• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hajime no Ippo General Discussion Thread

Yay! Now I'm wondering if some of the other calcs I did for the verse like glass breaking at the very least can get accepeted.
I don't think glass breaking feats are valid but I saw some more feats that I think are worth a try.
Tbh I'd prefer the higher speed calcs get evaluated as well, encase peeps wanna gatekeeps Miyata's Red Lightning sound portion of the statement there's more stating it's lightspeed than sound lol
I mean the lightspeed statements are most likely hyperboles but I have some more speed calcs in my mind.
Oh! Actually how about the Takamura window moment next?
Gonna check that one out.

I don't think glass breaking feats are valid but I saw some more feats that I think are worth a try.

I mean the lightspeed statements are most likely hyperboles but I have some more speed calcs in my mind.

Gonna check that one out.
That's strange, I still see so many glass feats accepted for other series on this site

The same scene the Red Lightning Punch is introduced Randy directly states from his POV that Miyata's Fist was turning into light and that his knuckles were glowing you also saw the illumination on Randy's face. The Dai Kaibou Magazine also reiterates his POV by stating he saw a Ray/Flash of Light before Miyata's fist made contact with his face this book also states the technique was the speed of light twice

That's strange, I still see so many glass feats accepted for other series on this site
🤷‍♂️
The same scene the Red Lightning Punch is introduced Randy directly states from his POV that Miyata's Fist was turning into light and that his knuckles were glowing you also saw the illumination on Randy's face.
They are probably just exaggerations and the "light" Randy saw might be Perception Manipulation as well. It's at least a better assumption than taking the lightspeed statements or the "Red Lightning" as face value.

I'm willing to take glass feats of they're accepted here
🤷‍♂️

They are probably just exaggerations and the "light" Randy saw might be Perception Manipulation as well. It's at least a better assumption than taking the lightspeed statements or the "Red Lightning" as face value.
I do not recall Miyata having perception manipulation at all in this series, I also don't see how perception manip explains the direct illumination on Randy's face prior to the punch. The light even reached Miyata's dad face and Ippo's face so it's definitely real lol. An attack that's stated to not only be a user manipulating light but stated to be a Flash/Ray of light being the speed of light wouldn't really be an exaggeration when you think about it

I do not recall Miyata having perception manipulation at all in this series,
Well there's a first time for everything lol.
I also don't see how perception manip explains the direct illumination on Randy's face prior to the punch. The light even reached Miyata's dad face and Ippo's face so it's definitely real lol.
Well is there anything else that directly suggests that it's some kind of lightning? The "illumation" we see might just be a manga effect after all.
An attack that's stated to not only be a user manipulating light but stated to be a Flash/Ray of light being the speed of light wouldn't really be an exaggeration when you think about it
I think it would be a big exaggeration in this case as the KE of Miyata's counter would reach Mountain Level KE whle no character in the verse shows any feats even close to that. I really don't think Hajime no Ippo characters are town or city destroyers lmao.

Well there's a first time for everything lol.
I'd still like to see a blog on em tbh lol
Well is there anything else that directly suggests that it's some kind of lightning? The "illumation" we see might just be a manga effect after all.
I don't think the manga effect would be an option when it's the same moment Randy goes "WTF IS THIS LIGHT!? HIS KNUCKLES ARE GLOWING!?"
I think it would be a big exaggeration in this case as the KE of Miyata's counter would reach Mountain Level KE whle no character in the verse shows any feats even close to that. I really don't think Hajime no Ippo characters are town or city destroyers lmao.
Ok now it's hilarious timing you say this because Takamura shatters a Glass material from a Helmet claimed as being capable of surviving a nuclear explosion with his Megaton Punch

I don't think the manga effect would be an option when it's the same moment Randy goes "WTF IS THIS LIGHT!? HIS KNUCKLES ARE GLOWING!?"
Again like, glowing knuckles doesn't mean it's lightspeed Miyata probably went too fast his fist caused Randy to see weird images.
Ok now it's hilarious timing you say this because Takamura shatters a Glass material from a Helmet claimed as being capable of surviving a nuclear explosion with his Megaton Punch
That doesn't mean that the helmet took the nuclear explosion's full yield...

Again like, glowing knuckles doesn't mean it's lightspeed Miyata probably went too fast his fist caused Randy to see weird images.
That feels very assumption based considering that's not really ever directly stated or at least implied. It's very clear and simple Morikawa's intent was for Miyata to dig deep and move fast and he generated light in the process while also having numerous statements saying this technique is launched at the speed of light
That doesn't mean that the helmet took the nuclear explosion's full yield...
Well I only said the glass material itself not the Helmet, Takamura shattered the glass

Also I'm hoping that maybe we could get the Ippo vending machine scene turned into a blog next lol once again your free to make any alternations in the blog if necessary

That feels very assumption based considering that's not really ever directly stated or at least implied. It's very clear and simple Morikawa's intent was for Miyata to dig deep and move fast and he generated light in the process while also having numerous statements saying this technique is launched at the speed of light
The attack going at light speed is even more assumption based imo as anything you suggested as a justification can be regarded as manga effects, over exaggerations and outliers.
Well I only said the glass material itself not the Helmet, Takamura shattered the glass
The same thing still applies.
Also I'm hoping that maybe we could get the Ippo vending machine scene turned into a blog next lol once again your free to make any alternations in the blog if necessary
Well denting feats are kinda weird as of now (new standards are gonna get applied I think) so I wouldn't do it for now.

The attack going at light speed is even more assumption based imo as anything you suggested as a justification can be regarded as manga effects, over exaggerations and outliers.
It's literally the only thing people bring up regarding this technique in the future regarding Miyata's speed, it's the technique that manipulates light that's being thrown speed of light no one brings up the sound part (There's 3-5 statements of it being the speed of light) nor do I even think the sound part is still worth noting because it's not the first time the verse has gone past the speed of sound. The Hajime no Ippo Index also claims a Prime Nekota was reaching the speed of light after being claimed as having lightning speed prior and Randy moves in tandem with Miyata's Red Lightning punch the same moment it's thrown so I don't see the Outliers
The same thing still applies.
How? Takamura shatters a material stated to withstand a nuclear explosion with his Megaton Punch. For instance in another scenario it's no different then another character destroying an object stated to survive 500 Megatons, they would be Mountain Level simple
Well denting feats are kinda weird as of now (new standards are gonna get applied I think) so I wouldn't do it for now.
Ok now this one I'm new too, considering in this other vsbattle thread (It was a Baki one) they were still accepting denting feats. Just use the volume of the specific area being dented via yield strength

Some people don't do this well because they use the Height/Thickness of how deep the dent is instead of using the Height/Thickness of the object in question being dented

It's literally the only thing people bring up regarding this technique in the future regarding Miyata's speed, it's the technique that manipulates light that's being thrown speed of light no one brings up the sound part (There's 3-5 statements of it being the speed of light) nor do I even think the sound part is still worth noting because it's not the first time the verse has gone past the speed of sound. The Hajime no Ippo Index also claims a Prime Nekota was reaching the speed of light after being claimed as having lightning speed prior and Randy moves in tandem with Miyata's Red Lightning punch the same moment it's thrown so I don't see the Outliers
Calling a fast dude "woah he's lightning fast" doesn't mean they are actually as fast as lightning as you would need extraordinary evidence to back up that claim like a character being able to exactly identify the speed of a character with a look confirming it is light speed, or an on screen timer shows the punch traveling at light speed.
How? Takamura shatters a material stated to withstand a nuclear explosion with his Megaton Punch. For instance in another scenario it's no different then another character destroying an object stated to survive 500 Megatons, they would be Mountain Level simple
Withstanding a nuclear explosion≠being as durable as a nuclesr explosion, as an explosion's intensity weakens as it travels more distance. There's also lots of problems with the statement as we get no proof for the material withstanding the explosion and the vaugeness of the statement makes it hard to find it reliable.
Some people don't do this well because they use the Height/Thickness of how deep the dent is instead of using the Height/Thickness of the object in question being dented
I think calcs that do this get rejected for now as well as one of mine got rejected even though I did this.

Back