• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hermione fights a Egg

This is interesting. I'm pretty sure some of her spells are capable of one shotting Togepi, but Togepi would one shot her physically (though SBA range puts them pretty far away from each other). Togepi can try to pull a metronome to win, but the move it generates is random so there's no way to tell what would happen. Regardless, I'm pretty sure Hermione is skilled enough to use magic shields to defend herself and then one shot Togepi with her stronger spells

Voting Hermione for now

What are Hermione's in-character moves?
I don't know her repetoire well, but aren't The 3 Curses considered forbidden spells in Harry Potter? In-character, but willing to kill, so I'd assume she wouldn't resort to those first.
So what are her ways of one-shotting, & what's her behaviour history in combat-like situations?
Especially against infantilely-behaving creatures about a quarter of her size or so. Would such an encounter encite her to use her one-shot spells? She might also be doing so while in a good mood, due to many of Togepi's Pokedex entries attesting that it will share the happiness in its shell with (kindhearted) people. Is she just as ruthless when happy?
Also, do we account for IQ Skills in this?

Still, as said, Togepi often doesn't seem to behave too intelligently, & its opening move -except maybe Metronome- is unclear. Hustle makes its Physical attacks 20% more inaccurate (& 50% stronger) & for ranged attacks, it has.... Ancient Power & Extra Sensory, I think?
Yawn, Encore & maybe Future Sight or Wish might be useful.

Still, the amount of options Togepi has for a hurried victory don't exactly inspire confidence. I'd prefer to know about Hermione's behaviour, given the conditions, though, before I vote.

Back