• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

GriGri's Giant Adventure

...huh. This is a funny matchup-

So, Grima's obviously much larger, and has much more range- on top of that, he seems to have access to elemental darkness, Grigori's weakness... Grigori, conversely, seems to have minor advantages elsewhere- intelligence, versatility, what he can do with his reality warping, etc. Grigori also has Mind Manip., but he has to grab someone for it to work first, and with how stupidly larger Grima is than Grigori I doubt that's going to happen.

At the end of the day, though? I'm not really sure Grima has a way around Grigori's Immortality, seeing as it's directly supplied by a Low 2-C character. I guess he could try absorbing Grigori's soul, but I doubt that would work given that the concept of the soul is also bound up in the concept of the Eternal Cycle... BFR miiight also work, but he can seemingly travel between different realities of his own volition as well, so ehh.

I guess I'm Inconclusive, slightly leaning towards Grigori.

Haha, true

Aren't there like, a lot of different High 6-B dragons/kaiju/big monsters running about on the Wiki? That sounds like it has potential.

I swear this thread came out of me being unable to find High 6-Bs and here we go with 2 of them

Millennium Godzilla and Mechagodzilla and a good number of fusions from SU i know are high 6-B off the top of my head

Now all I need to do is find a good match for Duma

Acno was legit one of the few High 6-Bs I knew existed

I love how this is just a High 6-B recruitment thread now, rather than anyone discussing the matchup. Lol.

Doesn't standard battle assumptions disable Immortality Type 4 by default? Anyway, I'm leaning towards Grima since Darkness Manip is Grigori's weakness. Also, Grima is 380 Teratons scaling from Duma, how high up us Grigori? And while Grigori does seem to have more variety in his abilities, how good is his reality warping? Grima could also potentially BFR or use Soul manip, but he doesn't really use those in character.

...Grigori's Large Country level is kinda undefined, we just know that's his lowest-end.

Err, it's good enough to create alternate realities like Bitterblack Isle, for starters, though I imagine that unless we were using 3-B Grigori he'd not be able to create anything quite of that magnitude. Other than that, there's assorted just messing with the world he pulls off, including-but-not-limited-to: sinking entire cities, opening up portals to the Everfall, dramatically changing what flora and fauna can be found in the world, warping the skies to a shade of green, being the direct source of all of the other Arisen's power and immortality that accepted his "deal", ability to control the Will/Souls of others and via doing so awaken an Arisen's latent potential, and straight up immunity to a variety of ailments, including Mind Manip., Petrification, etc. Curiously, he's not immune to the instant-death effect Maker's Finger, and I've not been able to test whether Exequy works on him or not, but it seems as though he has, if not a vulnerability, then no special resistance against OHK techniques.

What sort of Darkness Manip. does Grima have, btw? It doesn't really elaborate on his profile, his only Notable Technique listed is "Breath." Also, does Grima also have Type 2 Immortality? The whole "only the Chosen One can kill me for good" deal as Grigori, in this case an aspect of itself and/or Falchion? I guess that's probably also a problem for Grigori to deal with.

Grima attacks with a Dark Magic attack. And it sounds more like Type 3 Immortality, that can only be bypassed if Robi is the one who kills him; but he'll still ressuract if Chrom finishes him with the Exalted Falchion; albeit, it would take years for it to take effect.

Yea, Grima has a weird immortality, he only actually dies if he kills himself (which, because Future Robin is Grima, also includes Robin), otherwise, he just falls asleep

Back