• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hexus vs Rasalom

Now, from what I remember in Hexus VS Evil Ernie, Hex starts off with spatial attacks.

My main questions are:

• Can he find a way to locate Rasalom while the latter's aura is active?
  • Can he get away with looking at Rasalom's eyes without the sheer evil behind them driving him into madness and incapping him?

It causes all of the light surrounding him to fade into absolutely nothing. Lightbulbs die out, torches and candles go out, and natural light falters completely. It's described and portrayed as surrounding his victims in a darkness so complete that they lose their sense of direction. And in most combat situations, he has it active right from the beginning.

Not really. The most I can say is that the effect can be avoided by looking away as soon as possible, but that's about it. Give me a moment and I'll fetch a couple of quotes.

As for him speaking, Hexus has the same thing.

I mean, he could use AoE or speaking to mind manip in the dark, or time travel to kill him in the past or something. But as for bypassing it directly, I don't believe so.

Err, Type 1 madness inducement-stuff isn't direct mindhax. It's basically him screwing with a person psychologically, messing with their heads and such. It's like what "Charismatic Persuasion" is on the Morality Manipulation page; think more along the lines of this.

He can control whether part of him is seen or not. He actually did this once when he was in a room with Magda and Theodore Cuza in The Keep, making it so that his face and such were revealed while everything else was too dark to see.

Cool.

In the meantime, here's a couple of those quotes on what looking into his eyes does to people.

But it was the eyes, gripping Magda more fiercely than the icy hand on her arm, killing off her wailing cry and stilling her frantic struggles.
The eyes. Large and round, cold and crystalline, the pupils dark holes into a chaos beyond reason, beyond reality itself, black as a night sky that had never been blued by the sun or marred by the light of moon and stars. The surrounding irises were almost as dark, dilating as she watched, widening the twin doorways, drawing her into the madness beyond...

...madness. The madness was so attractive. It was safe, it was serene, it was isolated. It would be so good to pass through and submerge herself in those dark pools... so good...

No!

Magda fought the feeling, fought to push herself away. But ... why fight? life was nothing but disease and misery, a struggle that everyone eventually lost. What was the use? Nothing you did really mattered in the long run. Why bother?

She felt a swift undertow, almost irresistible, drawing her toward those eyes. There was lust there, for her, but a lust that went beyond the mere sexual, a lust for all that she was. She felt herself turn and lean toward those twin doorways of black. It would be so easy to let go...

... she held on, something within her refusing to surrender, urging her to fight the current. But it was so strong, and she felt so tired, and what did it all matter, anyway?

A sound ... music ... and yet not music at all. A sound in her mind, all that music was not ... non-melodic, disharmonic, a delirious cacophony of discord that rattled and shook and sent tiny cracks through the feeble remainder of her will. The world around her—everything—began to fade, leaving only the eyes ... only the eyes...

... she wavered, teetering on the edge of forever...

... then she heard Papa's voice.

Magda clutched at the sound, clung to it like a rope, pulled herself hand over hand along its length. Papa was not calling to her, was not even speaking in Romanian, but it was his voice, the only familiar thing in the chaos about her.

The eyes turned away. Magda was free. The hand released her.''

~ The Keep​
So much as looking at his eyes for longer than the briefest moment caused her to start losing control of her mind very quickly, and also made it so that she couldn't look away.

The next guy got lucky, since he almost instinctively looked away the instant he saw them.

Rafe smiled and suddenly the lights began to dim.
"I'd dearly love to show you," Rafe said. "But it doesn't serve my purpose at the moment. However, I will grant you a brief glimpse."

The room grew darker and colder, as if some hidden vortex were sucking all the heat and light from the room. And then the black swooped in, a darkness so perfect that Bill's nervous system screamed as direction went awry, as up and down lost all meaning. But this was not a quiet darkness, not a simple absence of light; this was a devouring of light. A living blackness, a slithering, shuffling, shambling, hungry blackness, ravenous not for his flesh but for his soul, his essence, his very being. As Bill dropped to his knees and hugged the floor, digging his fingers into the pile to keep from tumbling toward the ceiling, a noxious grave-born odor seeped into his nostrils, caressed his tongue—sour, acrid, moist, carrying a hint of putrescence—gagging him.

And then he saw the eyes, hovering before him. Huge, round, the whites like glazed porcelain, the irises crystalline black, but not nearly as black as the bottomless sinkholes into infinity at their center. From those pupils there radiated such palpable malevolence that Bill had to turn away, squeeze his eyes shut to shield himself from the beckoning madness.

And just as suddenly there was light beyond his lids. He opened his eyes. The living room was lit again. He gasped for air. What had just happened? Had he been hypnotized somehow—or was that the real Rafe
?
~ Reprisal​
Second quote also shows him activating the aura, which should help get a sense of what being inside that is like as well. On top of the whole darkness thing, it drops the temperature in the area and instills bad emotions (usually fear) in people who're inside its radius.

Yeah, I don't think he has a way past Mind manip.

I don't feel too badtho, since he apparently stomps Vile

Vile wrecks Rasalom, who owns Hexus, who stomps Vile. That's a hell of a trinity, I'd say.

Anyway yeah, I'm gonna go with Rasalom. The whole aura of darkness gives Rasalom enough leeway to open with something incapacitating or fatal, and even if Hexus manages to make it a few seconds into the match without getting paralyzed and broken in half by Rasalom's telekinesis, so much as looking into Rasalom's eyes will be his downfall once the latter reveals himself.

I mean, he could bend space around himself to nullify the TK, and he doesnt have to move and can split himself o time travel. That mind hax kills him tho, so i'll count you vote.

Wait until I make the profile for the guy who's Hexus, but abuses time travel and essence splitting in character and resists mind manip

Back