• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

How fast is this?

I looked around a bit (not really), the average walking speed is 3mph (4.82803kmh)
with the time you give that means it's 579.364 km away. Doing this in ten minutes is 965.607 m/s

Yeah, a 5 day walk could also mean that
  • The path is not a straight line, meaning the displacement is actually closer, making the feat not as impressive if it where a 5 day straight line travel.
  • 5 days include rest, meaning the actual travel time was shorter (and the displacement shorter as well).
Without any given context, assuming it's a straight line and no rest is absolute highball at best, and is not reliable.

the characters sleep and rest in that verse, yeah, the 5 days stuff was about the average human, who need to rest and sleep.

So, 8 hours of sleep plus lunch, dinner and normal human stuff like that

IIRC the average traveler during the days of the Roman Empire traveled 7 hours a day. Traveling that long for 5 days with the avg 5.1km/h walking speed (per wikipedia) means they traveled 178500 meters. Divide that by 10 minutes means the character flown at 297.5 m/s.
We cut down the feat by almost a third.
But we still haven't addressed the pathway they would walk on, and it's possible that they walked for longer hours a day. This is just a lowball in terms of how long the travel time by foot would be per day.

Considering how a bit explicit the feat is, I sure do hope the verse has more quantifiable speed feats.

IIRC the average traveler during the days of the Roman Empire traveled 7 hours a day. Traveling that long for 5 days with the avg 5.1km/h walking speed (per wikipedia) means they traveled 178500 meters. Divide that by 10 minutes means the character flown at 297.5 m/s.
We cut down the feat by almost a third.
But we still haven't addressed the pathway they would walk on, and it's possible that they walked for longer hours a day. This is just a lowball in terms of how long the travel time by foot would be per day.

Considering how a bit explicit the feat is, I sure do hope the verse has more quantifiable speed feats.
hmmm, it has statements about having the speed of a bullet lol, ig it has other feats but i dont think its quantifiable

Too many factors yes ? Rocky and mountainous terrain can take days to get past while being much shorter. Not to mention if say a person is in a hurry they will most likely travel for 16-18 hours with 8-6 hour rest periods. Not impossible for a fit human even if you legs turn into noodles.

But Even at Bare minimum it would be still faster than High End sports cars. 300 m/s sounds about okayish. I mean we aren't counting terrain but the cut in time makes up for that.

Back