• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

I'm in trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.
@TheDarkSide

I do not know how to set up an extra account linked to my Mastercard incognito, and am also very overworked and about to go to bed soon. My apologies.

Do they have Pre-Paid Visa gift cards in your country, like the Vanilla brand that are silver in color? I think you could just load it with money by just paying at the counter in cash so that there are no connections to anything that you own.

I do not know. I am not familiar with this sort of thing. However, I would greatly appreciate if any other members of our community are willing to help him out with donations.

Immediately invest in a security program after you get this settled, after that I'd highly suggest changing ALL of your passwords to your emails and if possible change the email itself. I'd also suggest taking this to the proper authorities in your country, I wouldn't approach the cops, I'd report them to a higher authority. I did networking and cybersecurity for around a year for school so I know a thing or two about hacking. Also I'm like 99% this is a felony so if they find this clown he's definitely ******.

My dude, you should've put 2 factor phone authentication on it, your only choice is to contact google, speak to a person, and give them all the info you can. Also never use the same password on more than 1 site, and your master password (google) should be insanely complex, utilize spaces, special characters, and even symbols.

I'll tell you right now, I delve into the deep web and gather tons and tons of leaks which have peoples usernames, passwords, and all their PII, Guess what? Once you got one of those, for 90%+ of the people on the dumps you can use the same username/email password combo EVERYWHERE, don't be that guy, this is how this happened to you.

I do think that this situation is very dangerous, but I think option 2 is easily the most viable, getting 500 Kronor isn't really that bad if you just ask relatives and friends Irl for help, (Most kids get like 100 Kronor here every weekend), and Yea its alot but Its definiently not the most he could have asked for. I would just suggest Option 2 as I said earlier

What country are you in if you don't mind me asking? Also having a VPN doesn't make you immune to being traced, especially if you use a normal browser. Chances are that he used an online VPN which you can still find his IP but only if you know the VPN he used.

Hykuu said:
I do think that this situation is very dangerous, but I think option 2 is easily the most viable, getting 500 Kronor isn't really that bad if you just ask relatives and friends Irl for help, (Most kids get like 100 Kronor here every weekend), and Yea its alot but Its definiently not the most he could have asked for. I would just suggest Option 2 as I said earlier
He doesn't have access to his pay pal,discord and Vsb account because he used different account for that

If you do end up getting your account back, I wouldn't use it at all. If it happened once, it will most likely happen again. Once you get all your personal stuff back, changing all the info might not be enough. I'd just make a whole new email with nothing related to the old one, and transfer everything over.

The Prince of Counters said:
Immediately invest in a security program after you get this settled, after that I'd highly suggest changing ALL of your passwords to your emails and if possible change the email itself. I'd also suggest taking this to the proper authorities in your country, I wouldn't approach the cops, I'd report them to a higher authority. I did networking and cybersecurity for around a year for school so I know a thing or two about hacking. Also I'm like 99% this is a felony so if they find this clown he's definitely ******.
This is a variant of a ransomware attack, which is illegal in pretty much every country in the European Union.

Kepekley23 said:
IIRC, Paypal has a relatively new "goal" system where someone can set a goal of cash to be sent to their account and donors who see it can choose to donate anonimously.
It's apparently called a pool system, I just logged onto my brother's account to set one up. It's almost identical to fundraising websites like Patreon. So, as you said, it's good for those who wish to help me by donating but are unsure about their addresses and sensitive information.

The positive intent and words of the people here are already worth more than the actual money, and I'm being honest when I say that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back