• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

XSOULOFCINDERX

They/Them
This is the Mordant Hydra being used, Speed is Equalized and the fight takes place in a swamp large enough for both to be comfortable in.

Mordant got buffed, resetting the votes.

Hydra :

Hydra Queen : 5

Incon :

Last edited:
Hydra Queen is type 2 size, whereas Mordant Hydra is type 0. Mordant also appears to have the AP advantage, but Queen Hydra has a glaring range and size advantage.

My question is how does Mordant's acid spit interact with regen?

Last edited:
Acid could serve to slow or abate it simply by right of being a constant burn on the body, yeah.

Queen Hydra is slightly stronger at 0.71 tons of TNT vs 0.57 tons of TNT for the Mordant (albeit upscaling).

I think that Large Size may be the most notable factor here- the Mordant can overcome the higher dura via acid to an extent but at the end of the day the Queen Hydra just has way better ability to hurt him than he has to hurt her; combined with her access to an AoE (fire breath) I think she's got it.

Men, this most be one of the Anima profiles that have not been updated since its creation, it left much to be desired.

Either way, its overall capabilities would not change that much, except it also have enhanced senses (not a factor here), social influencing (not a factor as well) and that its LS may increase to 2500 tons momentary (generally not combat applicable).

That being said, even if acid decrease the regeneration capability (assuming it works as fire in Anima, as fire based damage halven the natural healing rate) the secondary heads regrows independent of its healing factor. The queen is also more intelligent, having an human level intellect and even having a History skill level of 20 (that is not particulary high, but it knows more about history than your average peasant).

Likewise, I see the queen hydra winning more often.

Homie got one (1) finished hydra thread and then upgraded it, self-destructive tendencies at their finest

I'm still inclined to believe Queen Hydra might have this. I'd like to ask exactly how many heads she has, @Antoniofer, as I find myself considering this to be maybe the biggest factor since action economy.

Hydra Queen have one main head that is surrounded by other 7 minor ones; however, its lore also says that it can have between 7 and 8 secondary heads. The Queen Hydra's sheet grants her 7 secondary heads, but I guess OP can choose to give her 8 secondary heads if he wants to.

The difference is minor, I think.

With seven heads of not-substantially weaker AP and a huge range advantage (which can be capitalized on better due to each head having its own neck- she can literally flank enemies on her own) I would still vote for the Hydra Queen.

Y'had grace and then had to go ahead and start doing things like "upgrading" to "proper scaling points" smh

Y'had grace and then had to go ahead and start doing things like "upgrading" to "proper scaling points" smh
I'm not sorry for fixing such a badass creature, especially when I technically made this match more fair by buffing the Hydra anyways.

Back