• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Indexing Deadliest Warrior

Deadliest Warrior is a television program that pits two ancient or modern warriors against each other in a simulated battle using information gathered from various tests performed on the warriors weapons and techniques. Data is collected about the weapons, then is uploaded into a simulation program. The results of the program determine the "deadliest warrior" of the two in the episode, then the fight is dramatized by actors, showing who won the episodes battle.
From Deadliest Warrior's Wiki.

Here, I propose the formal inclusion of Deadliest Warrior. It seems that the inclusion of characters ("Fictional Warriors") such as Zombie and Vampire are not controversial as they are fictional in nature. The first proposal is that: allowing the inclusion of Deadliest Warrior portrayal of real life warriors (e.g. Sun Tzu, Māori Warrior, SWAT, etc.) except the modern extremists IRL?

The second proposal is that: a verse rule should be created to ensure that the stats and abilities of warriors' profile are solely based on Deadliest Warrior team's analysis? (It means that the fight animation itself is not considered as profiles' stats and abilities justifications)

It is about the television series continuity, and here is the third proposal is that: treating the television series DW and video games DW as separated continuities.

Last edited:
It seems that the inclusion of characters ("Fictional Warriors") such as Zombie and Vampire are not controversial as they are fictional in nature. The first proposal is that: allowing the inclusion of Deadliest Warrior portrayal of real life warriors (e.g. Sun Tzu, Māori Warrior, SWAT, etc.) except the modern extremists IRL?
Vampires and Zombies would be fine.

For IRL people like, say, the Knight. I believe it would literally just be a "average" Medieval Knight. The most those profiles would really accomplish would be making a IRL Knight profile, which I don't think we do.

One thing I could see is that the weapons and their effects, since they're real and not fictional, could be used on its own for a profile. Like making a profile for some of the explosive weapons or going more into detail about certain swords.

The second proposal is that: a verse rule should be created to ensure that the stats and abilities of warriors' profile are solely based on Deadliest Warrior team's analysis? (It means that the fight animation itself is not considered as profiles' stats and abilities justifications)
This I'm ultimately unsure of. Because the analysis is just the gear of the people. The fight choreography is how you'd get things like tactics or more in-depth portrayals of stuff.
It is about the television series continuity, and here is the third proposal is that: treating the television series DW and video games DW as separated continuities.
Video games being separate is fine. Iirc the most they'd do is probably push people into high ends of 9-C or 9-B for being able to cut through metal armor.

This I'm ultimately unsure of. Because the analysis is just the gear of the people. The fight choreography is how you'd get things like tactics or more in-depth portrayals of stuff.
Similar to Death Battle, the fight animation of Deadliest Warrior does not necessary represent the strength they analyzed.
For IRL people like, say, the Knight. I believe it would literally just be a "average" Medieval Knight. The most those profiles would really accomplish would be making a IRL Knight profile, which I don't think we do.
It still has differences from pure IRL profile. First, unlike composited human, has a defined equipment, defined gender, defined height and weight, defined skill. Second, some combatants do actually wield the weapon they never had. (e.g. Chu Ko Nu, as "Crossbows weren't actually invented during Sun Tzu's time. Crossbows came into prominence during the later half of the Warring State period in China. Sun Tzu on the other hand lived in the Spring and Autumn period hundreds of years before.")

Similar to Death Battle, the fight animation of Deadliest Warrior does not necessary represent the strength they analyzed.
But with Death Battle they give numbers for the character's physical ability. Deadliest Warrior is based around gear and some vaguely defined X-factor.

But with Death Battle they give numbers for the character's physical ability. Deadliest Warrior is based around gear and some vaguely defined X-factor.
In the analysis part, DW team tests the capability of the weapons and it can be used to construct the profile. Also, DW always introduces the lore of the combatants, and it is definitely can be used to construct the profile too. The battle animation, however, could apply tropes to make the fight having animation potential (e.g. Curb-Stomp Cushion).

the analysis part, DW team tests the capability of the weapons and it can be used to construct the profile
That's mostly my point. The weapons stuff is perfectly useable, but they're useable in the sense that it just helps making IRL profiles.

I don't see how you can do a profile on Napoleon or a SWAT team when it's just "Average build + IRL weapons".

It is tricky and maybe we need more than one staffs to discuss the issue. I personally feel that Deadliest Warrior portrayal of real life warriors are in grey area and my understanding may not be enough to grasp the topic, and I can provide the useful information to help other people evaluate the topic.

The general consensus of the proposal of the inclusion of Deadliest Warrior portrayal of real life warriors (accepted or rejected) would be added in verse rule (similar to Professional Wrestling).

Back