• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

I AM THAT HERO!: Izuku Midoriya VS Larry-Boy

I vote to Larry-Boy. Deku is 1.006x stronger than Larry-Boy, while Larry-Boy's LS is 1.02x higher than Deku, making their physical strength extremely close. The key is Larry-Boy's Sound Manipulation, Homing Attack and summoning the Larry-Mobile at any time [True Flight is better than Pseudo-Flight]. His Enhanced Sense is also helpful. Deku's Analytical Prediction, higher Stamina are his advantage but Homing Attack and True Flight is somewhat annoying.

I vote to Larry-Boy. Deku is 1.006x stronger than Larry-Boy, while Larry-Boy's LS is 1.02x higher than Deku, making their physical strength extremely close. The key is Larry-Boy's Sound Manipulation, Homing Attack and summoning the Larry-Mobile at any time [True Flight is better than Pseudo-Flight]. His Enhanced Sense is also helpful. Deku's Analytical Prediction, higher Stamina are his advantage but Homing Attack and True Flight is somewhat annoying.
is 1.006x coming from Deku's shockwaves? cause his punches are far above his shockwaves being baseline 8-B+ which is 55.5 tons and the Iron Soles Deku has accesses too give him double impact with his kicks putting him at a solid 96.44 (when doubled) Tons of TNT with his kicks, i could be wrong about the kicking stuff
I don't think sound Manipulation is useful enough as Deku is gonna keep fighting even if he uses it, his pain tolerance is amazing being able to survive and even ignoring the pain of his broken bones, he'll still keep fighting even if its active
How likely would Larry-boy even summon the Larry-Mobile for combat? his normal tactics are to restrain and incapacitate his adversaries with his super-suction ears and if he has to go defensive then he uses them for mobility and agility, even if he does Deku is able to create Tornados hundreds of meters in size which is easily going to hit the Larry-Mobile in the air

Last edited:
I would be sticking with Broadway Force. Deku doesn't resist it. I wish that power could argue further but it will at least stop Deku's intent to fight, and his intent to fight is what allows him to ignore pain.

I would be sticking with Broadway Force. Deku doesn't resist it. I wish that power could argue further but it will at least stop Deku's intent to fight, and his intent to fight is what allows him to ignore pain.
Larry-Boy wouldn't use Broadway Force in combat as he never has before (i could be wrong) and even if he does, its only sometimes since his normal tactics are to restrain and incapacitate his adversaries.

Last edited:
Also, "various other gadgets in his utility belt" may suggest much more potential of Larry-Boy.
since we don't know what he could use idk if thats a good point
i've disproven most of the other points as they are either out of character for larry-boy or Deku has a way around

Larry-Boy wouldn't use Broadway Force in combat as he never has before (i could be wrong) and even if he does, its only sometimes since his normal tactics are to restrain and incapacitate his adversaries.

Broadway Force is still an ability available to him.

Using Broadway Force for Larry-Boy, yes, isn’t going to be his 1st move, however, it’s more affected if it’s isn’t his first move, as Deku will build up more pain during the battle and wouldn’t suspect an ability like Broadway Force coming.

Broadway Force is still an ability available to him.

Using Broadway Force for Larry-Boy, yes, isn’t going to be his 1st move, however, it’s more affected if it’s isn’t his first move, as Deku will build up more pain during the battle and wouldn’t suspect an ability like Broadway Force coming.
Deku isn't going to be building up a lot of pain during the battle since he doesn't hurt himself at 20%
sound manipulation isn't really going to harm Deku as much as it would other people thanks to his pain tolerance and he knows about sound based quirks like Present mics
and most of the time Larry-Boy doesn't try to fight since his go-to strategy is to restrain and incapacitate

yes Deku isn't going to see it coming but since its extremely out of character for larry-boy to use, its far more likely Deku is going to get the drop on Larry-Boy before he uses it, Larry is rather oblivious and gullible at times Deku is great at taking advantage of opponents weaknesses so he could easily make Larry dodge one of his attacks then just grapple him with Blackwhip into one of his powerful punches which are far stronger then his shockwaves

Last edited:
Deku isn't going to be building up a lot of pain during the battle since he doesn't hurt himself at 20%

I meant from the battle.

sound manipulation isn't really going to harm Deku as much as it would other people thanks to his pain tolerance

Pain tolerance doesn’t prevent harm, just ignores it. In Deku’s case, it’s mindset, which Broadway Force negates.

sound manipulation isn't really going to harm Deku as much as it would other people thanks to his pain tolerance and he knows about sound based quirks like Present mics

Knowing an ability exists doesn’t mean he knows how to overcome it. That’s Batman levels of NLF. In a VS debate, has Deku overcome sound man

and most of the time Larry-Boy doesn't try to fight since his go-to strategy is to restrain and incapacitate

SBA is willing to kill, or else we can never have pacifist fight. Larry starts with restrain but it’s dumb to assume he wouldn’t use more damaging methods once the restraints fail.

The rest I have little qualms with the assessment, but I’ve been in enough vs debates with the character when they wank some of Deku’s abilities in comparison to his opponents.

I want to note I haven’t seen Larry Boy since I was a kid(the movies).

I meant from the battle.
Deku has far higher Durability being able to withstand his own punches at 20% which is 55.5 tons and Pain Tolerance which is going to allow him to ignore the pain, Larry-Boy is as i've stated is oblivious and gullible at times its going to be to late for him to start dancing once Deku gets a hold of him with say Blackwhip or just a massive AOE Air Pressure
Pain tolerance doesn’t prevent harm, just ignores it. In Deku’s case, it’s mindset, which Broadway Force negates.
ik that but what about his strong willpower that allowed him to overcome Shinso's Brainwashing? shouldn't that allow him to overcome the Broadway force if he uses it? even then its super unlikely Larry would before he gets beaten down
Knowing an ability exists doesn’t mean he knows how to overcome it. That’s Batman levels of NLF. In a VS debate, has Deku overcome sound man
that's not what I meant, I mean he has seen these types of abilities before and saw how his fellow classmate, Jirou could held themback for a couple seconds before she got overwhelmed, whats so say Deku couldn't try what she did with Air Pressure
SBA is willing to kill, or else we can never have pacifist fight. Larry starts with restrain but it’s dumb to assume he wouldn’t use more damaging methods once the restraints fail.

The rest I have little qualms with the assessment, but I’ve been in enough vs debates with the character when they wank some of Deku’s abilities in comparison to his opponents.

I want to note I haven’t seen Larry Boy since I was a kid(the movies).
if the restraints fail then Larry-Boy would try more damaging methods but since Broadway force is something Larry-Boy wouldn't do unless he has to
its far more likely that Deku beats Larry-Boy down before Broadway Force happens

Deku has far higher Durability being able to withstand his own punches at 20% which is 55.5 tons and Pain Tolerance which is going to allow him to ignore the pain, Larry-Boy is as i've stated is oblivious and gullible at times its going to be to late for him to start dancing once Deku gets a hold of him with say Blackwhip or just a massive AOE Air Pressure

Larry is one of the under privilege profiles without gifs for their abilities Why does he have to move? Broadway Force starts when the user sings and Deku hasn't covered his oppentents mouths nor why would he cover his ears when his opponent randomly starts singing. Even if he did(which I don't remember him doing), he would do it with a purpose.

If we agree Broadway Force isn't Larry's first move, there is nothing for Deku to prepare for it.

ik that but what about his strong willpower that allowed him to overcome Shinso's Brainwashing? shouldn't that allow him to overcome the Broadway force if he uses it? even then its super unlikely Larry would before he gets beaten down

Thing is, Broadway Force is not consider Mind Manipulation. It's weird, sure, it influences as anyone else who hears a catchy music on the radio or in a video game but the wiki considers it "a far more stable variation of Toonforce".

But even if it's considered Mind Manipulation, Deku's resistance still stopped Deku, interrupting his mindset on each occasion, evidence to controlling the Black Whip for the first time. It's his mindset which enables Deku to have pain tolerance.

whats so say Deku couldn't try what she did with Air Pressure

Broadway Force isn't considered an attack. Even in a verse battle setting, it's close to impossible to argue certain characters with broadway force could make someone, say, walk into lava, since it's not considered Mind Control. It forces people to sing and possibly dance but not make them empty out their wallets. Unless you're the Music Meister but he was legit brainwashing people.

if the restraints fail then Larry-Boy would try more damaging methods but since Broadway force is something Larry-Boy wouldn't do unless he has to
its far more likely that Deku beats Larry-Boy down before Broadway Force happens

Fair. I'll still keep my vote for Larry Boy for pulling out Broadway Force, depending how long the match goes.

"Far likely". I don't see much evidence in Deku's character for it to be "far likely", since Larry Boy isn't a villain and Deku gets more worked up facing a villain than another hero like Larry Boy. But I can agree with possibly likely being more fitting.

Fair. I'll still keep my vote for Larry Boy for pulling out Broadway Force, depending how long the match goes.

"Far likely". I don't see much evidence in Deku's character for it to be "far likely", since Larry Boy isn't a villain and Deku gets more worked up facing a villain than another hero like Larry Boy. But I can agree with possibly likely being more fitting.
Deku has fought other Hero's before like his classmate Katsuki Bakugou, although he didn't wanna fight at first once he realized Bakugou was being serious he didn't hold back (Deku vs Bakugo | My Hero Academia)

Deku doesn't know who Larry-Boy is, so if Larry-Boy just randomly attacked Deku then he'll assume he's a villain of some sort
even then SBA states "State of mind: In character, but willing to kill." and "must be willing to kill the opponent even if they usually won't." Deku wouldn't usually kill another hero but with what SBA states it doesn't matter

Deku has fought other Hero's before like his classmate Katsuki Bakugou,

Bakugou isn’t the only hero Deku fought. The License Exam is also another example of Deku not willingly to go all out in the beginning, even when he was being attacked by a disguised Toga.

Deku doesn't know who Larry-Boy is, so if Larry-Boy just randomly attacked Deku then he'll assume he's a villain

Who is attacking who first? This sounds important.

Who is attacking who first? This sounds important.
given the fight takes place in Bumblyburg and what I said, Larry-boy is the first attacking
even then Deku doesn't know who Larry-Boy is, so idk why he'd assume Larry-Boy is another Hero like say All Might, Endeavor, Aizawa, etc
and the fact SBA already means Deku is willing to Kill even when he wouldn't

And Bump

Back