• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

How powerful is the average jedi?

Abu2411

He/Him
The star wars profile lists many notable jedi, but I can't find someone who is just an average jedi. What tier would they be in and generally how powerful would an average jedi be. How would they fair against say, space marines?

Damn, I'm not exactly sure. This site has profiles only for notable/impressive Jedi and Sith, like Jedi Masters/powerful Jedi knights and Dark Lords of the Sith/powerful Darths. This is all from what I've seen so far.

Average Jedi/Sith don't appear here because the average Force user is a featless nobody, and its hard to judge them when they are just background info at best. Virtually all Jedi/Sith profiles are High 6-A and above, so my best guess for the average Jedi or Sith in Legends is probably in the 7-A to 6-C range. The range including below average, average, and above average is likely 7-C (if not lower) to 6-B.

I don't know, you see Jedi getting killed by Blasters and the like. Heck, battle droids can take Jedi.

Depends on if its canon or legends. Legends Jedi/Sith are much more powerful than canon Force users by ridiculous amounts, but they can still be killed since without Force augmentation and powers, they are just regular humans/humanoids.

Jedi and Sith make mistakes just like any other person, and all it takes is just one moment of distraction or a poorly timed Force power and all of a sudden a blaster bolt hits you in the chest...or maybe a dozen...or maybe you get decapitated from another lightsaber. Thats why overwhelming numbers work well against Force users, it spreads out their concentration into having to do many things at once. Too much multi-tasking increases the chances of mistakes and mental lapses, which could result in death.

Don't forget that Jedi and Sith have a limited amount of stamina before they get too tired, and the power of plot devices/plot armour of main characters that allow them to kill Jedi or Sith

Thanks, I am currently discussiing on reddit if space marines are equal to or greater than jedi, and this helps.

I forgot to mention that in a battle between average Jedi/Sith (legends) and average space marines, Jedi stomp hard. they have lightsabers that cut through literally anything (they even cut through capital ship armor which can sustain many gigatons worth of turbolaser damage) as the plasma heat is likely at least tens of thousands of degrees Celcius (hell our modern tech today creates plasma cutters that can get as hot as 20,000+ degrees Celcius). That sword-shaped heat along with Force augmentation would decimate almost anything.

Then there's the Jedi/Sith force powers which are very hax. Force users are often ridiculous telepaths that can mentally dominate huge hordes of enemies, can use OP telekinesis to bypass any physical defences and crush organs (or crush the enemy entirely), along with others things like precognition, Force drain, Force slow/stun, force lightning etc. Their abilities are quite frankly broken as hell.

I don't see any relatively normal Space Marine surviving at all unless they have that ridiculous star-surviving ceramite armor.

Your average Space Marine definitely isn't comparable to a strong Legends Jedi. Average Marines are within the lower bounds of Tier 8 and get up to Tier 6 with really heavy weapons.

Of course, there are many, many exceptional Space Marines who scale to people with feats ranging from High 6-A to 5-A, but they aren't "average".

No comment on canon Jedi, as I know less about their overall power.

@Azzy

Specially in regards to speed. FTL Reactions for Marine are like something that scales only to the absolute greatest of them, while FTL Reactions in Star Wars Legends is like "Anyone worth a damn".

I would say that in-canon, they might be stronger than Kana or Ezra , because they weren't fully trained... and they are far below the tiers of several other people, like Obi-Wa for example.

Yeah, not an expert by any means but Ezra seems like a good point for an average Jedi to scale, unless i'm missing something.

Kanan was explicitly not qualified to be a Jedi Knight until the end of Season 2, and his 7-C feat was well before that.

So, that should tell you a lot.

But since when was being a jedi knight about power? For all we know you could whoop Count Dooku in a fight and the Jedi Council will still say no unless you truly master your emotions or something.

Also, A space marine should be able to kill the average jedi fairly easily as they have wall level durability.

Abu2411 said:
But since when was being a jedi knight about power? For all we know you could whoop Count Dooku in a fight and the Jedi Council will still say no unless you truly master your emotions or something.
This is true. There was a Padawan known as Eldra Kaitis who was able to give Phantom Menace Maul a good fight. This was the same Maul who went on to hold his own two-on-one against a High Councillor level Jedi Master and a Padawan ready to be knighted. Hell, Maul even noted that Eldra had strong Dark Side tendencies and could be his equal one day if she were to receive Sith training.

^ If anyone is wondering why some random Padawan is giving Maul a tough fight and has potential equal to his, I should clarify that Sidious arranged for the two to fight without Maul's knowledge. Regardless of who won, he would still have a decent hitman/hitwoman at his side. Sidious would benefit regardless.

Abu2411 said:
Also, A space marine should be able to kill the average jedi fairly easily as they have wall level durability.
Not sure which one you are referring to be wall level, but if that is the average space marine durability, then Jedi/Sith win just by looking at them. Remember that Force users can put up Force barriers around themselves to block/deflect attacks with the help of precog and Force enhanced reflexes, with some barriers being ridiculously powerful. This pretty much negates their squishy natural durability

Abu2411 said:
Hahaha, no

-Space Marine uses "PURGING BOLTER FIRE".

-It missed!

-Jedi uses "BIG ROCK TO THE FACE"

-It's super effective

-The Space Marine is rekt

I just don't know guys, your boy here is having an existential crisis I mean if BOBA FETT can kill Jedi then why can't a Space Marine? I am just so confused and I don't know what to do/

Abu2411 said:
I just don't know guys, your boy here is having an existential crisis I mean if BOBA FETT can kill Jedi then why can't a Space Marine? I am just so confused and I don't know what to do/
Boba Fett and any other bounty hunter/assassin with similar skill can only kill Jedi/Sith with extremely profound planning, the right equipment, a lot of luck and most importantly the element of surprise. These guys set up traps and do whatever they can to always catch the Jedi unprepared and unsuspecting, and the Fetts likely studied Jedi for countless hours as well.

I have never seen a bounty hunter or assassin go out of their way to fight a Jedi in purely open combat and announcing their presence beforehand, they always had some sort of deception or surprise factor put in somewhere. The only chance the average Space Marine has at defeating a Jedi or Sith is if they can come up with a very sought-out plan to catch a Jedi completely off-guard at the right moment, and use the right equipment and tactics at the right moment. Without this, the Space Marine get absolutely slaughtered.

Also the Space Marine knows jack shit about Jedi or the Force, so they'll likely get slaughtered before they even enact their plan.

Back