• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Guts vs Ruby Rose

Unless Ruby uses her Silver Eyes and freezes the town (along with Guts), then Guts takes this battle due to him having more expertise in the field of battle. While guts' berserker armor is flawed, it still is better than her aura since if she uses too much it would imcompacitate her.

Plus, Guts luck is insane.

I'm fairly certain dust ammo is part of her standard gear, especially considering what she can use in Grimm Eclipse, so she has a versatility advantage over Guts.

She's slightly faster than Guts and has a better range game, so she could win as long as she uses her superior mobility and range to her advantage.

Finally, Guts has no answer to the Silver Eyes, but until we know more I'm not exactly willing to use it as an argument.

However, the Berserker armour could allow him to outlast Rubys aura...

Personally, I'm 50-50 on this, but leaning slightly towards Ruby.

Thinking Ruby, but only 5.5/10.

Austrian-Man-Meat said:

Ruby | Guts

Both in character and willing to kill, with standard battle assumptions.

Ooh! I was looking for this thread. I'd say Guts, he's got the reactions to dodge most of Ruby's attacks and is stronger and more durable. Not to mention while Ruby is faster in travel, Guts is Faster in Reactions. It's pretty close.

Ruby actually is faster than Guts (Mach 318) due to her being Mach 352 in combat/reaction speeds. However Guts is Mach 22 in travel speeds compared to Ruby's Mach 14 travel speed.

WeeklyBattles said:
I'm voting Ruby via higher speed and versatility via dust ammo
I am quite ignorant on Dust Ammunition and how it would assist her in this fight, would you care to elaborate?

If she hits him with an ice dust round he would likely be slowed down quite a bit, and she can use gravity dust rounds as both a more powerful alternative to stanradr sniper rounds and as a means of evading Guts' attacks faster. The other dust elements would be helpful but those two would likely be the most useful

The biggest problems Ruby will face in this fight will be Guts tenacity,equipment and his intelligence. Guts is no stranger to knock-down,drag-out fights, his many instances of being a damage sponge against Apostles who rival him proves it. Ruby would have an incredibly difficult time wearing him down especially when her ap is lower than his durability. Just as quick comparison here is how Yang (someone who is equal or even stronger than Ruby) deals with recieving significant injury and this is how Guts deals with it

Guts equipment is also not something to overlook either. His minature bombs,arm canon and repeater would all prove vital in the fight to pester or even deal damage to Ruby (keep in mind all equipment mentioned has harmed apostles). However Dragonslayer would be the go-to weapon seeing as Guts will cause 100% significant or even fatal damage with it due to the soul harming capabilities it posseses.

Guts intelligence would be a important factor I feel, I don't believe Ruby has displayed any critical thinking in combat like Guts has. He would probably pretend to be vulnerable whilst bombarded with bullets all the while littering the area around him with minature bombs/whipping out the arm canon which Ruby may be caught off guard by. Keep in mind Guts has fought in undesirable conditions (Everytime Serpico fights him xD)

Austrian-Man-Meat said:
Keep in mind Guts has fought in undesirable conditions (Everytime Serpico fights him xD)
This is true, like the time they were on a cliff ledge, as well as that castle with incredible amount of pillars which would affect his full swing.

Edit: as for the Yang and Guts arm scenario, the main issue with that is awareness. Guts was aware of his arm getting stuck in an apostle's mouth and decided to chop it off, while yang could have been in a state of shock when she was sliced, possibly.

Yang was definately at her strongest in the clip and was ready for a fight, when you are going to head into one you expect to have injuries of some sort. But when Yang was dealt with injury the shock was probably too much to deal with and she probably passed out. Plus Ruby has not shown any signs of being able to tank damage (such as impalement,breaking of bones etc) and to keep on fighting.

There is a reason why Guts is called "Struggler" you know xD

On a random side-note, I'm still waiting for it to be released this Summer.

Anyway, I give this to guts with Mid-High difficulty.

I would give it to Ruby. Sure Guts is more experienced, by experience is kind of difficult to measure in combat... Ruby's also got a speed advantage, and while she's not as experienced she's not dumb either. I think she could pull it off.

Ruby has a speed advantage, but by a minute amount and she is not strong enough to one shot Guts either. Which allows him to adapt to her speed and apply battle strategies which Ruby may fall for (Guts has managed to outsmart Serpico, a very pragmatic and cunning warrior).

Ruby as far as I know has never been though grueling battles nor would she be resilient enough to go through them (Yang losing an arm). So her battling against someone who is more tenacious, stronger and experienced than her (due to outwitting Serpico, who has probably showed more cunning and intelligence than Ruby) would yield disastrous results.

WarpyNeko930 said:
I would give it to Ruby. Sure Guts is more experienced, by experience is kind of difficult to measure in combat... Ruby's also got a speed advantage, and while she's not as experienced she's not dumb either. I think she could pull it off.
Experience is helpful because that gives you more skill and you won't go around running like crazy. Guts dodged lightning so he has the reactions to keep up. Ruby is faster in travel, But Guts is faster in reactions. Guts I believe has faster reactions than Ruby's travel speed. And Reactions>Travel Speed as if you are running your foe at top speed, their brain will process it and dodge rather quickly. Also Guts is stronger and slightly more durable. Guts has more weapons but none of them can compare to The Cresent Rose. Except The Dragon Slayer which can cut through a lot of stuff and render Ruby's Aura useless as it can destroy her soul and Aura is linked to souls.

Back