• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Guts vs Girallon - Hunting Time

Might as well give this a shot.

Speed is equalised. Infernal Girallon is being used vs Griffith's Retrieval Guts at 9-A. SBA otherwise

Guts: 3

Girallon: 1

Incon: 1

Last edited:
The AP gap isn't very big, and Guts has a significant skill advantage, an experience advantage depending on how old the Girallon he's fighting is, fire resistance, and passive defensive Probability Manipulation, that while nerfed a bit since it often relies on coincidental outside help which won't arrive in a VS match, is still effective at warding off lethal hits. I give it to Guts with mid-high diff

So the AP gap is a little over 3x. Significant, I'd say, but not like insane. I think skill is a bad point, given that Infernal Girallons tend to be trained for combat in the skirmishes of hell- such training can symbolize centuries or millennia of constantly being pushed to one's edge to fight in skirmishes that last for decades.

Guts sole advantage, from my point of view, is going to be some level of range, and more significantly, probability manip, which as said above is nerfed to some extent since outside help can't just coincidentally appear.

I vote incon. Range can be countered by Girallon's acrobatic capability of dodging attacks, I don't think nerfed probability is enough to overcome 3x AP and the number-of-limbs advantage.

Wait why you're voting icon if you're just going over how Girallon counters Gut's stuff?

Because it is true Guts does have an advantage in the sense that passive probability could do something. It's just gimped and thus hard to measure.

Meh if we know it gets gimped and outside he doesn't have a strong way to win I'd rather vote for Girallon

Meh if we know it gets gimped and outside he doesn't have a strong way to win I'd rather vote for Girallon
you're free to vote for the ape, yes.

So the AP gap is a little over 3x. Significant, I'd say, but not like insane. I think skill is a bad point, given that Infernal Girallons tend to be trained for combat in the skirmishes of hell- such training can symbolize centuries or millennia of constantly being pushed to one's edge to fight in skirmishes that last for decades.

Guts sole advantage, from my point of view, is going to be some level of range, and more significantly, probability manip, which as said above is nerfed to some extent since outside help can't just coincidentally appear.

I vote incon. Range can be countered by Girallon's acrobatic capability of dodging attacks, I don't think nerfed probability is enough to overcome 3x AP and the number-of-limbs advantage.
Wyald's 0.04 tons feat was pretty casual, and Guts eventually outperformed him in a straight fight, then took his hits and rendered him near-death when Wyald amped himself by changing to his Apostle Form. Via upscaling, Guts' AP is quite a bit above just 0.04 tons

And AP and number limbs advantage are probably some if the easiest things for Guts' Probability Manipulation to overcome, even when nerfed, considering many Apostles (including Apostle Form Wyald) have more than 2 arms and often are superior to Guts in terms of raw strength

And Girallon is technically superior to the individual that performed the 0.13 ton feat. Regardless of these factors, by the actual numbers we have a 3x AP gap.

I don't think that's a particularly damning case compared to the advantages held by the Girallon. Again, I vote incon.

Back