• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

I Think This Wiki Doesnt Make Sense, Help Me With My Mental Crisis (part 2)

I was about to reply on my part 1 but got closed on the last second so im gonna make this part 2 cuz MY ANSWERS ARE NOT ANSWERED YET (which is painful)

this is my reply to Amexim, you can find it on the recently closed part 1

note that im not trying to downplay any verse but more like to share my Point of view with yall.

my answer:

my idea or "headache" is the reason of what you said, we do ignore inconsistencies but im not downplaying the verse, there are different points of view. of course the author's pov is not "unbreakable" but from generic and logical point of views it just doesnt make sense. Vsbattles purpose is to find a way to measure a characters power but that character's power we state isnt definitive and as you said (i think) applying real world physics to fiction is probably the "N1 thing you should not do". Why? cuz its fiction and fiction is always random and confusing when we take our sceptical point of view and try to "render it" with out real life physics ending on a mess which inside the story of course is nowhere real but we are like "this is how he should be" but its still confusing. i get your point, calculate, analyze and do all that stuff and come with the "closest" conclusion to a character's power but we cant take those results 100% real to the characters real power in all the possible ways and take it as undenible.

Code:
Applying real life physics, yes, but we are talking about fiction, where logic goes to die, everyone in Ooo is like "moon level" but they get hurt by normal stuff and we consider that an inconsistency or "got hurt by a chair, of course cuz it is a universal chair that also moved FTL so that is why the character couldnt see it coming" (or they come with some "oh that was Oooian suppression" such as DB) which actually it might not be an inconsistency and the actual tier itself is other concept but is the only explanation we have no matter how ridiculous it is, even if it breaks reality and the very concept of physics and logic. that is the problem
dont know why the upper bar is like that.

sorry for the long reply. And now im going to sleep cuz its 3:35 A.M. and im really sleepy. good night Zzz

Back