscaling from it.
No, we explicitly do not scale the D&D Rexes to the real life animal's intelligence. I tried to make a CRT arguing otherwise and it was rejected.

No, we explicitly do not scale the D&D Rexes to the real life animal's intelligence. I tried to make a CRT arguing otherwise and it was rejected.
KoF still ain't stupid.
Also, can you link the CRT? I wanna read through it myself because not having an animal scale to its real life counterpart's intelligence seems weird unless the DnD Rex were created back when we knew less about IRL Rex so we thought they weren't that smart or something.

KoF still ain't stupid.
Also, can you link the CRT? I wanna read through it myself because not having an animal scale to its real life counterpart's intelligence seems weird unless the DnD Rex were created back when we knew less about IRL Rex so we thought they weren't that smart or something.

Both have prior knowledge, so King of Feathers is definitely going to be able to counter stealth better than the Indominus Rex is going to be able to counter full-on teleportation. The prior can be worked around by normal animals on the regs, even if you know someone can teleport you'd have to get a pretty decent plan to directly counter that- something that's unlikely even with the most generous interpretation of Indominus Rex's intelligence. In saying this, I do not aim to say that the camo is not a benefit, simply that it is easier to work around and deal with than teleportation, and thus a lesser one.

The LS advantage is a major boon for the King of Feathers, as pointed out already. Given the extremely close AP, there's really not much more I can conjure to say on the matter. King of Feathers takes my vote.

The only reason the guys with trackers couldn't sense it is because it's smart enough to pull the thing out from its flesh
I mean, it took off the tracker LATER down in the series. They knew its location when they went on their expedition solely because they could track it and had raptors to sniff it out which didnt work in their favour at all.

The KoF can see things that are literally invisible so the camouflage (and the fact that its opponent has prior knowledge of it) won't help the Indo.
Now that i see prior knowledge, you're right.

Both have prior knowledge, so King of Feathers is definitely going to be able to counter stealth better than the Indominus Rex is going to be able to counter full-on teleportation. The prior can be worked around by normal animals on the regs, even if you know someone can teleport you'd have to get a pretty decent plan to directly counter that- something that's unlikely even with the most generous interpretation of Indominus Rex's intelligence. In saying this, I do not aim to say that the camo is not a benefit, simply that it is easier to work around and deal with than teleportation, and thus a lesser one.

The LS advantage is a major boon for the King of Feathers, as pointed out already. Given the extremely close AP, there's really not much more I can conjure to say on the matter. King of Feathers takes my vote.
Voting the feather king for reasons here along with A's similiar judgement. The starting move of the indominus would be cqc here mixed with stealth but said tactics is useless against the rex as argued. Although AP might be relative the rex has the LS so dragging the indominus after a solid bite would be ggs even if the indominus is the larger and taller one here.

I mean, it took off the tracker LATER down in the series. They knew its location when they went on their expedition solely because they could track it and had raptors to sniff it out which didnt work in their favour at all.
I know you already switched your vote to the KoF but I just gotta ask.
What do you mean it didn't work? The raptors successfully located it and the plan only backfired because the thing is part raptor so it could communicate with them and make them turn on the guys.

I know you already switched your vote to the KoF but I just gotta ask.
What do you mean it didn't work? The raptors successfully located it and the plan only backfired because the thing is part raptor so it could communicate with them and make them turn on the guys.
The raptors couldnt get visuals on it (albeit could smell it) prior to the indominus actually coming out from its stealth despite them having enhanced senses and smell, thats what i mean.

Back