• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Inconsistencies in digimon, I guess. (Big possible upgrade)

PaChi2

VS Battles
Retired
Piedmo and the rest of the Dark Masters fought and defeated Azulongmo and the other sovereigns.

Unless Im missing something and it's an outlier, that's a pretry blatant 2-A feat. The Dark masters can warp the digital world (which now is considered to be 2-A, remember Myotismo? He is 2-A for that same feat).

Proposed changes:

3-C (databook Piedmon, aka random piedmon) | At least 3-C (Digimon Adventures Piedmon, anime) | 2-A (Full composite Piedmon)

This applies to Machinedramon and co, for obvious reasons.

I'll probably make a thread about this in the future, and not to downplay, but I have an issue with a bunch of these Digimon being 2-A for "affecting the Digital World".

I honestly don't know what to say on this... From what I recall the Adventure Soveriegns in their first fight only managed to defeat the Dark Masters by sacrificing Maki's partner. They then managed to defeat Apocalymon, yet lost to the Dark Masters in their second fight and were sealed.

ProfessorKukui4Life said:
I'll probably make a thread about this in the future, and not to downplay, but I have an issue with a bunch of these Digimon being 2-A for "affecting the Digital World".
Digimon aren't 2-A for that though. They are 2-A for being able to destroy and reset entire Networks. And then there is simply scaling to other characters. Where do you see "affected the Digital World" as a reasoning for 2-A?

As for this, I am not sure. I am not really sold on upgrading the Dark Masters to 2-A.

"Digital World most of the time, is used with the meaning of a Network. I'll show something:

Diablomon was previously Low 2-C for being able to destroy the Digital World, but was placed as 2-C because of the Royal Knights. In any case Diablomon profiles are very clear:

Digimon Reference Book> It repeatedly absorbs all the data on the Network in order to evolve and grow larger, and is depleting the Digital World to the brink of destruction.

Digimon Jintrix> An avaricious Digimon that grew to its size by absorbing data all over the network.

Digimon Adventure 02 Tag Tamers> Gennai: The most recent thing was that the Diablomon that was defeated by Omegamon was resurrected! Diablomon will devour all of the network data! At this rate, the Digital World will disappear!

Diablomon relates the Digital World as the whole Network, not just a Server.

In Digimon Chronicle the Digital World is also the whole Network, not just a Server coming to be mentioned that Servers were in overload, then it is impossible the Digital World in this condition to be only a Server.

Bx-33> Chapter Two: In order to delete Digimon that are overloading the servers, Yggdrasill activates the X-Program!

Megidramon also affects the entire Network, not just a Server. Digimon Tamers was actually one of the first products to consider the Digital World as being formed from various Worlds.

Therefore, especially in games, there is practically no chance that Digital World will be considered only a Server (This only occurred in a single game, and I still believe it was a translation error, but I never found a gameplay of the original game to check).

The Digimon Tier 2 feats are:

Diablomon destroying the Network, Megidramon destroying the Digital World, Gankoomon preventing the destruction of the Digital World, Chronomon DM destroying all the worlds, Susanoomon destroying the Network, Mother Eater restarting the multiverse, Lucemon Satan Mode destroying all worlds, Omegamon Alter-B destroying all worlds, Death-X-DORUgoramon having the power to destroy the entire Digital World, Death-X-Mon restarting the Digital World, ExoGrimmon destroying a Server, Clockmon being able to collapse the Digital World referring directly to Networks), Megadramon being able to destroy the whole Network, Apocalymon destroying the existence of the Digital World and creating an infinite dimension, Zeed Mille destroying all network and creating his new world, Zeed Mille (Xros Wars) destroying all existence and nothingness, Vitium having control over the entire Digital World and being able to destroy it, Yggdrasil supporting the existence of the entire Digital World N.E.O destroying of the Digital World, Lucemon Falldown Mode absorbing the Digital World and the Real World.

And that's just what I could remember. Omegamon Alter-B, Chronomon DM, Mother Eater, Zeed Mille and Lucemon Satan Mode are already directly related to the whole Multiverse, so it is the highest level of feat (Not including the Higher Dimensions).

Diablomon, Mille, Susanoomon, Clockmon, N.E.O, Yggdrasil and Megadramon directly mention the entire network.

About Megidramon we know that it is the whole Network because the works where this is mentioned (Digimon Tamers) Digital World is the whole Network, not just a server.

We do not know much about the feats of Apocalymon, Gankoomon, Death-X-DORUgoramon, Death-X-Mon, Vitium and Lucemon Falldown Mode.

ExoGrimmon is the only one that specifies that it would destroy only one Server and not the entire Network.

Anyway, the products of the time of Death-X-mon and Death-X-DORUgoramon (Like Digimon Chronicle and Digimon World X) specify that the Digital World is the whole network.

The only ones that are not sure what is being talked about are Apocalymon, Lucemon Falldown Mode, Vitium, Gankoomon and N.E.O.

It turns out that in practically all Bandai Nanco products, Digital World is used as synonym of Network. So I wonder if we should still put the Digital World base as being only Low 2-C rather than 2-A. I mean, pretty much all 2-A feats scale the factions, and the only reason we still have 2-C is to keep the Databook Key that does not even make sense mainly because Databooks come from products that define the Digital World as being the Network and being separated into several Servers.

The only feat of Digimon that is definitely Low 2-C is that of ExoGrimmon because it specifies that it would destroy only one Server."

Dragonmasterxyz said:
As for this, I am not sure. I am not really sold on upgrading the Dark Masters to 2-A.
Welp. If its not legit it should be removed from Piedmon's profile then. Because as it is now the clown is 3-C for fighting a 2-A.

I am not too knowledgeable on the Dark Masters stuff introduced in TRI. So I'll wait for the Digimon Master comes through. ovo

Dragonmasterxyz said:
I am not too knowledgeable on the Dark Masters stuff introduced in TRI. So I'll wait for the Digimon Master comes through. ovo
Machinedramon and Metalseadramon are dragons, though? What a shame for a dragon master ovo

Just smol thing:

Holydramon:

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Holydramo

At least Multiverse level+ ("Laid waste" to the "ultimate evil" that threatened the Digital World. Should be as strong as Megidramon who seriously contended with Beelzemon, a member of the Seven Great Demon Lords), Ignores Conventional Durability with Holy Flame.

If that refers to the anime (tamers), the beelzemon Megidramon fought wasnt part of the SGDL. It should be changed.

Also, who is that ultimate evil? lol

Back on to the Dark Masters, wouldn't they be superior to the Soveriegns going by what we see in TRI and the outcome of their second fight?

MugenRyu said:
Back on to the Dark Masters, wouldn't they be superior to the Soveriegns going by what we see in TRI and the outcome of their second fight?
That's what I understand, yes.

So is the problem that the Soveriegns managed to defeat Apocalymon, but lost the DM who were defeated by the Adventure cast who's fight with the Pizza Lover we consider to be PIS, Right?

So honestly, what should we do about the Dark Masters seemingly being treated as superior to the Soveriegns?

Holydramon should still be 2-A for being a Great Dragon, right? The "Ultimate Evil" is something AFAIK is only mentioned in her data book entry...it just sounded cool so I put it on the profile when I was making it.

I think the Dark Masters being above Sovereigns is a bit weird. WarGreymon killed two of them, albeit mostly due to having Dramon killers, yet BlackWargreymon was one-shot by Azulongmon when he wasn't even trying.

It is weird, but with how Sovereigns needed to sacrifice their comrade to defeat them the first time and the fact they won the second time and sealed the holy beasts give the impression that their stronger.

I'd like to help but I'm not exactly knowledgeable on matters like this. If I had to guess this might not be enough to upgrade them, since the Sovereigns in this continuity might be weaker. It could also just be a massive outlier so I don't expect this to result in 2-A for the dark masters. I've been wrong before though, and I could be here as well.

It seems everyone is waiting for a specific member's input, so it's probably best to continue waiting or notify them again in case they've forgotten. I would usually recommend waiting but if this is important they might prefer you remind them.

Okay

@ProfessorKukui if you had any problems with Digimon, it's good talk with me in my wall to we discuss about this to not doing something so drastic like this.

@PaChi2 That is a possibility, but it is still very strange. It is possible to use the argument that by the Dark Masters they can use the power of Apocalymon and thereby deny the power of light that is the basis of the Four Holy Beast's power so they become much weaker in a confrontation with beings who carry the power of all infinite darkness.

In 02 even the Dark Towers were able to weaken the power of the Four Holy Beasts, and behind that, there was also the power of the remaining Vandemon darkness. So I think it's more of an issue for the Dark Masters to effectively weaken the Four Holy Beast using the power of Apocalymon (The novel explains how the Dark Masters and their allies carried the power of Apocalymon even though they did not) and not the Dark Masters AP being greater than the Four Holy Beast power.

So I do not think we can definitely scale the Four Holy Beast to the Dark Masters.

I just think that there is some variables that can deny the possible of that scalling. But, it's not something absolute for now.

Back