• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Humanity's fear of control Vs Humanity's fear of eachother (Makima Vs Mahito) (0-0-0)

Not a big deal, but I'd like to note that while starting 4km away from Makima gives her an advantage due to her better range, Mahito can change forms to amp his speed. By changing his legs to be that of a deer (or some animal with legs like a dear anyway...), he was able to perception blitz Nanami (Whom he was equal/relative to) from across a room and then easily back away before Nanami could land a strike:
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg

So closing that gap would be feasible. Especially with his overall trickery and mobility.

Such as flight which can be used to outpace the combat speed of characters relative to him:
10.jpg
11.jpg
12.jpg

Among various other things he can do like split himself up or summon relatively strong flesh creatures to distract her, shrink, etc.

Not saying he wins of course. Just that the 4km gap might able to be overcome. If not, I'd prolly recommend to make them closer to Mahito's effective range so he can at least attempt something.

Jogo was exposed for quite some time to unlimited void and he still recovered just fine.
Going by anime he gets hit by at 14:35 and it stops 16:00. That's 1.42mins. But still once halloween happens they can't even move so them being able to recover doesn't matter, they recovered because Gojo stops it, Halloween won't be stopped. Halloween sends the total understanding of the universe, Gojo keeps sending info and Gege clarifies that what Jogo is seeing is actually not everything but one continuous flooding of a thing and that it only feels like he can see/feel everything

Going by anime he gets hit by at 14:35 and it stops 16:00. That's 1.42mins. But still once halloween happens they can't even move so them being able to recover doesn't matter, they recovered because Gojo stops it, Halloween won't be stopped. Halloween sends the total understanding of the universe, Gojo keeps sending info and Gege clarifies that what Jogo is seeing is actually not everything but one continuous flooding of a thing and that it only feels like he can see/feel everything
Not a big deal, but I dunno if the anime timeframe is prolly an accurate display of how long he was exposed. Anime made it a lot more dramatic. And considering 0.2 seconds left them comatose for roughly 5 minutes. Jogo would be prolly be ****** if he were exposed that long. At bare minimum, he'd have been paralyzed for 35 hours, at most 42 hours (Depending on if you meant 1.42 minutes or 1 minute and 42 seconds) assuming it didn't outright killed him. But based on Gojo's statement, the Domain wouldn't have issues killing him.

Not disagreeing with Cosmo affecting them btw, I think it works. Granted, Makima never used them, so it's not even close to being in-character. They'd def resort to it at some point though.

Yeah voting Makima here. Mahito's range just isn't good enough to get his win con and she can just create distance with Bang

I don't recall Makima blasting someone into space being a starting move. Usually they lead with something else. And are even reckless due to the fact they can recover from most attacks. That said, I wonder if Mahito can just outright remove Makima's contract to transfer damage she receives to other people. Why? Because he was able to undo Kokichi's Heavenly Restriction. Which is Law Manipulation placed on oneself that provides a benefit, but also a downside (In the case of Kokichi, it became impossible for him to go outside, but was granted a huge surplus of Cursed Energy). Essentially just the "Contract" of the JJK world.
ny3buf1p4ly71.png

So rather than removing Kokichi's "Contract" of surplus Cursed Energy in exchange for a sickly body, he'd remove Makima's contract to transfer damage to other people. Or at the very least, it'd just bypass it given the extent Mahito's ability works on which Makima hasn't shown to cover with her contract.

Personally, the way I see it going is Makima trying to gore Mahito (Likely with a TK blast like what she did to Power), he closes in for an attack, Makima allows it thinking nothing bad will happen, only to be transfigured and killed.

Though I do have the question of if equalizing verses would even allow Makima to perceive Mahito. Normal humans in JJK don't have the ability to see or affect Curses. And I don't see why Makima would be treated as a Sorcerer or Window in a verse equalized setting... Just a human with binding vows.

Because he was able to undo Kokichi's Heavenly Restriction. Which is Law Manipulation placed on oneself that provides a benefit, but also a downside (In the case of Kokichi, it became impossible for him to go outside, but was granted a huge surplus of Cursed Energy).
Mahito broke the Binding Vow by removing Mechamaru's trade-off (his disabled body), therefore he lost the benefit, he didn't actually manipulate the Heavenly Restriction (law manipulation), the Heavenly Restriction's effect acted exactly as it should.

Mahito broke the Binding Vow by removing Mechamaru's trade-off (his disabled body), therefore he lost the benefit, he didn't actually manipulate the Heavenly Restriction (law manipulation), the Heavenly Restriction's effect acted exactly as it should.
Are we told that in a guide or smth? I feel if that were the case, the Heavenly Restriction would just revert his body back to normal via law manip as it did to him at birth.

Are we told that in a guide or smth? I feel if that were the case, the Heavenly Restriction would just revert his body back to normal via law manip as it did to him at birth.
It's in the scans you sent; breaking a Binding Vow with onself is the phrase used. Mechamaru's Vow granted him immense CE at the cost of a disabled body. If he were to become abled by some means, erasing his payment, he would lose the benefit as said Binding Vow is now broken.

It's in the scans you sent; breaking a Binding Vow with onself is the phrase used. Mechamaru's Vow granted him immense CE at the cost of a disabled body. If he were to become abled by some means, erasing his payment, he would lose the benefit as said Binding Vow is now broken.
Yeah, that seems fair. I had just interpreted it as Mahito breaking the Bind Vow in and of itself with Idle Transfiguration.

Back