• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Harry Dresden VS. Kiritsugu Emiya

Emiya hands down.

Origin bullets are OP against mages. If the bullet itself makes contact with ANY of Harry's magic, be it illusions, barriers, or offensive spells, Emiya wins.

You cant use magic against him, and his bullets are so powerful you simply have to tank them to hope to survive (and even then, they cause irreparable necrotic magical damage). Last i checked Harry himself isnt bulletproff without his magic.

Stop pitting conventional mages against Kiritsugu, he isnt called the Magus killer for no reason.

Are we forgetting that Harry could cause the Contender to blow up in Kiritsugu's hand when it tries to fire thanks to Dresden's anti-tech aura that he can make stronger at will?

Yeah fair enough, contender isn't high tech enough to be taken out by the anti tech aura. Dresden would still kill all of Kiritsugu's explosives and other weaponry just with his presence though, so Kiri would only have knives and the contender, (and this is assuming the A-T aura does not just cause Kiri's claymores and grenades to blow up while he's still holding them) and knives would be useless against Dresden's enchanted duster. Also, Kiri only has prep time, not prior knowledge, so he wouldn't know Dresden is a wizard and Kiritsugu doesn't just waste Origin bullets on random guys in dusters, especially if said guy pulls out a gun rather than blasting magic to start with. The fact that all of Kiritsugu's guns except the contender would not work, misfire, or just blow up in his hand, would also distract and possibly injure Kiritsugu and cost him precious moments of time.

Plus Harry does not tank bullets, regardless of his enchanted duster, seeing as a headshot will still put him down. He'd be actively trying to dodge, and even if an origin bullet hit his duster, it wouldn't put Harry down because the duster has been previously enchanted and is not being powered by Harry, so there is no "link" for the origin magic to go through.

Also seeing as the contender is a single shot then reload gun, and all of Kiri's other tech weapons have been anti-teched, Harry also has the advantage in attack rate, because he can throw a few force pushes and fireballs in the time it takes for Kiri to reload. Double accel would halve that time, but it is still there, and if Kiri keeps using double accel, or goes for triple or square accel he's going to do some serious damage to himself (or does Kiritsugu have Avalon? It's not really standard equipment even if it is listed as such, and it doesn't even work if he hasn't summoned Saber to supply it with magic)

Also, I doubt the Origin bullet will work against a magical gust of wind or an illusion or something equally intangible. We only saw it working against solid(ish) metal things that it made clear contact with like Volum Hydra-whatver and Kirei's knives. It would probably go straight through a blast of fire or wind, or an illusion that isn't even there. If Dresden buffed the illusion will soulfire to make it more "real" then it might be hit, but Dresden isn't just burning off pieces of his soul against some guy with a gun.

Monarch Laciel said:
Also, I doubt the Origin bullet will work against a magical gust of wind or an illusion or something equally intangible. We only saw it working against solid(ish) metal things that it made clear contact with like Volum Hydra-whatver and Kirei's knives. It would probably go straight through a blast of fire or wind, or an illusion that isn't even there. If Dresden buffed the illusion will soulfire to make it more "real" then it might be hit, but Dresden isn't just burning off pieces of his soul against some guy with a gun.
Any sort of magic causes the origin rounds to take effect, so knocking it away with wind would still effect it.

You don't need to quote my whole reply if you are only referring to a paragraph of it. It'd woud still go through illusions without harming dresden, as the bullet needs to actually make contact, and the illusions aren't there.

And again, Kiritsugu isn't using one of his only 66(62 after his fights with Kayneth and Kirei) origin rounds against some random joe, especially is said random joe pulls a gun rather than magic. Kiritsugu would go for his normal weapons first, which would be anti-teched, and that moment would give Dresdent the time he needs to crush Kiritisugu

A Dresden that is willing to kill is a Dresden that does not play around. So much of his power is held back because he can't use his magic to knowingly kill another human or else he becomes corrupted. Here, he doesn't have that restriction. He could snap his fingers and freeze every liquid in Kiritsugu's body (he does that to a member of the Winter Court for back-talking him). He could send massive waves of force to squish Kiritsugu. He could impale him with ice stalactites from the ground.

Dresden has too many ways to kill Kiritsugu, and also takes out most of Kiritsugu's gear with his mere presence. The Contender and origin bullets, the only weapon Kiritsugu has that would be both unnaffected and able to kill Dresden, he won't use immediately before he realises Dresden is a mage, and by that point Dresden has roasted him with hellfire, impaled or flash-frozen him with ice, crushed him with force, thrown him off a building with wind, etc.

Hmm, this looks stompish to me. Dresden can oneshot Kiritsugu with basically anything, while Kiritsugu can only destroy his shields with explosives...which don't even work apparently.

To be fair, the explosives are just as likely to suddenly blow up as they are to short circuit thanks to the anti-tech aura, and Dresden would likely be in their blast range at that point and unable to activate his shields in time. But overall he simply has too many other advantages.

Voting Dresden for reasons above.

Valid points were made. I was initially going to vote for Emiya when I got here.

Round 1: Dresden's anti-tech aura takes away most of Emiya's advantages. The only way I see Emiya winning without his much higher speed is sniping him from long range. So in a direct fight Harry would win. However, sniping from long range is literally Emiya's standard operating procedure. He would kill Harry without Harry even noticing him. Emiya 8/10 depending on how he decides to kill Harry (remaining 2 are if Emiya considers Harry enough of a threat to warrant explosive traps, which would fail giving Harry time to notice/locate Emiya).

Round 2: This is literally a stomp. His speed is so over Harry's that it would be an instant blitz.

XING06 said:
However, sniping from long range is literally Emiya's standard operating procedure. He would kill Harry without Harry even noticing him. Emiya 8/10 depending on how he decides to kill Harry (remaining 2 are if Emiya considers Harry enough of a threat to warrant explosive traps, which would fail giving Harry time to notice/locate Emiya).
SBA says their starting distance is the person with the lowest range's highest range. So Emiya won't be sniping him from miles away the moment the battle starts.

Their starting distance is the lowest person's highest range, but Emiya's standard operating procedure is to gain distance and attack with stealth never facing an opponent head on. He pops smoke grenades (all real types use mechanical fuses negating Dresden's tech-field) and rushes off to hide at long distance with time alter. Then he tries setting of his preplanted explosives, none of which will work. After this, he'll shift to sniping, which is when Dresden will lose as he is by now comepletely out of range and concealed well. Dresden's only chance is to rush and blast as soon as the battle begins (where Emiya will be stomped), but this is comepletely out of character for him and since the poster didn't specify bloodlusted, comepletely irrelevant.

"Real types"?. Those smoke grenades are more likely to not go off when Kiri throws them, or go off in his hand.

And you seem to be assuming Dresden can't just chase him down, or flash freeze him the moment the fight starts. Which, considering Dresden is actually willing to kill here, is most definitely not out of character.

No, I've used actual smoke grenade issued to the military once ,the M18 red, (fun time in summer camp as a kid - military surplus equipment rules!). They work through purely mechanical means like a revolver; it's a timed fuse using a mechanical/chemical delay system. It would definitely work like intened. Also, I have considered Dresden chasing him down (as their speed is equalized so he actually has a chance to do so) but I believe I responded to that with Kiritsugu's Time Alter ability plus the concealment offered by the grenades. However, I didn't know that this was a bloodlusted match, so thanks for clearing that up. Okay, then Round 1: Emiya 6/10 as I still think he can escape as he has Avalon as well so even if he is injured he can recover. Now, its a matter of if he can escape fast enough or if Dresden crushes him in the inital start.

Round 2: Still a stomp as Kiritsugu is just way too fast for Dresden to keep up with.

The delay system sounds like it would probably be the part of that to break. The other parts might work, but a chemical and technological delay system would be "shorted out".

It isn't bloodlusted, Dresden just doesn't play around when he's actually willing to kill. He flash froze a fae court member for back talking him.

Avalon doesn't work if Saber isn't summoned to supply it with her mana, which she isn't here.

You can't short out the chemical fuse it literally works like a glorified friction match. The technological delay system as you call it is comepletely mechanical as I have stated before it works like a revolver's internals relying on a system of springs and and other steel parts to work.

True, but he also doesn't pull out his best moves immediately. He's more likely to use a regular flame attack first using his blasting rod which Kiritsugu can avoid using suppressing fire, grenades, and Time alter.

Oh right. I forgot about that part of Avalon. Thanks for reminding me.

Wait we're removing round 2 though right because it really does seem like a stomp. Round 1 is a good debate but 2 is just unfair.

Back