• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hokage looks under a truck: Naruto vs Mew

Backing Mew. Most of Naruto's attacks would probably be Fighting Type, and just looking at their abilities I think Mew has better versatility

Via thought. I believe it's a variation of teleport, seeing how Mewtwo can do the same thing. It's nowhere near Mew's first move though.

Good fight but Naruto is pretty much resistant to all of mews skills while Naruto has abilities that mew isnt resistant too. Gotta go with Naruto since he is way more versatile with shadow clones. But Hokage naruto doesnt have to use shadow clones at all, he can changer up his fighting style to taijutsu only to shadow clone combat with all of those clones being able to use rasengans and rasen shurikens. Note that those attacks can be controlled by Naruto from a distance also.

Mew has forcefield creation yea but so does Naruto and Naruto himself in character likes to hide either clones or his real self underground to by pass enemy defenses and catch the off guard.

anyway, ill first wait.. for others because..

i feel like i don't know enough about Mew to make a fair Discussion

Dragonmasterxyz said:
We really shouldn't be assigning types like that.
Why not? IIRC, we allow types to work like this as long as its meant for defensive purposes rather than offensive.

As in, Mew's attacks wouldnt be more effective on Naruto just because Ninja would be fighting types. But Naruto's attacks just wouldnt do much to Mew who's a psychic type.

We really need to make a page or something about how types against other verses work. While we obviously can't slap a type on every little thing, we can't just ignore all of it either.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
I mean in character, Mew is extremely Friendly. So he and Naruto would be friends if they actually met.
i really want some fart art now of naruto cuddling Mew

like this but with mew

Kawaiidattbayo

ProfessorKukui4Life said:
Why not? IIRC, we allow types to work like this as long as its meant for defensive purposes rather than offensive.

As in, Mew's attacks wouldnt be more effective on Naruto just because Ninja would be fighting types. But Naruto's attacks just wouldnt do much to Mew who's a psychic type.

We really need to make a page or something about how types against other verses work. While we obviously can't slap a type on every little thing, we can't just ignore all of it either.
Why would ninja moves be fighting type when we have seen martial arts style moves also be normal? We cannot and should not assign types like that.

This isn't like the obvious fire and elemental stuff. This is simply combat. A kick can still be normal type. A punch can still be normal type. Why assume it is automatically fighting type? In series mechanics like types should not be considered unless it is blatant like the elements.

Plus, if we learned anything about ninjas in Pokemon, they'd be Dark type. See the issue?

Okay this is going to sound pretty ridiculous coming from me, but....i'll see if I can explain it?

Say there are 2 people, character A and character B. Character A is a martial artist and Character B is not. They then decide to fight each other. Character B, like A, can still kick and punch, but the difference is he lacks the skills of someone who can "fight" like character A does and thats what allows A to beat the living crud out of him.

I hope my example wasnt bad enough lol. But anyway, I think what im trying to say is both a normal type and fighting type can do the same stuff, llike punch or kick, but because one is much more physically skilled and the other is not, one side would be considered a different variation over the other. Like a NORMAL person against someone who can FIGHT.

.....yeah that example was horrible. But my point should still be clear yes? OvO

I just realized Naruto is a ripoff of Pokemon OvO

Naruto wants to be Hokage/= Pokemon master

Kurama/= Pikachu

Akatsuki/= Team Rocket ( they want to capture Pikachu/Kurama)

OvO OvO

I died reading that.

But no, because there is no difference between the likes of Mega Punch and Drain Punch except that one is weaker and restores health.

I can bring up Mega Kick and Comet Punch as well.

I think my example can also explain why normal type pokemon have a weakness against fighting pokemon moves.

A normal person can punch or kick, but if ever faced against someone much more physically skilled to use more effective moves, the former wouldnt stand a chance (me vs my friends ovo).

Drain Punch and Mega Punch though don't seem explainable at all, other than the former possibly being able to absorb someones fighting energy? Other than that, I see the point here at least.

Back