• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Help with character profile rework

Hi
As I was advised to discuss it here, I will do it here then.
I need help with my profile. Or rather, my character profile.
The thing is, that I first confused the content revision section in this forum, with the content page of the main website. Sorry for that mistake. I opened a thread there too.
However, after my public page was posted, it was also removed a bit later.
The reason for the removing was, that the structure was sloppy.
Personally, I thought everything was fine because I couldn't see any problems with my power and ability list.
I also made sure, that I back up every power and resistances with scans as much as I could and quote all references related to the powers, abilities and resistances.
However, it seems that there are still problems about my structure.
Please, can you help me? I'm still new and inexperienced.
If I made any fallacies, then I'm sorry. I don't want to exaggerate things, all I want is just create an accurate and acceptable character profile and restore my favourite universe.
So, please help me and tell me what's wrong, so that I can fix it. Are the scans the problem? Or is it the reference list? Is it the power and ability list?
Were my explanation in the explanation section perhaps unreasonable? Have I made a fallacy which I'm not aware about? I thought I was pretty reasonable with everything.
What have I overlooked?
I thank you in advance for your answers. I promise, I will do my best to fix everything.
Here is the link to my profile in the sandbox. https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User:MirrorOfEmotions/Arthur_Penhaligon

Thank you!
No problem.

Took a look at it, a bit decent but

1) The powers and abilities, resistance, Attack Potency, Speed, Lifting Strength, Explanation note and Intelligence each one of them need scans and references.
2) Spacing and here you placed your ref
Below Average Human level[18] | Human level[18] | Subsonic (after his transformation into a Denizen-like being. All Denizen move at least in subsonic speed.)[18] [37] | potential Subsonic+ reaction speed (could see the shadow of the scythe of the Reaper.)[38]| Unknown
3) Your Explanation is too long. try and tab it in a scroll box to make it look shorter. Same as the Standard Equipment.

4) This part: potential Subsonic+ reaction speed should be potentially Subsonic+ reaction speed. We don't bold this like Possibly, At least, Up to. We only bold Unknown, Varies, Tiers (3-C, 2-A, etc)

Sorry for the late answer. My email-program didn't react immediately. Thank you for your help! I will fix it! I also realized that I was sloppy with the grammar in my reference box, so I fixed it.
Thank you very much again, I will fix it! I will also try to work on the scan problem. The thing is, the paper scans are from the Portuguese website of "The Keys to the Kingdom" but they were chaotic in some as you could see. Still, they are scans, so I thought it would be ok to link them, was that inappropriate of me?
My own scans are the digital ones which are in black pages because I bought the books as e-books and made screenshots. Sadly, imgur.com doesn't always react properly when I upload these screenshots, and then I get a blank page. I work on it and try to link more of my scans.
And again, thank you very much for your help!

Sorry for the late answer. My email-program didn't react immediately. Thank you for your help! I will fix it! I also realized that I was sloppy with the grammar in my reference box, so I fixed it.
No Problem. just finished with the formatting.
I will fix it! I will also try to work on the scan problem. The thing is, the paper scans are from the Portuguese website of "The Keys to the Kingdom" but they were chaotic in some as you could see. Still, they are scans, so I thought it would be ok to link them, was that inappropriate of me?
Are the scan written in Portuguese or just the site?
My own scans are the digital ones which are in black pages because I bought the books as e-books and made screenshots. Sadly, imgur.com doesn't always react properly when I upload these screenshots, and then I get a blank page. I work on it and try to link more of my scans.
And again, thank you very much for your help!
Okay. I also have problem with Imgur too, so i just upload my scans on vswiki or using this platform

No Problem. just finished with the formatting.

Are the scan written in Portuguese or just the site?

Okay. I also have problem with Imgur too, so i just upload my scans on vswiki or using this platform
Ok. In this case, I will post my own scans here. I will still try to upload some on the imgur website first, but in the worst case scenario I will post them here.
Oh, and don't worry, the scans of the Portuguese website are still in English. The only problem is that some are a bit in disarray like this one here for example but aside that, they are fine. Also, there are just few of these which are that much in disorder.
Here is the website where I took the paper scans from https://liberproeliis.fandom.com/pt-br/wiki/As_Chaves#Poderes
They put powers like magnetism manipulation in there too, but that's not valid because it is rather a Body Puppetry effect from the Second Key. Enslavement and commanding obedience are parts of its powers, after all.
The boots which Arthur wears at this point are made of immaterial, which I would consider as something like anti-matter. However, it was never describe what exactly immaterial items are, which is why I didn't put Antimatter Manipulation on my list before I get green light for it.
Same with Fate Manipulation. There is an argument for it, but I'm not sure if this argument would be enough to consider this ability as valid.
For now, I will focus on the scans for the abilities, which are definitely valid.

Thanks for the formatting!

Ok, I think I will post my screenshots here. Imgur still doesn't react to my uploads. The only question is, should I post them here or rather open an extra thread for it, where I post all my screenshots there?
On the one hand, if I post it here, you wouldn't need always to switch to the extra thread. On the other hand, however, if I open an extra thread, then this thread here wouldn't be spammed with my screenshots, and we could discuss my sources here and keep this thread clean.
What do you think would be better?

Ok, I think I will post my screenshots here. Imgur still doesn't react to my uploads. The only question is, should I post them here or rather open an extra thread for it, where I post all my screenshots there?
On the one hand, if I post it here, you wouldn't need always to switch to the extra thread. On the other hand, however, if I open an extra thread, then this thread here wouldn't be spammed with my screenshots, and we could discuss my sources here and keep this thread clean.
What do you think would be better?
Do you want to post scans you will use for the profile?

Do you want to post scans you will use for the profile?
That was the plan, yes. Well, at the start at least. I thought, if I can't upload my scans/screenshots on imgur, maybe it would work out if I post them here in the forum and later link them to my character profile.
If that wouldn't work out, another option would be to post it into my sandbox as a kind of extra page for my scans. Like, I make an extra page for my scans and then use the scan link for my character profile.
However, I forgot about the other upload page you suggested/linked. Sorry ^^'. I think, I will try it with postimages then. Hope it will work.

That was the plan, yes. Well, at the start at least. I thought, if I can't upload my scans/screenshots on imgur, maybe it would work out if I post them here in the forum and later link them to my character profile.
If that wouldn't work out, another option would be to post it into my sandbox as a kind of extra page for my scans. Like, I make an extra page for my scans and then use the scan link for my character profile.
However, I forgot about the other upload page you suggested/linked. Sorry ^^'. I think, I will try it with postimages then. Hope it will work.
No no no. We don't post scan like that. We either use Imgur, uploading it to the vs wiki or use any other site like (postimages). Since Imgur isn't working for you, you can use Vs wiki or Postimages

Ok, I added a few more scans/screenshots and fixed also a few things like the temperature in the cold resistance part. Sadly, I couldn't find the website anymore where I got these measurements. There was a blog which came up with similar values, but it was just this only website. It seemed authentic, but I didn't include it because I thought that the community will likely not accept it. Instead, I linked the scans of the book, which support the cold resistance at least. I think, I will need the help of the calculator team because I honestly don't know at which degree the own breath would freeze. I mean, it straight up says that his breath became solid in the atmosphere and didn't just fade away. Google also couldn't help me at all. All what it suggested were websites like "Why can you see your breath when it's cold?". But I will care about that after I fixed the other things first.
I also added a few more scans in the Law Manipulation part to support it.
Unfortunately, I also realized that I messed up in some cases with the chapters, so I will have to rework my references again. The scans, however, are at least there. On the other hand, it's not much, but it will need time. So, sorry if I'm so slow ^^'.
One last important thing, I'm travelling tomorrow and return after 2 weeks. So, I will take care about the references after I turn back. For now, I will focus on my scans.

And thanks again for the website and for your help. Postimages works really far better than imgur.

Ok, I added a few more scans/screenshots and fixed also a few things like the temperature in the cold resistance part. Sadly, I couldn't find the website anymore where I got these measurements. There was a blog which came up with similar values, but it was just this only website. It seemed authentic, but I didn't include it because I thought that the community will likely not accept it. Instead, I linked the scans of the book, which support the cold resistance at least. I think, I will need the help of the calculator team because I honestly don't know at which degree the own breath would freeze. I mean, it straight up says that his breath became solid in the atmosphere and didn't just fade away. Google also couldn't help me at all. All what it suggested were websites like "Why can you see your breath when it's cold?". But I will care about that after I fixed the other things first.
Wait, you want the help of the calc team to for the cold resistance?
I also added a few more scans in the Law Manipulation part to support it.
Unfortunately, I also realized that I messed up in some cases with the chapters, so I will have to rework my references again. The scans, however, are at least there. On the other hand, it's not much, but it will need time. So, sorry if I'm so slow ^^'.
Okay. No worries
One last important thing, I'm travelling tomorrow and return after 2 weeks. So, I will take care about the references after I turn back. For now, I will focus on my scans.
Have a safe journey

Wait, you want the help of the calc team to for the cold resistance?

Okay. No worries

Have a safe journey
Yes. But not immediately. My plan was, to work on my profile until it's acceptable to post it and then afterwards, I would have discussed about it.
But like I said, for now, I will focus on the other powers and abilities. I'm also almost done with the Immortal and the New Architect part.

Ah, or could you tell me how much degree it would need to freeze the own breath or suggest a good website? That would even be more better because then I wouldn't need to open an extra thread for it later. I mean, I saw several videos where hot water freezes at 30°C, but I mean, that's just hot water. The human breath isn't just water but includes gases too. There is the calculation page at when the human body starts to freeze, but would that include the freeze of the breath too? Plus, his body seems to be completely frozen and despite that, he seems still be able to move. So, I wondered how cold it is actually there.

And thanks.

Back