• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

How powerful would you be if you have control over an ocean of knowledge that was said to flow across the universe and its dimensions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really sorry because I have asked this before but it still hasn't been answered until now, but I really want to know what tier a character would be if they can control/manipulate an ocean of knowledge/information that fills the entire universe from the Big Bang to the place where time folds into dimensions, they have enough control over this ocean to the point that they can fit it's entirety in a bucket.I made a profile about her the other day and I put her at 1-C possibly higher but it got deleted but thats understandable because it's incomplete and poorly made plus it's my first time making a profile.They only appeared in a 185 pages novel, The Ocean at The End of The Lane, it's one of my most favorite Neil Gaiman novel and I think they're one of the most powerful characters in Gaiman Novels not counting Sandman.

"The second thing I thought was I knew everything.Lettie Hempstock's ocean flowed inside me, and it filled the entire universe, from Egg to Rose.I knew that.I knew what Egg was--where the universe began, to the sound of 'uncreated voices singing in the void-and I knew where Rose was--the peculiar crinkling of space on space into dimensions that fold like origami and blossoms like strange orchids, and which would mark the last good time before the eventual end of everything and the next Big Bang, which would be, I knew now, nothing of the kind"

"I understood it just as i understood Dark Matter, the material of the universe that makes up everything that must be there but we cannot find.I find myself thinking of an ocean running beneath the whole universe, like the dark seawater that laps beneath the wooden boards of an old pier:an ocean that stretches from forever to forever and is still small enough to fit inside a bucket, if you have Old Mrs.Hempstock to help you get it in there, and you ask nicely"

"I saw the world I had walked since my birth and I understood how fragile it was, that the reality I knew was a thin layer of icing on a great dark birthday cake writhing with grubs and nightmares and hunger.I saw the world from above and below.I saw that there were patterns and gates and paths beyond the real.I saw all things and understood them and they filled me, just as the waters of the ocean filled me"

"I opened my mouth to tell her that nothing could kill me, not now, but she said "Not kill you.Destroy you.Dissolver you.You wouldn't die in here, nothing ever dies in here, but if you stayed here for too long, after a while just a little of you would exist everywhere, all spread out.And that's not a good thing.Never enough of you all together in one place, so there wouldn't be anything left that would think of itself as an 'I'.No point of view any longer, because you'd be an infinite sequence of views and points..."

"Lettie Hempstock looked like pale silk and candle flames.I wondered how I looked to here, in that place, and knew that even in a place that was nothing but knowledge that was the one thing I could not know.That if i looked inward I would see only infinite mirrors, staring into myself for eternity"

And they can summon Hunger Birds or "Varmints" who are deathly afraid of them and only messes with them because of some agreements,pacts and rules

"I thought that when they finished it they would go away, return to whenrever they had come from, but they did not.They descended.I tried to count them, as they landed, and I failed.I had thought that there were hundreds of them, but I might have been wrong. There might have been twenty of them.There might have been a thousand.I could not explain it: perhaps they were from a place where such things as counting didn't apply, somewhere outside of time and numbers"

"One of the hunger birds reached a shark beak down to the ground at its feet, and began to tear at it---not as a creature that eats earth and grass, but as if it were eating a curtain or a piece scenery with the world painted on it. Where it devoured grass, nothing remained--a perfect nothing, only a color that reminded me of gray, but a formless, pulsing grey like the shifting static of our television screen when you dislodged the aerial cord and the picture had gone completely"

Old Mrs Hempstock's said "Shall i bind you creatures in the heart of a darkstar, to feel your pain in a place where every fragment of a moment last a thousand years?shall I invoke the compacts of Creation, and have you all removed from the list of created things, so there never have been hunger birds and anything that wishes to traipse from world to world and can do it with impunity?"

I would really appreciate it if you could answer this questio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back