• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

How powerful are the Silmarils V.2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for attempting to clear this up VoidReaper.

Just a random comment; I find it more likely that the Silmarills and the Light of the Two Trees would weaken Carcharoth, and Ungoliant, rather then strengthening them. If I remember correctly, Carcharoth was boosted by the rage that resulted from the pain of the Silmaril burning him. I find it unlikely that an object would simultaneously attack and give power to another being. The same goes for Ungoliant. Though the Light of the Two Trees didn't burn her, I find it doubtful that a monster would be able to gain any significant power boost from something made by the Valar.

If I recall at least Ungoliant grew in size and certainly scared Morgoth. Carcharoth on the other hand, I agree that his burning and apparent rage would make him more dangerous.

Well, we need help from knowledgeable staff members to get anywhere.

Not beyond the people thst I mentioned previously. I suppose that I could ask Azathoth and The Everlasting again.

Okay. Thank you for the evaluation. Should this thread be closed then?

I am uncertain. I handle lots of different tasks, so I do not remember the specifics so well.

It does jot seem like this thread will ever lead anywhere. Sorry.

Perhaps I should close it?

I disagree with closing threads becuase it might take a while for them to conclude.

Someone will eventually comment, though you can unfollow this if you are too busy or do not feel you are knowledgeable enouh to make a call.

Before you do, what do you think of the Morgoth quote.

I am not asking approval or rejection, just your opinion.

"[Morgoth's] might was greatest of all things"

Though I understand if you are too busy, given the massive amount of contrabutions you have made.

We already know that Morgoth was originally the strongest of the Valar.

However, again, you can probably wait for months, and unless other staff members take an active interest, it will not lead anywhere.

I am refering to at the time of his fight with Fingolfin.

Bassically, is that quote sufficent to warrent even a weakened Morgoth being "At least 4-A, likely 3-B"

I do not know. The stories seems extremely inconsistent in terms of power levels.

Okay.

You can close this, if you feel like it.

If it is okay with you, I will make a revision thread for LOTR.

Also, I apologize if I am bothersome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back