• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hashirama's Genjutsu

Okay. Feel free to add these abilities then.

I'm not to good with editing pages, Hashirama's page is close and it will be better if a mod with Naruto knowledge to add it. I'll probably end up copy/pasting the whole thing.

Hmm. I am too busy to handle it myself, but would appreciate community assistance.

How does his illusion technique work?

Could you please provide a scan of Hashirama resisting Madara's Genjutsu please.

Okay. I suppose that somebody can add this ability to his page if they wish, as long as it is clearly explained.

The illusion technique can be added but I would like to see this resistance to genjutsu

Hashirama is so powerful that he would hardly fall for Genjutsu and Madara knows this. That is why Madara might have considered it a waste to use sharingan directly on Hashirama.

Instead he controlled the kyubi to his advantage and gave a challenging fight to the God of Shinobi during his Era. He should have resistance to mangekyo sharingan abilities.

https://m.imgur.com/u3ZGPJu

No that's not how this works, you are assuming just because Hashirama is strong and has fought Madara in the past he should be resist to his genjutsu.

Unless he's shown resistance he shouldn't have it. Even then at most he would have possible resistance if we assumed it that because he fought him he should be resistance.

I personally disagree with giving him resistance but I don't mind the illusion technique.

LordGriffin1000 said:
The illusion technique can be added but I would like to see this resistance to genjutsu
Well Madara flattened fourth raikage but Hashirama with his senjutsu should be much better at dispelling genjutsu, as he can read chakra disruption much better. And don't all chuunin and above have basic genjutsu training?

Well I have given my reason to why I disagree but if more people agree I won't argue.

Hashirama was tittle the God of Shinobi, he had no equal but Madara himself. Lower ranking shinobi have basic Genjutsu resistance by default. Hashirama fought Madara more than twice and he never waisted his Genjutsu on him. Not even when he used it againts him in combat to control the nine tails instead of him.

No that's a lie, where is Naruto's basic genjutsu resistance? I want scans not assumptions please. Show me a statement of them saying low ranking Ninja have resistance to genjutsu please.

Don't use Hashirama's rank as a argument, this is the equivalent of me saying Beerus is the God of Destruction of universe 7 and no DB or DBZ Characters are on his level so he should have resistance to Monster Carrots Transmutation. (Please not this is for the rank argument only) having no equal doesn't mean having resistance.

Also note that Hashirama knows Madara has genjutsu so he would try not to get caught and Madara isn't like Itachi, he doesn't focus on genjutsu but focus more on overwhelming power.

Please, basic Genjutsu is used on them during the academy exams. Sasuke sees through it, and let me remind you that this was a task by teams. Team 7 (Naruto, Sasuke, Sakura) wasn't the only one who passed. https://static3.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11117/111178393/5651267-6063986264-narut.jpg

Beerus has never fought someone with Monster Carrots Transmutation. Hashirama did fought someone equal to him with Genjutsu and didn't saw worthy of use and Hashirama knows Genjutsu as well. That proves he knows how to counter and resis it. Specifically when someone like Jiraiya teaches it tonhis students too.

No you are trying to scale something that doesn't, Sasuke was the only one there that figured it out, if they all new then they would have already been in before Team 7 arrived. Yes others already where inside but we still don't know how they got in, it could have been the same way, multiple people and one figures it out and they let everyone in.

Your still assuming low ranking Ninja have resistance to genjutsu, hell the scan you posted even shows another two ninja say they don't even know what Sasuke is talking about so no, low ranking Ninja don't atomaticlly have resistance.

I would like Dark649 and Reppuzan's opinion on this, for me this only grants him possibile resistance at best in my opinion.

AppleLord said:
Beerus has never fought someone with Monster Carrots Transmutation. Hashirama did fought someone equal to him with Genjutsu and didn't saw worthy of use and Hashirama knows Genjutsu as well. That proves he knows how to counter and resis it. Specifically when someone like Jiraiya teaches it tonhis students too.
Did you not read what I said? The Beerus example was for the Hashirama rank argument not the fact that he fought Madara. I also mentioned that Madara isn't focused only on genjutsu, he relies on overwhelming power more. So he wouldn't really use it and givin that Hashirama knows he has it, he would be cautious.

If we go by your argument Sarada, Boruto and Mitsuskia were the only of the new generation to graduate from the Academy, since Sarada was the only with a Sharingan to pass the Genjutsu test.

Your counter arguments are assumptions.

Well, every ninja worth their salt has resistance to genjutsu via circulating their chakra well enough to smash out of it. But resistance varies from character to character.

I've only skimmed through this thread, but does Hashirama have any on-screen genjutsu feats through which to judge the magnitude of his resistance? That said, AppleLord does have a point, with Hashirama's mastery of ninjutsu meaning that he should have a much higher resistance to Genjutsu than a mere genin.

No, Hashirama has no on screen Genjutsu resistance period, why do people keep saying low ranking genin atomaticly have Genjutsu resistance? That has not been stated at all, Sasuke knowing that they where in a genjutsu doesn't scale to anyone because no one around him figured it out otherwise they would have already been inside before Team 7 arrived and we don't know how the other ninja got in as it could have been the same situation as this one or they could have just beat them up and forced them to remove the genjutsu.

I want someone to show me

Hashirama resisting genjutsu on panel or a statement and it being stated all low ranking ninja all have resistance to genjutsu.

Mind you rank doesn't work like that otherwise all jonin would have at bare minimum the same amount of gates Lee had as a kid. They would all have the same intelligence as Shikamaru did as a kid. They half to train in that aspect no ninja can aromaticly do what other ninja can do otherwise every Jonin would be as strong as Sakura.

Even if we give Hashirama the standard knowledge of genjutsu it wouldn't be worth enough to note on his page. But if y'all want to give him resistance be my guess.

Seriously...? All academy students get basic training on how to combat and break out of genjutsu. This is standard Naruto knowledge. I actually thought you were joking at first, no offence. Those ninja are seasoned chünin, the fact that Sasuke noticed it attests to his skill in that area. And how does a genin (whose name isn't Gaara, Temari or something. Even then, something would have been mentioned about it and it would have caused diplomatic issues because they were in open sight and various people were around, unlike when Baki killed Hayate) who doesn't even get enough screen time beat two chünin up at the same time? So no, they couldn't have beaten them up and forced them to release the genjutsu. That doesn't make much sense. Again, no offence.

The fact that Madara didn't mind control Hashirama like he did to Kurama and stab him in the brain suggests that Madara's genjutsu didn't work on him. Keep in mind that they fought against each other multiple times, before and after Madara gained access to the Mangekyō Sharingan and Madara lost every time. Even if he doesn't use genjutsu anywhere as much as Itachi, it's perfectly logical to say he at least attempted it once on Hashirama. He wouldn't need to go to the trouble of mind controlling Kurama and coming back to challenge Hashirama if he could just mind control him in the first place. Also, a lot of characters have resistances that weren't shown on screen because it's perfectly reasonable to assume they have resistance to a certain ability when the situation is similar to this.

That's... That's not a good example. Intelligence doesn't even work that way at all. It's not something you can learn like ninjutsu. Again, every academy student has basic training in genjutsu. Whether they can recognize and resist it depends on their skill, chakra reserves, the proficiency of the genjutsu user and all that stuff. Of course not every ninja undergoes rigorous training like Lee and Gai. On the other hand, every registered ninja has basic genjutsu training.

I agree with AppleLord and that's it from me.

I think that Burning Full Fingers makes sense.

So Hashirama learned to use Genjutsu, feat above, but he didn't learned to resist it when 11 year olds are trained in the academy to do so. Been shown to be equal to Madara + defeated Madara the strongest Genjutsu user, and again why would Madara consider Hashirama above him? Genjutsu isn't NLF it doesn't work on stronger opponents. Any character with illusion creation below Madara can't affect Hashirama in battle.

I posted after Fullfingers and Ant without refreshing the page.

Anyway, someone can remove himself from a genjutsu when they halt their chakra for a moment and then again let the chakra spin flow at a great speed. If the flow of chakra is greater than the strength of the illusion then the person will get out of genjutsu. Hashirama had great amount of chakra, so breaking any strong genjutsu using his huge chakra pool was not very difficult for him, hence it can be believed that he broke free of all of Madara's genjutsu. His chakra is compare to Naruto's level by himself.

That's not standard Naruto knowledge, show me where its shown or stated they are taught that in the academy... You know what don't just give him the genjutsu resistance, I'm tired of arguing.

There's absolutely no grounds for a resistance to genjutsu addition to Hashirama, he has never shown any resistance to it

Saying we should give it to him because he has a lot of chakra makes no sense when actual feats in the manga contradict your statement, Prime kyuubi has more chakra than Hashirama or Naruto and Madara still placed it in a genjutsu with a glance.

If I correctly understand the above discussion, even Genin have some resistance to such techniques, and it would be strange if Hashirama did not have resistance to Madara's techniques, as othervise he would easily have lost their battles.

Would "Possibly Resistance to Genjutsu (Was able to defeat Madara)" be an acceptable compromise solution?

Even the likes of Shippuden Naruto were succeptible to Genjutsu and he was far stronger than an average genin at that moment, not to mention his chakra being double that of a Jounin yet he still failed to resist Itachi's genjutsu

Personally i don't see any reason to give him Genjutsu resistance.

@Uchiha

It's not the quantity of chakra, but breaking genjutsu is a fairly basic technique.

Not everyone is good at it, but it would make sense for Hashirama to have it given that Madara never seemed to attempt to use his Sharingan's various genjutsu techniques against him.

I just say give it to him, braking genjutsu is apparently basic but it's rarely done, Hashirama never showed to resist it, just because Madara has it doesn't mean he used it (true this could also mean Madara didn't think it would work but it's an assumption on either side), only that it's a possibility, he only has one genjutsu technique and being a master at Ninjutsu doesn't mean he's a master at Genjutsu especially since he only mostly Wood Style nor does being the God of Shinobi mean he's great at genjutsu just that he's the strongest.

As I said though given that it would only be standard genjutsu breaking because he hasn't shown it on panel it would not really be nessasary to add to his page but if it's worth adding to everyone else be my guess.

Note: This is my opinion, just like you guys believe he has it I don't believe he has any worthy Genjutsu Resistance.

So can we just put it on his page and end this discussion please.

@LordGriffin

That's mainly due to a difference in proficiency, but you do have a point.

Sufficiently powerful genjutsu will overwhelm all but the most trained and prepared, but it's ludicrous to think that Hashirama wouldn't be able to break the simplest Genjutsu, especially when his closest rival frequently abuses his hereditary technique.

I can agree that he can break the simplest genjutsu and I will admit that given who his rival is yes he could have resistance to Madara's genjutsu, I just don't believe it would actually be note worthy and I'm just shaky on it because of lack of showings but I'll admit that just because it isn't shown doesn't mean it isn't true.

Yes Hashirama should at least have basic knowledge of genjutsu and how to break it. If y'all think it's worthy enough to be put on his page it's fine by me.

@Uchiha

Naruto's very obviously crap with genjutsu. Jiraiya tried to help him improve on it by increasing the level of his chakra control, but he still ended up being crap at it. Using Itachi as an example is not good as he's one of the very best genjutsu users in Naruto. Resistance to genjutsu is not really determined by the amount of chakra someone has, but their chakra control.

@Griffin

Erm, what. What do you think it's taught at the academy? It's not simply acrobatics. It's ninjutsu, taijutsu and genjutsu. That's standard Naruto knowledge.

Sakura's good at recognising and breaking out of genjutsu because of her exceptional chakra control. Sasuke even admitted himself that Sakura was the best at recognising and breaking out of them in their team. It's a few pages ahead of the scan already posted (the one where Sasuke recognized the genjutsu). It's also the reason she didn't fall for Kabuto's genjutsu when the others got murked. The same for the genjutsu that everyone fell for when they were going to rescue Hinata. Part 1 Sakura's chakra control <<<<< Beginning of Shippuden Sakura's <<<<<< Tsunade's <<< Hashirama's. Hashirama's was already advanced to the point that he needed no hand signs to perform healing techniques. So yes, Hashirama should have solid resistance to it, helped by the fact that Madara could never defeat him. Madara's mastery over the Sharingan was the very best in the history of the clan, every one of which can mind control people with a single glance and it's obvious that the Mangekyō Sharingan enhances this further. Again, if he could put him under a genjutsu, he would have done so and stabbed him in the brain. Seriously, if he wanted to kill Hashirama so bad, why wouldn't he attempt it at the very least?

That said, anyone can stick to what opinions they have. No Naruto profile in this wiki recognizes their ability to resist genjutsu anyway, so I don't think or feel like it particularly matters if Hashirama gets it or not. No use arguing about it further, I guess.

Back