• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
What stops Boian from just resisting every hax in the world

D&D resists most hax. Like practically all of them. I can give examples about specific ones boyo uses in character but Boian negs tons of hax.

Also, when I make him, Vaerun might make a good match, being that he's practically the strongest mage my own Homebrew has met.

He's got the same case as your RP boy (get a better render by the way good lord), he can't be harmed by non-magical attacks. So if the punch is magical, probably yes. GreyFang owns the character.

If it's similar to Fate Stuff he's got enough mystery/magic infused in him to count for that sort of thing, yeah

I'll assume it is.

So yes, he can be punched. Presumably.

I mean

That depends on Samuel being able to neg Boian's hax. Mind hax, time stop, and duplication seem the best, the last of which seems to be useful in that it essentially gives him a number advantage.

Time stop isn't higher-D nor does it work on infinites AFAIK (GreyFang may have changed the rules in his homebrew), but mindhax is pretty good. At base (as in, 9-B tiers), D&D mindhax scales to Nilbog, a goblin who can passively mindhax an entire kingdom of thousands into not hitting it despite it being an annoying little shit (that's canon, by the by). In game terms, that mindhax isn't even too impressive, and most actual characters can resist it and cast better.

By tiers of Low 7-B and higher, D&D would upscale horrendously from that, being many, many times stronger.

Oh, wow I didn't even know this was made!

But uh, if you have questions on Boian I can answer them.

But so far Mr. Bambu got it to a tee on the mind hax, and yeah Time Stop isn't higher-D

I think Samuel's Mind Hax resistance scales in the millions IIRC, and he resists time manipulation

If he does then he lolthinks.

Where uh... who runs this character and who would know what their mindhax scales to? I'd believe it for the millions bit, RP characters tend to get ridiculous, but yeah, that'd basically mean Boian was dead, I think.

Actually, how does homeboy's mindhax work?

oh

Where does that come from? Still curious.

Coincidentally, I forgot Boian seems to have Transmutation. Does Samuel resist being turned into other stuff?

Has the powers and resistances of James Heller, who resists Alex Mercer's Mindhax, which is to melt someone's mind by uploading every memory and thought of all the infected in their head. IIRC the infected are in the millions.

Depends on what kind.

Ahhh. Alex Mercer OC.

I'd ask Greyfang, but normal transmutation in D&D is either turning you into another sort of animal or turning you into some non-living material (flesh to stone or mud or something).

that's what I said, Alex Mercer OC

Dunno what The Ruler is.

So... Nilbog.

It isn't something unheard of in D&D, Boian could feasibly counter that by healing him, ergo hurting him.

Just remember kids, D&D has everything. Also, if this causality manip attempts to affect Boian, D&D does resist universal range Causality Manip.

Nah it just affects Sam, but the problem is he doesn't have that prior knowledge here.

True, but he could probably figure out "hey nothing is working". Transmutation would still be valid, too, since he can do it the other way around (flesh to stone or stone to flesh).

Well. Let's see.

We've established Boian likely resists Sam's given hax. If you'd like to ask about something in particular, I can answer. That said, Sam does not seem to resist certain aspects of Boian's hax.

I don't know what is in character for either to start with. I imagine both will fumble about for a bit using hax that the other is resistant to. Eventually, we can safely assume they will both realize "oh shit".

Boian would have knowledge of Nilbog and similar conditions and thus would be able to discern "the opposite happens here". Sam would probably begin berating Boian with AP attacks- I believe he has an AP advantage, albeit not so much that it makes the fight unbeatable, especially considering Boian's forcefields, duplication, etc.

I believe Boian has the intelligence to figure out that doing the opposite would work, and could feasibly transmutate Sam before Sam manages to kill Boian.

So for now I vote for the vampire.

Yep, via scaling to the Dust of Dryness, which absorbs water (even living water, so... don't stick it on your skin) and compresses it into a tiny pellet.

I don't think that's on the same level as Prototyp absorbing, which is pretty strong and absorbs the foe in their entirety down to their memory.

It's physical absorption, true, but I don't think Prototype can absorb memories without the physical stuff.

Yobobojojo said:
Fair, but absorbing biomass is probably above water Absorption
Except when the water is your biomass. Hence not sticking your skin in it.

Since humans are mostly made of water.

It still is physical absorption, just using a different method. I could find others, because they exist, but Boian resists physical absorption, yes.

Eh, I still believe 100% is above 75%, but okay. BTW, you were wondering who maintains the profiles?

Yeah, just in case I end up interacting with the verse again.

Coincidentally, they can resist being absorbed by the Gelatinous Cube. Granted, it does this slowly, but still, that's 100% evidence I guess.

Back