• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

I might be doing this wrong.. Battle for the second strongest 10-A, Kryten vs Yogiri

So.. yeah

Kryte is in 2nd key, is positoned inside the red dwarf, has int amped and has no morality chip

speed = for now (dunno if it will matter that much)

SBA?

Who wins and how?

Kryten has passive causality manipulation that makes people do the opposite of what they would usually do, and has multiple ways to incapacitate and defeat Yogiri once he is given the chance.

Uh, sorry should have mentioned that the causality manip is on a low 1-C level

Sorry, I didn't see your comment. Anyway, is Yogiris attack faster because of immeasurable speed?

Also is it at a type 2 conceptual level because Kryten can probably be resurrected or recreated indefinitely if that's the case (Kryten's nanobots are actually less resurrective I'm mature and kinda more like duplication)

I mean, if he has immeasurable speed and it's thought based then isn't it likely he beat the miasma via that? Considering the quantum anomaly transcends the space time continuum and causes a lesion to stay there indefinitely I imagine it could have effected Yogiri even before the fight began.

well, speed is equal or not? because I can't understand by looking at the comments, if speed is equal than probably, is an inconclusive or win for Kryten because of low1C hax if it is true, otherwise with speed unequal yogiri wins.

As far as I know, immeasurable speed can't outspeed passive because of speed equal, but maybe I'm wrong.

Yogiri FRA and his fate manipulation.

I just don't see how making people do the opposite of what they usually do counters Yogiri's fate manipulation.

That's one of the weird problems with speed equalised because it could theoretically neglect essential qualities that are an offshoot of speed. Though Kryten has immeasurable sped too guys

Fate Manipulation wouldn't be able to counter causality manipulation caused by reality warping that is multiple tiers (and possibly dimensions) above it.

But guys we already came to the conclusion that the quantum anomaly is basically immeasurable speed, or just omnipresent around certain timelines from the get go. So Kryten isn't really at a speed disadvantage as such

How good is Yogiri's immeasurable speed though?

XDragnoir said:
Actually, isn't the feat Yogiri did that granted him Immeasurable more range than actual speed?
No.

What gave you that impression?

Edit:

Although it is a range feat as well.

Yogiri can still kill with a thought even with Speed Equal. So no, probably not.

Do you have the quote, Yung?

Basically, i think the feat is range because you don't need speed to kill a immeasurable, if the Imme is only able to move across timelines/universes, you only need that range and you will be able kill him anywhere he is, if he is outside the universe (or multiverse) you only need range to affect things outside that.

Tago238 said:
But guys we already came to the conclusion that the quantum anomaly is basically immeasurable speed, or just omnipresent around certain timelines from the get go. So Kryten isn't really at a speed disadvantage as such
How good is Yogiri's immeasurable speed though?
Uh....above infinite.

And from the speed section on the guy's page it's just a bunch of items and abilities relating to travel speed and pseudo attack speed, doesn't at all seem scalable to his combat or reaction speed.

Btw, this page needs some massive clean-ups. Spelling mistakes galore in P&A, and his speed section references Omniscience rather than Omnipresence (What it presumably should be). A lot of stuff aren't elaborated on much in the profile either. I'm also certain tier 1 profiles should be locked, but this one isn't.

Wait, shit, I accidentally pressed the wrong omni on the search thing . Also I'm fairly sure they aren't spelling mistakes for the most part, just verse terminology. This is why I shouldn't do major edits to a profile when everything is lagging like shit

I honestly didn't want to ask because I really don't care enough to be that involved, but is their any reason that these vehicles and Weapons Kryten uses would increase his reaction speed. Also can you give me a example of how this 5-D stuff works so I can understand it better in how it would work against Yogiri?

XDragnoir said:
Do you have the quote, Yung?
Basically, i think the feat is range because you don't need speed to kill a immeasurable, if the Imme is only able to move across timelines/universes, you only need that range and you will be able kill him anywhere he is, if he is outside the universe (or multiverse) you only need range to affect things outside that.
It's not a single quote, it happens over the course of an entire chapter. Basically, an immeasurable being who is made up of space and time was killed by Yogiri before it could kill him, despite its transcendence above time and ability to see the future.

Tago238 said:
Wait, shit, I pressed the wrong omni on the search thing . Also I'm fairly sure they aren't spelling mistakes for the most part, just verse terminology. This is why I shouldn't do major edits to a profile when everything is lagging like shit
"Makes all those susceptible to it commit the opposite action of what they intended to do via forcing alternate realities together. This was capable of bypassing the dimensional membrane which is a space containing and separating th bodies of reality within it, this at least applying to the BTE uivrse which deemed a 4-D universe as nonexistent, fictional and invalid"

Oblivion Of The Endless said:
>you don't need speed to kill a immeasurable

But you do, otherwise you cant react and gets blitzed to hell
You know, not all characters in fiction go for the kill at the start of a battle, even if they can do it.

Any quote works, i think, and what does "transcendence above time" means here? He isn't 5D right?

I'm pretty sure the Omnipresence gained through being friends with the sentient Universe is outside help, which isn't allowed in regular Battles.

And this "The Quantum Rod Contracted space time to pseudo magnetically bring together objects that had previously been connected- the force of the polarity even bringing together people from different points of Time" doesn't even look like Immeasurable, and definitely doesn't look like it would scale to his reaction or movement speed.

Why do you never come when I need you autocorrect?

The quantum anomaly less has speed and more range across the space time continuum, since it forms a large lesion across it.

Transcendence above time wouldn't be 5-D, in terms of tiers it only accounts for spacial dimensions as opposed to temporal ones (unless it's a single space time continuum for some reason). It would just mean he could theoretically move across another temporal axis.

The proofs were on CRTs for the most part

As for the universe thing it was on the CRT and wasn't criticised but hey, I guess I can just remove it, but we should probably just ignore it for now

Top 5 battles aren't regular, so i think having omniscience by talking with the universe should be allowed, no?

Fair enough, Kryten's immeasurable speed is probably just attack speed and movement speed, not reactions.

As for the quantum anomaly, it spreads across an at least 5-D acis in range and yes could affect people. Although speed is equal for now, so as pointed out earlier we should probably stay on topic.

XDragnoir said:
Top 5 battles aren't regular, so i think having omniscience by talking with the universe should be allowed, no?
I'm pretty sure that was a mistake and he's actually supposed to have omnipresence via that, which I honestly don't understand.

It was on the damn CRT it should be omnipresence yes, everything was lagging and my keyboard was over the selection option on my iPad so I just clicked something and it turns out I fecked up. Kryten has borderline omniscience anyway with amped intelligence, and the universe in red dwarf isn't actually omniscient since he didn't know he was going to die by heat death (in what in red dwarf is canon) in 14 billion years causing him to have a mid life crisis. The point about it being omnipresent over a specific area is because it follows logic of omnipresence in the first place, in that when they are placed in a battle they are assumed to be everywhere despite a lot of the time in verse it's more like they are a set area of space rather than them constantly evolving to be everywhere at once.

Anyway, I should probably not include the universe on a profile in the way I did and just make an individual profile for him. He might even be 2-A given information given in the show and what I might be able to find in Backwards

I'm pretty sure the Strongest Thread still goes by the regular rules, such that if a match can't be added to profiles because of outside help it also can't be added to the list.

Back