• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

(I’m back!)AKIRA upgrades

Tetsuo after volume 4 should be (near end of page)4D, it states he transcends space and time during his rebirth, you can see this in the pages as he goes back in time to view his past self, and in the next volume appears to have a heightened cosmological awareness and describes the experience as “reaching a higher level”. This along with the narrative sequence showing us that he is being whipped along by this cosmic stream he can’t understand, begging for it to stop, however later describing it and coming to terms with its existence.
Miyako also describes this event as “rebirth”. His transcendence of space and time should most likely affect his speed, but it can debated whether or not it should affect his AP.

As for his final AP at the very end of the series, I argue he is another dimensions higher. He is outright stated once again to ascend to a higher plane of existence, and while this was in his “death” it’s shown that after Miyako’s death she can still communicate and even guide Kei to pushing Tetsuo further to his apex of power. He also goes through another awakening event similar to volume 4, however it is much larger and powerful in scale. This is supported further by Akira’s own blast being able to effortlessly transport characters backwards through time, implying a higher dimensional power of being able to move through time.

Conclusions:
  • Tetsuo is upgraded to 4th dimensional status(affects speed and AP)for 5th volume
  • Tetsuo EoS is 5th dimensional and possibly gains tier 1(something I’d never dream of).

Can't view the manga pages, idk what site is that but it doesn't load to me, would help if there was links for the images themselves.

Regardless, being from a higher plane of existence and being able to time travel does not give you any AP or speed rating, not only do you need to prove that there is a reality-fiction gap in the dimensions in terms of superiority, being able to time travel or to view events through time is not immensurable speed.

Transcending space and time requires context in what it entails, again, need the image scans, if it just gave him the ability to move through time, it wouldn't give anything besides time travel and maybe cosmic awareness in this case

Regardless, being from a higher plane of existence and being able to time travel does not give you any AP or speed rating, not only do you need to prove that there is a reality-fiction gap in the dimensions in terms of superiority, being able to time travel or to view events through time is not immensurable speed.
You don't need r>f, just qualitative superiority. R>F is just one way to prove qualitative superiority, there are others.

I was looking for that page for a while.

Anyway, I disagree for the moment because what it's referring to is a brief moment where he travelled through his own timeline.

Time travel is often referred to by fiction, such as One Punch Man and Flash, as transcending space-time without actually gaining a 4-D existence.

Having read the story, the stuff on ascending to a higher plane is fine.

I was looking for that page for a while.

Anyway, I disagree for the moment because what it's referring to is a brief moment where he travelled through his own timeline.

Time travel is often referred to by fiction, such as One Punch Man and Flash, as transcending space-time without actually gaining a 4-D existence.

Having read the story, the stuff on ascending to a higher plane is fine.
I was more so talking about the consistency of characters existing outside of space time such as Akira, whose level tetsuo ultimately reached at the very end of the series.

Not sure.
the reason I asserted a 4th dimensional level for 5th volume tetsuo is that narratively during the 4th volume he is rash, impulsive, violent, and generally stupid. He then goes through a rebirth of sorts after experiencing the “truth”. He is swept along the cosmic stream, unable to control his movement at all, but soon arrives finally at Akira. Akira is completely unaffected by this stream, able to stay completely still while in it, and Tetsuo is then released from the stream. During Volume 5, he appears to be much more calm and collected, and a lot more confident in his understanding of his own power. He describes himself as reaching a higher level all together. All this just seems to logically lead you to believe he has obtained some type of transcendence over his previous self. A previous self unable to look past himself and consider more about his own power than simply craving more of it.

Sorry. I had to go out of town.

That doesn't seem like enough.

You don't need r>f, just qualitative superiority. R>F is just one way to prove qualitative superiority, there are others.
i didn't mean that R>F is necessary, i mean't more like, you need to be superior to lower planes in that the gap would be similar to R>F, in this case qualitative superiority that makes lower planes utterly insignificant to your power, but i worded it badly

i didn't mean that R>F is necessary, i mean't more like, you need to be superior to lower planes in that the gap would be similar to R>F, in this case qualitative superiority that makes lower planes utterly insignificant to your power, but i worded it badly
all good bro

anyway, i can see the pics in my pc finally

yeah it is just him viewing his timeline, also the "reaching a higher level" link is the same as the second past self link

tetsuo's spirit going to a higher plane doesn't sound 4D or anything other than another dimension to me, if the only mention of it is from that final quote

anyway, i can see the pics in my pc finally

yeah it is just him viewing his timeline, also the "reaching a higher level" link is the same as the second past self link

tetsuo's spirit going to a higher plane doesn't sound 4D or anything other than another dimension to me, if the only mention of it is from that final quote
nah, it’s just stated he transcends space time during volume 4 and it’s just backed up by certain quotes and narrative storytelling. The last quote is for 5D but it’s not necessary.

transcending space and time is a vague trope that can relate to anything from being unbound by changes to it, to time and/or dimensional travel to actual higher dimensional existence, and all i have seen so far is it allowing tetsuo to travel through time

point out those quotes and "narrative storytelling" that imply a qualitatively superiority over the lower plane.

transcending space and time is a vague trope that can relate to anything from being unbound by changes to it, to time and/or dimensional travel to actual higher dimensional existence, and all i have seen so far is it allowing tetsuo to travel through time

point out those quotes and "narrative storytelling" that imply a qualitatively superiority over the lower plane.
Can you not see them in the og post?

nope, all i see is vague quotes culminating to him travelling through time, no qualitatively superiority

tetsuo goes on, transcending time and space, reliving his birth

drawing a connection to his transcendence and him time travelling, next 2 scans show that

reaching a higher level

the scan is just him time travelling and nothing there implies what you say

he is being whipped along by this cosmic stream he can’t understand, begging for it to stop, however later describing it and coming to terms with its existence.

not everyone takes suddenly travelling through time that well, and while this could imply that his mind is starting to spread through time, that is not Higher dimensional.

not sure why being reborn would help here as it can refer to tetsuo's new outlook on reality and himself by the transcendence

the last higher plane quote has no context for it so it wouldn't be anything neither

Last edited:
Back