• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

HxH Upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apologies if this is a sloppy layout its my first forum post

For a long time now I've thought that the high and top tiers of the hxh verse need to be re-scaled

Case and point: Meruem
The wiki states he is only low 7-C in his base form which is wrong for many reasons.
But the main reason I believe he should be higher is because of this:https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:TataHakai/Revisiting_HxH_2.0#comm-973966

This occurs after Meruem gets a power-up via absorption of 2 of his royal guards and is accepted by the wiki. However Meruem's ability of aura synthesis simply takes aura he devours and adds it to his own; it does NOT multiply it. So from him to go from low 7-C to low 7-B (An increase more than a hundredfold)
frankly makes no sense.

So by using the post-rose feat to scale pre-rose Meruem I got at bare minimum high 7-C for pre-rose Meruem

How did I get that?
If we lowball Meruem to being the same strength as his two royal guards (which he's not) he could of at most gotten 2 times stronger. And if we simply divide that 1.46 megaton feat by 3 we get 486 kilotons of tnt or high 7-C.
Keep in mind this is an extreme lowball because it assumes he is the same strength of his royal guards and that he absorbs all of their power; both of which are not true.

Last edited:
I'm not familiar with the series, but fiction tends to be very inconsistent with its multipliers so having form 2 being many times stronger than form 1 really isn't uncommon. A lot of characters jump from 7-B to Low 2-C just for having a transformation.

I'm not familiar with the series, but fiction tends to be very inconsistent with its multipliers so having form 2 being many times stronger than form 1 really isn't uncommon. A lot of characters jump from 7-B to Low 2-C just for having a transformation.
Yes, but Togashi has always kept hxh at a reasonable level in terms of powerups. He makes them make sense, plus the kings ability is just to absorb not multiply the nen he ingests. So the hundredfold increase in this case doesn't make sense

There is already an ongoing HxH (Hiatus x Hiatus) CRT, and scaling is being discussed there:
You are welcome to join in.

It seems Youpi's feats are 8-A and falls short of Tier 7, so a downgrade is very possible.

A point about Post-Rose Meruem is that not only did he absorb Youpi's abilities, but he outskills him to a ridiculous degree. So what Meruem demonstrated was a Rage Blast at its full potential, rather than the uncontrolled bursts of power Youpi does. So a strict ~x2 multiplier need not happen. Hatsu can also be many times stronger than durability, as shown by Gon's Rock.

There is already an ongoing HxH (Hiatus x Hiatus) CRT, and scaling is being discussed there:
You are welcome to join in.

It seems Youpi's feats are 8-A and falls short of Tier 7, so a downgrade is very possible.

A point about Post-Rose Meruem is that not only did he absorb Youpi's abilities, but he outskills him to a ridiculous degree. So what Meruem demonstrated was a Rage Blast at its full potential, rather than the uncontrolled bursts of power Youpi does. So a strict ~x2 multiplier need not happen. Hatsu can also be many times stronger than durability, as shown by Gon's Rock.
Not necessarily Hatsu is an expression of your Nen your way and doesn't multiply unless your Hatsu is literally a Ko punch (Which Gons is) which specifically enhances aura.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back