• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
No.

So Valentine can teleport behind Haruka with the intent of using a gas mask on her, then immediately switch to setting up a ward when she wasn't even expecting Haruka to know where she was? That's impressive. And extremely far-fetched. And even if she somehow manages to do that, she's not getting them both with one ward. So if she gets the robot, she gets a puff of paralyzing gas and then her face stomped in with high heels. If she gets Haruka, she gets an immediate chainsaw slicing her in half.

Why no? She can restrain and incapacitate characters far more wild than that robot with little difficulty.

Yes actually, she can create body doubles at will. She doesnt need to get both with one ward, she has multiple ways she can incapacitate both of them with little difficulty. All she needs to do is knock one out, catch one in a sealing ward, paralyze one, and the other will follow shortly after.

And Haruka can contend with people far more skilled than herself and Valentine put together.

While she's doing all that to one of them the other can quite easily do what they need to in order to incapacitate her. And right now it's not on her profile or anything but Haruka has shattered her vials near herself more than a few times and shown no ill effects so she may have a resistance. But even if she doesn't, while she's working on gas masking one of them it really doesn't take the other much time at all to do her in.

So let's run through this scenario:

Valentine teleports behind Haruka and tries to gas mask one of them. Haruka immediately detects her presence and either throws down a vial or the robot chainsaws her. The former possibility can't be countered so Val's dead if that happens. And Haruka is one of, if not the, most intelligent of the cast so the former is more probable. But let's say she opts for the chainsaw? Then she traps one of them in a ward and the other immediately incaps her because they're not going to just sit there and watch her beat up the other. She catches the robot in the ward, Haruka immediately throws down a vial and game over. She catches Haruka in the ward, the robot immediately chainsaws, drills, flamethrowers, etc. Valentine may have many ways to incap them, but so do they.

I wasnt talking about Haruka, i was talking about the robot

Okay, so there are a few problems in your scenario, so lets run through it again:

Haruka immediately detects her presence and either throws down a vial or the robot chainsaws her. The former possibility can't be countered so Val's dead if that happens.

Assuming she can reach up to her chest in the split second before she is unconscious, yes, Val would be dead.

But let's say she opts for the chainsaw? Then she traps one of them in a ward and the other immediately icaps her because they're not going to just sit there and watch her beat up the other.

You do know she has more han one ward right? And she still has chloroform and paralyzing poison.

She catches the robot in the ward, Haruka immediately throws down a vial and game over.

Unless she is right next to Valentine when this happens those vials are going to get knocked out of the air and their content avoided.

She catches Haruka in the ward, the robot immediately chainsaws, drills, flamethrowers, etc.

And gets a vial of paralyzing poison jabbed into it or gets teleported behind and chloroformed.

Assuming she can reach up to her chest in the split second before she is unconscious, yes, Val would be dead.

She keeps the vials in her lab coat, not her cleavage. And considering appearing behind the person is the oldest teleportation trick in the book, it's likely she wouldn't even need to detect Val's presence before throwing a vial down. Even then yes, she could throw it down before getting caught.

Unless she is right next to Valentine when this happens those vials are going to get knocked out of the air and their content avoided.

Assuming this is still at the beginning of the fight, the robot is going to be right next to Haruka, so if Val goes for one, the other will easily be in reaching/vial-shattering distance.

Huh? What was Oven's post referring to then? Yes, because the first thing you should do when you see your opponent disappear is smash your most potent weapons on the ground at your feet.

Val doesnt need to rush in, like i said she has more than enough ranged options and she's more than willing to use them in-character

The explanation for that Ninja Art at the time of Oven's post was quite abysmal and inaccurate. She keeps the vials in her coat as you can see here.

https://i.imgur.com/ziyVaAA.jpg

And she is constantly reaching for and using them without needing to look so that shouldn't be an issue. If her opponent suddenly vanishes and doesn't immediately reappear then it shouldn't be too ridiculous of an assumption that they're going to try to appear behind you (especially since she's faced people who use the same tactic), at which point she can and will throw vials at the ground behind or at least near her. And like I've said, Haruka also has several ranged options she is more than willing to use in-character, and the robot can easily assist her in dodging whatever Val throws at her if needed, especially if she's throwing it at her from a distance.

Ah okay

That may be detrimental for the robot as Val has projectile poisons, and theyre liquid, not gas like Haruka's

Well the robot is pretty mobile, it shouldn't be too difficult for it to pull Haruka out of the way, though being an Elite shinobi she can easily avoid them herself.

The robot never blocks anything unless Haruka's about to get hit and there's no other option. Otherwise if they're playing the range game it always pulls her out of the way if she herself can't dodge it.

Sorry Weekly I know I vote for the characters you aren't a lot (I've seen threads where I agree with you, I just have never commented on them) but I'll vote haruka, literally everyone in senran Kaguya is a ninja that fights hundreds of other ninjas. Haruka takes this due to experience and versatility.

Keeweed said:
Sorry Weekly I know I vote for the characters you aren't a lot (I've seen threads where I agree with you, I just have never commented on them) but I'll vote haruka, literally everyone in senran Kaguya is a ninja that fights hundreds of other ninjas. Haruka takes this due to experience and versatility.
Valentine is trained to fight a Low 7-B undead monster girl, she's easily more experienced

Unless it's just cuz of the 2D visuals, that's just a vertical line of them, right? Fairly simple for someone like Haruka to avoid even diagonally.

Valentine is trained to fight a Low 7-B undead monster girl, she's easily more experienced

Yeah A 7-b monster who isn't a ninja

The Skullgirl not being ninja really doesnt matter, what matters is that she's immensely stronger and Val is specifically trained to be able to fight her

WeeklyBattles said:
The Skullgirl not being ninja really doesnt matter, what matters is that she's immensely stronger and Val is specifically trained to be able to fight her
Yeah, HER not anyone else how would fighting a skull girl help with ninjas

Because she wiped out the Medichi Tower Complex as well as a decent portion of New Meridian, and she should be at least as strong as Double, who is this strong due Gehenna, the realm that is an extension of herself, being at least that large

WeeklyBattles said:
Because she wiped out the Medichi Tower Complex as well as a decent portion of New Meridian, and she should be at least as strong as Double, who is this strong due Gehenna, the realm that is an extension of herself, being at least that large
How does fighting a strong opponent help against ninjas; ninja use skill and stealth to kill people while Maria (probably spelt that wrong) and double both use mostly physical strength

Keeweed said:
Yeah, HER not anyone else how would fighting a skull girl help with ninjas
Because she's skilled enough to be able to fight someone who can very casually oneshot her if she werent? I'd also like to point out she singlehandedly wiped out Lab 8, and everyone in it, who would all be around Peacock's level

Starryknight200 said:
What I am asking is if Valentine can hold her own against a Low 7-B, shouldn't that make Valentine Low 7-B?
Technically yes, i need to make a CRT about it because all the 8-Bs in Skullgirls WERE Low 7-B for a while but downgraded for some reason even though all of their storylines are all alternate timelines

Keeweed said:
How does fighting a strong opponent help against ninjas; ninja use skill and stealth to kill people while Maria (probably spelt that wrong) and double both use mostly physical strength
Because she's skilled enough to be able to fight someone who can very casually oneshot her if she werent? I'd also like to point out she singlehandedly wiped out Lab 8, and everyone in it, who would all be around Peacock's level

So is valentine 7-b because how can a multiple city block character ever kill a city level character. Also how the f*** does that prep you for ninjas that go to ninja school to fight other ninjas!

• Edit first part got ninjaed

I really need to get on that CRT, they were downgraded because none of the endings in story mode are canon, but thats because theyre all in different timelines as shown by Aeon and Venus

WeeklyBattles said:
I really need to get on that CRT, they were downgraded because none of the endings in story mode are canon, but thats because theyre all in different timelines as shown by Aeon and Venus
Why were they downgraded in the first place; it seriously made no sense. Anyways city level skullgirls (to bad all of the good opponents for the them are multi city block).

Alright assuming for now that she's 8-B. Haruka by herself should easily be able to dodge the wall of syringes; while she and her four were still at Hebijo they were the Elites and even among those Elites she's one of the more skilled.

If that CRT goes through though a vast majority of the match ups I've made for the SK girls are invalid and all my bumping will have been for nothing :(

Starryknight200 said:
If that CRT goes through though a vast majority of the match ups I've made for the SK girls are invalid and all my bumping will have been for nothing :(
I was going to say something about that but you made this comment so now I don't have to

Back