• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

How much is 1,130 x 10^22 Joules in Tons of TNT?

I already tried to do that, but i don´t understand TNT and similar stuff, so it was kinda useless
Take converter, get the value for tnt
1 tons is one ton
1000 tons is a kiloton
1 000 000 tons is a megaton
1 billion tons is a gigaton
Then comes teraton, petaton, exaton, zettaton, yottaton, ronnaton and quettaton.
After that tons of tnt stop being relevant and we start using Foe

Dunno. I used a notation converter, then from joules to TNT and then this from TNT to Petatonnes. Dunno where I messed up myself tbh. Then agai. Its like 6 in the morning and Im barely awake atm

Uhhh ok so
2390057361376 tons
That's 2 teratons. You probably got petatons cause Justintools doesn't understand what "," is for some reason.

I believe the OP is posted in European numerals? Where commas are used as decimals?

If so, then StorytellingDemonking would probably be off by three digits and thus would be 2.70 Teratons which is Small Country level or Low 6-B.
Yes, this is correct

To convert from Joules to Tons of TNT, you divide the Joules value by 4.184 x 10^9 (which you can type as 4.184e+9)

Small Country level or Low 6-B.
Screenshot_2023-12-18-11-30-52-96_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Could've just seen the ap section fr.

1.13e+25 J or 2.7 petatons of TNT (6-A+, Continent level+)_
I was confused at first and that would be the American standard for numerals, but I think this was the European standard where they use commas instead of periods for decimals and periods instead are used between each 3 digit to separate thousands, millions, ect.

The international friendly calculator recommends not using commas or periods save for decimals (And in those cases either one could be used.

I was confused at first and that would be the American standard for numerals, but I think this was the European standard where they use commas instead of periods for decimals and periods instead are used between each 3 digit to separate thousands, millions, ect.

The international friendly calculator recommends not using commas or periods save for decimals (And in those cases either one could be used.
We are an English-based wiki so using commas in places of decimals is not advisable anyway.

I think this is the European standard, since @Armorchompy was the one who did the calculation and he is European

We are an English-based wiki so using commas in places of decimals is not advisable anyway.
I know but we still have plenty of users who come all over the world, including those from the UK. And Scientific Notation is also the preferred method for simplicity sake regardless. If possible, we may prefer if those use the US standards, but at the same time, we can't always fault those for typing what they are used to as long as they are speaking English.

I list Joules and Ton/Gram values with respective prefixes on the latter. Though for 4-B and above, I use Foe value instead of tons.

Personally I think that posting values in tons or kg or grams is useless until like the final 2/3rds of 9-A where they are relevant.

Back