• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Huge Black Panther Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Confluctor

VS Battles
Retired
I wonder why this hasn't be done yet. But I am proposing an upgrade for Black Panther; 8-C, Higher as King of the Dead. Up to 4B with Prep time and technology.

Its very consistent with him to hurt some really powerful individuals when prepared. Some including:
  • Versus Iron Man - Black Panther Vol 3 45
  • Fights Cho Hulk, but gradually loses. However, he was overpowering him for most of the fight - Totally Awesome Hulk Vol 1 10 - 11
  • Studies Mephisto for a long time and creates a situation where he is weak, then defeats him - Black Panther Vol 3 4
  • Has a contingency plan in place in case Galactus attacks - Black Panther Vol 3 14
  • Creates a dagger to harm Anti-Man, but it doesn't work because he has gained a greater/different power than before - The Ultimates 2 Vol 2 1
  • Fights Namor - Black Panther Vol 3 28
  • Verus Magneto - Black Panther Vol 3 48
  • Vs Immortal Hulk - Immortal Hulk Vol 1 7 and 47

Btw, the immortal Hulk in issue 47 is far above his 5A key. He is literally fighting current Thor from Cates run.

Last edited:
...honestly this looks 5-A, you can very well just outhax Galactus like Doom has

Yeah, the majority of these should be 5-A. He had to weaken Mephisto, Cho didn’t even want to fight, and most of the other examples aren’t 4-Bs.

Nah, every 4-B he's taking down either has a 5-A form, or he's probably able to hax

Thanks.

I am working on a DC revision and Molecule Man atm, so I might get to this at a later date.

Well, the Hulk is currently illogically written in a manner so it is consistently comparatively very easy to harm him severely, but he heals quickly afterwards, and in addition the Black Panther is likely the biggest embodiment of Gary Stu plot-induced stupidity that Marvel has at the moment, given that he took down a Low 1-A entity when handled by the same writer (Al Ewing). The Panther also somehow did better against the Hulk than skyfather Thor (who is currently rated as 2-A) in the latest Immortal Hulk story, so yes, there is an ongoing completely irrational bias going on from this writer and others.

That said, I think that other examples of the Black Panther being 5-A to 4-B with preparation time seem consistent enough to qualify.

I can't really disagree with you there honestly... Its really disappointing.

But yeah, I suppose 5A works unless I find something different from 4B tier.

Also, is anybody else disturbed by the fact that the Panther has been written in a way so the Avengers first attacked and killed the Hulk, and left his body to a shady government organisation who cut it up and put it in jars. Then the Panther and his teammates attacked again, the Panther cut Hulk's eyes out, cut off his arm, and put a spear through his heart, with him and the Avengers being the instigators of the conflicts both times. If the opposite had happened, nobody would have considered the Hulk something other than an evil villain for doing so.

I really liked Christopher Priest's version of the Black Panther, but nowadays he seems to be written as a murderous, imperialistic, massive Gary Stu. That is not a positive development in my view.

Last edited:
Yeah I remember seeing that when it first happened and went "wtf". The avengers really aren't that different from villains these days sadly.

And agreed with Panther's regression. It's really disappointing to see that everything he was is just pretty much gone. I just hope the next writer somehow fixes this.

Yes, he used to be a highly methodically prepared and ridiculously intelligent and resourceful individual, but also very righteous and moral most of the time, but now he is written more as a remorseless power trip. I do not like it at all. Priest's Black Panther run was amazing, and turned the character into one of my favourites, but nowadays I am really disappointed.

I suppose the Immortal Hulk feats can be left aside, based on what you said earlier. But the others are fine for 5A rating, right?

So, can I edit the profile or should I wait for more approval?

Also for the note... My grammar is pretty crap, so could use some help with this. A basic idea for his profile;
Up 5-A with preparations and technology (Capable of harming Cho Hulk, Namor, Iron Man, tampered with the magnetic fields of Earth to fight Magneto, and depowered Mephisto after severing his connection with his dimension.)

"Capable of harming the Hulk, Namor and Iron Man"

Rest don't really make sense to list as an AP justification

Quick thing, should we write a note about his feats from Immortal Hulk?

Also, can the page be unlocked?

...not even a note about it, just because Caites run is dumb doesn't mean the entire verse loses 70 IQ points. At best you should write a note about it in Thor's file, not every file that scales instead

...not even a note about it, just because Caites run is dumb doesn't mean the entire verse loses 70 IQ points. At best you should write a note about it in Thor's file, not every file that scales instead
Well, Coates' run allegedly portrays the Panther as a hardcore imperialist, and Ewing in particular is consistently treating him as the biggest Gary Stu in existence.

It could be worse though. Hickman has apparently turned the X-Men into a bunch of fundamentalist supremacists, which is an awful lesson to teach the readers.

Anyway, I will unlock the Panther page. Tell me here when you are done.

Yes. I noticed afterwards and edited my post.

I have finished editing the page. I also fixed 3 minor spelling mistakes. Magneto's name was misspelled as "Magento". Also capitalized the first letter of Vibranium in the notes section and Skrull in P&A section.

Just making sure you know so I don't get in trouble or something.

No problem. Thank you for helping out.

Impress, do you wish to make any modifications to the page, or should I close it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back