• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

I am Jesus Christ Verse Addition

Would you stop mentioning verses that we don't even have in the first place as examples, they are dubious and you can't prove they would be accepted beyond personal believe.

Either you could prove they would be accepted by succefully adding them first hand.

Or you could show me verses exactly like I Am Jesus that are accepted here, not some series that use merely abrahamic concepts, but a literal retelling of it with some negiglible differences.

Would you stop mentioning verses that we don't even have in the first place as examples, they are dubious and you can't prove they would be accepted beyond personal believe.

Either you could prove they would be accepted by succefully adding them first hand.

Or you could show me verses exactly like I Am Jesus that are accepted here, not some series that use merely abrahamic concepts, but a literal retelling of it with some negiglible differences.
Most retellings aren’t on the Wiki because they aren’t focused on combat, therefore having profiles would be pretty pointless and not allowed as a result. I can assure you that if someone decided to make a profile for Moses from Exodus Gods and Kings that it would be completely allowed. It’s basically an action movie set in Biblical times.

Btw you say “negligible differences” but Jesus shooting lasers at Satan is absolutely not a negligible difference. Like hell I wouldn’t be surprised if Religions found that offensive.

Tho truthfully i don't see why having jesus as the main character should he treated differently then him being a side character "shrugs"
A side character leads to less controvery, Record of Ragnarok directly shows Jesus, but he is at most a cameo, you can whatever you want about verse without touching the character all possible controversies that comes with it.

Tho, is also worth mentioning that the same series also showed Shiva, and while he's representation was very innacurated and is only a main character through a single arc of the story, the participation was enough for him several forms of censorship in india.

Or
A side character leads to less controvery, Record of Ragnarok directly shows Jesus, but he is at most a cameo, you can whatever you want about verse without touching the character all possible controversies that comes with it.

Tho, is also worth mentioning that the same series also showed Shiva, and while he's representation was very innacurated and is only a main character through a single arc of the story, the participation was enough for him several forms of censorship in india.
So? A minor appearance or a side character representing a deity that is currently worshipped is no different from the main character being a real deity being worshipped.

Neither are the real deity and are only fictional characters. Not the real deity.

Most retellings aren’t on the Wiki because they aren’t focused on combat, therefore having profiles would be pretty pointless and not allowed as a result. I can assure you that if someone decided to make a profile for Moses from Exodus Gods and Kings that it would be completely allowed. It’s basically an action movie set in Biblical times.

Btw you say “negligible differences” but Jesus shooting lasers at Satan is absolutely not a negligible difference. Like hell I wouldn’t be surprised if Religions found that offensive.
And is I am Jesus combat focused according to you? I mean the fight with Satan is there, but the game doesn't seem to be focused on that, is a retell of his tale in which you can use his powers of curation and transmutation to produce miracles.

Or

So? A minor appearance or a side character representing a deity that is currently worshipped is no different from the main character being a real deity being worshipped.

Neither are the real deity and are only fictional characters. Not the real deity.
Nico through out the entire conversation I haven't argue against the idea that they are adaptations of the characters...

Whether they are the real deity or not haven't stopped people in real life to go up arms. I mean you just said yourself that Jesus' powers in game would offend his believers, and he is just fictional adaptation.

Nico through out the entire conversation I haven't argue against the idea that they are adaptations of the characters...

Whether they are the real deity or not haven't stopped people in real life to go up arms. I mean you just said yourself that Jesus' powers in game would offend his believers.
If you're admitting it's not a biblically accurate retelling then what even is your argument against it? Because we clearly allow inaccurate fictional depictions of religious figures, which is what this game appears to be.

And is I am Jesus combat focused according to you? I mean the fight with Satan is there, but the game doesn't seem to be focused on that, is a retell of his tale in which you can use his powers of curation and transmutation to produce miracles.
More than other verses on the Wiki I’d argue. Like SpongeBob or Phineas and Ferb.

"I Am Jesus Christ: PROLOGUE is a stand-alone game and the introduction to the full version of I Am Jesus Christ. Walk in the footsteps of Jesus in this incredible first-person retelling of the story of Christ from birth to resurrection. Become the Messiah in ‘I Am Jesus Christ."

also, the game is like, 10 hours of gameplay and has the retelling of 30 miracles.

no

If you're admitting it's not a biblically accurate retelling then what even is your argument against it? Because we clearly allow inaccurate fictional depictions of religious figures, which is what this game appears to be.
No, I'm just repeating what Nico said about the offenses.
I have the opinion that the game in question, while making some liberties of the Old Testament when it comes to gameplay and content, they don't come as distinguisheble enough to not cause controversy.

No, I'm just repeating what Nico said and the offenses.
I have the opinion that the game in question, while making some liberties of the Old Testament when to gameplay and content, they don't come as distinguisheble enough to not cause controversy.
If your argument is controversy then we should delete all verses and profiles that directly insult or disrespect religions. Again His Dark Materials which fun fact was directly boycotted by the Catholic Church when The Golden Compass came out.

Or how about we delete the Supernatural verse? God in that verse is bisexual which would NEVER be accepted Christianity and would be insulting to the Religion.

Okay, first of all, why I can't use any of the options in the upper portion of my comment? I can't bold, and use italic, and most importantly I can't quote specific text which I need for organization.

Also, Nico, could you at least make the mininal effort to condensate all your points into a single comment instead of sporadically making replies with short, single paragraph sentences? It makes my part easier.

And the fact that Jesus literally cleanse the area surrounding lake galilea from satan influence by destroying something called dark gem should make this incorrect adaptations right?

Okay, first of all, why I can't use any of the options in the upper portion of my comment? I can't bold, and use italic, and most importantly I can't quote specific text which I need for organization.

Also, Nico, could you at least make the mininal effort to condensate all your points into a single comment instead of sporadically making replies with short, single paragraph sentences? It makes my part easier.
I’ll try to do that.

Personally, I do feel this stretches over the limit of what we would use in Versus Debating. The way I see this game is just the story of Jesus Christ with some gameplay elements not found in the Bible in order to spice the game up. Just my two cents.

Okay, I can work.

More than other verses on the Wiki I’d argue. Like SpongeBob or Phineas and Ferb.
Okay, but I wouldn't compare these TVs, while they are not combat oriented (Tho they do have some games in which combat is main part of the gameplay) they are not under the scrunity of using controversial religios figures which is the main factor in this discussion (And for the love of God, don't talk King Neptune and Poseidon as I get the feeling you will).

If your argument is controversy then we should delete all verses and profiles that directly insult or disrespect religions. Again His Dark Materials which fun fact was directly boycotted by the Catholic Church when The Golden Compass came out.
Or how about we delete the Supernatural verse? God in that verse is bisexual which would NEVER be accepted Christianity and would be insulting to the Religion.
This goes back to the other points I made earlier.

For one, most of the abrahamic representations in fiction that we have as profile are not the main protagonist of those intellectual properties, Megami Tensei is not a problem for having certain profiles of figures such as Satan or Lucifer because the entire series doesn't revolve around those concepts, is a macross crossover of sorts with several mythologies and folklore that are interconnect to original game concepts.
A good chunk of lucifers and satan in animes are also just there in name alone aswell.

I can't speak of Dark Material, I have heard that heavily critics the religion, but that the story is not a simple retelling of the bible and that is actually fantasy world with original concepts that builds up from the religion.

And the fact that Jesus literally cleanse the area surrounding lake galilea from satan influence by destroying something called dark gem should make this incorrect adaptations right?
Yeah, but how much of the accurate content is part of the game? Because if the story is quite fundamentally different to how Jesus was conceived all the way to his reincarnation then I will change my mind.

Those examples are absolutely pointless to make Nico, we don't list a single one of those, and we wouldn't do it for the exact same reasons.

How being a open world game complety cancel out the fact that we are still playing out as a very important figure in current religion.
This game had Dinosaurs in the intro as God creation while Bible god never create Dinosaur.
Bible only had Garden of Eden & Modern day animals after 7 day of world creation.
Mammoth & sabertooth tiger etc. dont even exist (No stone age or ice age)
but we can assume that those dinosaur & mammoth are part of god creation in this game even evolution were part of this game.

Okay, I can work.

Okay, but I wouldn't compare these TVs, while they are not combat oriented (Tho they do have some games in which combat is main part of the gameplay) they are not under the scrunity of using controversial religios figures which is the main factor in this discussion (And for the love of God, don't talk King Neptune and Poseidon as I get the feeling you will).

This goes back to the other points I made earlier.

Yeah, but how much of the accurate content is part of the game? Because if the story is quite fundamentally different to how Jesus was conceived all the way to his reincarnation then I will change my mind.
I don’t think it matters at all whether it’s a retelling or not, it’s a fictional take. We have never banned a verse for being religious in nature; we have only banned making verses of Religions themselves.

Hey give me credit here I wouldn’t bring up Poseidon in SpongeBob as an argument…..

Because we never had something like this before, His Dark Materials is not a retell, nor tries to be positively faithful about it, nor solely revolves around it, neither is Shin Megami Tensei, or the Fate Saga, or Supernatural, or Marvel and DC Comics. We can cut them some slack because they take a lot of loopholes.
This is fundamentally different, not merely because of the fact it falls into the above categories, but it specifically protagonised by Son of God himself.

In my honest opinion, I think this deserves more discussion, not a simple pass.

I was asked to lock this thread due to its religious content. Should I do so?

I was asked to lock this thread due to its religious content. Should I do so?
No, most here seem to agree it doesn't count, only one person has been vocally against, but they were not a mod and agreed it should be a discussion rather then just the blanket no they were proposing before

(A mod has sense said this would probably be allowed to be made)

Last edited:
Some even try to Stupidity Claim about Dinosaur exist in the Bible (Guys pls watch)

Fallen angels really?!! (I am christian too i can confirm this is stupidity claim)

What all hax and feats does this game have?

I hope Jesus and the devil have a full-on Asura's Wrath battle
Attack reflection, astral projection, pocket dimension, light manipulation and superhuman stamina (Jesus survived for 40 days without eating anything, then proceed to fight Satan in the 40th day) for Jesus. Corruption, dark manipulation, unholy manipulation, flight and disease manipulation for Satan. Low 2-C God with abstract existence (John1:1).

And this is only taking feats from the prologue, Allah knows what we will get in the full game.

Back