• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

How to become staff

Status
Not open for further replies.
The easiest way to explain it is that there's a candidate selection process.

Higher-up staff in the community, particularly bureaucrats, keep an eye out for users who are very productive in certain areas. Perhaps one user demonstrates being consistently civil and good at managing heated threads, or another is very consistent and helpful with profile creation and editing. The former might be put up as a candidate for a thread moderator, and the latter might be put up as a candidate for a content moderator. Alternatively, recommendations can be made directly to the bureaucrats by effectively anyone if they wish to make a case for considering a certain candidate for a position - you can even recommend yourself, if you would like.

In my own case, back in the day, I was often involved in helping out with issues on the rule violations reports, and certain staff members thought I was helpful at mediating conflicts. So I was put up as a candidate for a thread moderator.

When this happens, an occasional 'staff drive' is sent out to all active staff members to get input on the candidates suggested. We'll privately express our opinions on certain candidates if we know them, and the matter is sorted to the bureaucrats for a final verdict. If the final conclusion is positive, the member will be contacted to ask them if they would be interested in taking on their proposed staff position, and if they are, they'll receive their promotion in the coming announcement.

That's the outline of the process.

While, it's not always a good idea to just randomly ask to be staff. I know that's not what's going, and simply asking for clarifications; more specifically we had people try to beg for staff promotions before is the reason why many find it ill advised.

But DarkGrath basically laid out everything needed for the explanation yes.

While, it's not always a good idea to just randomly ask to be staff. I know that's not what's going, and simply asking for clarifications; more specifically we had people try to beg for staff promotions before is the reason why many find it ill advised.

But DarkGrath basically laid out everything needed for the explanation yes.
I see, thanks for the input. This honestly looks hard to get but its worth a try🤷‍♂️

You could go the boring route of being a good member, being civil in debates even when they become heated in order to become a thread moderator. Or help with profiles consistently to become a content moderator, and all that kind of stuff.

Or you can go the Chad route and hold one of the bureaucrats hostage and ask for staff roles. @Agnaa did that, and look at him now, got so many colors in his name like a god damn rainbow.

You could go the boring route of being a good member, being civil in debates even when they become heated in order to become a thread moderator. Or help with profiles consistently to become a content moderator, and all that kind of stuff.

Or you can go the Chad route and hold one of the bureaucrats hostage and ask for staff roles. @Agnaa did that, and look at him now, got so many colors in his name like a god damn rainbow.
The Chad route looks good
Time to be active in Ben 10 and GOW threads and more civil in Ninjago ones🤷‍♂️

Higher-up staff in the community, particularly bureaucrats, keep an eye out for users who are very productive in certain areas. Perhaps one user demonstrates being consistently civil and good at managing heated threads, or another is very consistent and helpful with profile creation and editing. The former might be put up as a candidate for a thread moderator, and the latter might be put up as a candidate for a content moderator. Alternatively, recommendations can be made directly to the bureaucrats by effectively anyone if they wish to make a case for considering a certain candidate for a position - you can even recommend yourself, if you would like.

In my own case, back in the day, I was often involved in helping out with issues on the rule violations reports, and certain staff members thought I was helpful at mediating conflicts. So I was put up as a candidate for a thread moderator.

When this happens, an occasional 'staff drive' is sent out to all active staff members to get input on the candidates suggested. We'll privately express our opinions on certain candidates if we know them, and the matter is sorted to the bureaucrats for a final verdict. If the final conclusion is positive, the member will be contacted to ask them if they would be interested in taking on their proposed staff position, and if they are, they'll receive their promotion in the coming announcement.

I see now, thank you for the clarification

There will never be another Agnaa. That man was offered a hand but wanted the entire body and just kept pulling at the hand until he got it. It speaks volume on how much everyone memed when he finally accepted his stupid color tags.

There will never be another Agnaa. That man was offered a hand but wanted the entire body and just kept pulling at the hand until he got it. It speaks volume on how much everyone memed when he finally accepted his stupid color tags.
That's actually wild bro. I wasn't planning on doing something like that anyways tho

Okay but what if I said pretty please with a cherry on top?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back