• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Griffin's Feats

Flashlight237

VS Battles
Calculation Group
So yeah, I was looking at the Griffin's feats. This may take some heavy debating before doing anything. So yeah, as it stands, Griffins are, of course, fodder creatures in Greek mythology and varying other mythologies to an extent. As it currently stands, this was what we got.

Attack Potency: "Likely higher (Was thought to be stronger than a horse or ox. Was said to be stronger than eight lions or 100 eagles. Said to have defeated dragons and elephants)"

At best, elephants were rated at 125,000 joules on a full charge. Not so sure about dragons and whether a dragon Griffins have supposedly fought (Where's the account?) did anything beforehand or not, though, but they should at least be comparable to real-life dinosaurs due to them possibly being fantasized versions of dinosaurs (people actually thought dinosaur fossils were dragon skeletons back then). Unfortunately, as it currently stands, dinosaurs are wall-level (except maybe Apatosaurus with its whiplash tail). Is the "higher" tag really needed?

Lifting Strength: "possibly higher (Pulled the chariot of Apollo)"

How big is Apollo's chariot? Granted, Greek and Roman chariots were about the size of dining tables, but we're talking about a chariot piloted by Apollo, which also pulled the sun day and night. Or is the chariot the sun? I dunno. Anyway, if the sun is the real deal (which these myths usually point to), then this is Stellar-class stuff. If the sun is Helios, then I wouldn't know how big Titans are meant to be. I mean one could claim titans are about the size of Kaiju-type monsters (like Godzilla and all that) while another could claim that titans tower over mountains, but I don't think there was ever a single account telling us how big titans are. Of course most of the time, Apollo's chariot is depicted as being pulled by horses. But either way, would the idea of Griffins pulling the sun be an outlier when compared to mythology fodder, or would it be considered an acceptable feat (which would put griffins much higher than 9-B if so, but eh.)?

But yeah, those are my concerns as of yet.

Back